Sign in to follow this  
Robert Rosario

Jamie Cureton

Possibly. 

But I think he has a bit of a cheek.  The club''s ambitions don''t match his??  He is 31 years old, has had a good season (in terms of goals scored) based on previous seasons.  I am puzzled because he is not good enough to score regularly in the Premiership, so I wonder where he thinks his ambitions lie?

I would possibly take him if I were Grant, but for no more than 200k.  If he came and scored regularly for us next season then good, but I would not keep him if we somehow got promoted.

Anyway, If Earnie stays, or we get Sharp or similar and with a target man, Cureton would have to be content with a place on the bench and judging by his ''ambitions'', he wouldn''t be.

Cureton would being a terrific signing in my opinion: top scorer in the championship last season, loves Norwich, is already playing for one of the East Anglian clubs so wouldn''t have to relocate too far, the only downside for me is that I''m not sure he complement Earnie that well.

I''m not sure he is what we should be after, at least not before attempting to sign players like Sharp and probably not for the money they''ll want.  There is a huge difference between someone like Cureton (30+) and players such as Varney/Sharp who are in their early 20s, almost just starting out, and who can easily be seen as investments.  Also, if you look at his career there have been more clubs than you can shake a stick at, he has had problems settling and getting on - and he said himself that he could not get a game at Swindon before he went to Colchester where he just fitted in, but their style of play is rather different to ours. 

All that said, he does have a good scoring record wherever he''s been and would presumably do a job for us.  For me there are plenty we should be in for ahead of Cureton, but I suppose it depends how far down the ''target list'' we get, as he should be on that list somewhere.

Cureton was top scorer in the division last season; id say he''d be an awesome signing; if he scores as many goals for us this season as he did for colchester last and we keep earnie (which i dont think will happen incedentally) we''d be laughing 

Get Cureton in on the cheap, Sutton as a target man and Sharp too as our main striker.

Not that there''s any chance of that happening, however....

Wow! yes, yes bloody yes!.

Although n SSN today, they are saying Colchester have rejected his request...........for what little that means!.

Sell Earnie, and get the lad in...........problem solved.

Go on Grant, impress me for once!.

Cureton has been knocking around lower league clubs for years now and may have just had a very lucky season in a massively over performing side . he is not what we need to get out of this division . We currently have the best little striker in our division if we have any ambition to get promoted we will still have him come the new season.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Cureton was top scorer in the division last season; id say he''d be an awesome signing; if he scores as many goals for us this season as he did for colchester last and we keep earnie (which i dont think will happen incedentally) we''d be laughing [/quote]

Agreed. Cureton''s an intelligent player, who is high on confidence right now - him and Earnie could be dynamite [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Wow! yes, yes bloody yes!.

Although n SSN today, they are saying Colchester have rejected his request...........for what little that means!.

Sell Earnie, and get the lad in...........problem solved.

Go on Grant, impress me for once!.

[/quote]

It probably wont happen now, because if it did it would give you one less thing to moan about.