Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

blame delia for everything

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Truth is nothing has changed and furthermore nothing is likely to this coming season either... you and the others who have willingly subscribed to another season of c**p by re-newing your season tickets so easily have seen to that!!!

As I have said before...  City must get off to an absolute flyer this coming season and never look back... otherwise it is the end of the road for Delia & Co

See you at the demo''s in early October maybe???

[/quote]

Nothing has changed, apart from two new board members worth 275m, who are Norwich fans. Why are you ignoring this? Because you stated that Delia was lying when she said she WAS looking for further investment? She wasn''t lying, was she?
[/quote]

Ahem.  Putney, the Turners came in because Barry Skipper sold them his shares.  Nothing directly to do with Delia.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Truth is nothing has changed and furthermore nothing is likely to this coming season either... you and the others who have willingly subscribed to another season of c**p by re-newing your season tickets so easily have seen to that!!!

As I have said before...  City must get off to an absolute flyer this coming season and never look back... otherwise it is the end of the road for Delia & Co

[/quote]

Nothing has changed, apart from two new board members worth 275m, who are Norwich fans. Why are you ignoring this? Because you stated that Delia was lying when she said she WAS looking for further investment? She wasn''t lying, was she?
[/quote]

Don''t expect an answer mate. Smudger ignores anyone who calls him out on stuff. He''s been repeatedly proved as an expert on being wrong, but seems to have an amazing ability to filter out well reasoned posts which point that out.
He just waits for one of his exclusive little band of mutual backslappers to appear and they all get together for a rousing round of "Good point, Smudger!" and "Why, thank you Cluck!" and all is well in their little fantasy world again.
It would be funny if it wasn''t so pathetic.

They''re either binners, or they''re incredibly stupid. (well obviously if they''re binners they''re incredibly stupid anyway, but you get my point!)
[/quote]

You really are taking the biscuit if you honestly think people are wasting there time to make petty arguement. It seems to me that anybody who,god forbids,doesnt agree with your points and views then that makes them a binner/stupid! Why on this website are there a minority of people who will not except this is a forum for discussion of views and different opinions. Didnt we once have a war to banish this small minded outlook?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t expect an answer mate. Smudger ignores anyone who calls him out on stuff. He''s been repeatedly proved as an expert on being wrong, but seems to have an amazing ability to filter out well reasoned posts which point that out.
He just waits for one of his exclusive little band of mutual backslappers to appear and they all get together for a rousing round of "Good point, Smudger!" and "Why, thank you Cluck!" and all is well in their little fantasy world again.

They''re either binners, or they''re incredibly stupid. (well obviously if they''re binners they''re incredibly stupid anyway, but you get my point!)
[/quote]

You really are taking the biscuit if you honestly think people are wasting there time to make petty arguement. It seems to me that anybody who,god forbids,doesnt agree with your points and views then that makes them a binner/stupid! Why on this website are there a minority of people who will not except this is a forum for discussion of views and different opinions. Didnt we once have a war to banish this small minded outlook?

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Nothing has changed, apart from two new board members worth 275m, who are Norwich fans. Why are you ignoring this? Because you stated that Delia was lying when she said she WAS looking for further investment? She wasn''t lying, was she?[/quote]

Ahem.  Putney, the Turners came in because Barry Skipper sold them his shares.  Nothing directly to do with Delia.

[/quote]

The original quote said no change => end of road for Delia & Co - is not/was not Barry Skipper in the & Co?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Arthur.

It seems strange that the ones accusing YOU of being a binner are the same ones who have refused the chance to meet you in person and discuss this all next saturday. Maybe they are the binners? Maybe they wont come because they live in suffolk? Maybe they only defend the way the club is run because they are ipswich fans and want to see the club return to the days of robert chase?Love or hate Arthur, you have to admit that at least hes prepared to meet in public and wont shy away from his views unlike certain others, or should we start calling them binners and sink to there level?

[quote user="wayne gardner"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Arthur.

It seems strange that the ones accusing YOU of being a binner are the same ones who have refused the chance to meet you in person and discuss this all next saturday. Maybe they are the binners? Maybe they wont come because they live in suffolk? Maybe they only defend the way the club is run because they are ipswich fans and want to see the club return to the days of robert chase?Love or hate Arthur, you have to admit that at least hes prepared to meet in public and wont shy away from his views unlike certain others, or should we start calling them binners and sink to there level?

[/quote]

Maybe, they''re actually NCFC club employees, who don''t want their ''partisan'' cover blown?[^o)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]Rubbish. I disagree with 1st Wizard on nearly everything he says, but we have still debated it on this board without any stupid name calling from either of us. I have never called anyone stupid for holding an opposing view to mine, I talk to them about it. This is so I can review my own thoughts on the matter, and hope they do the same. That is the whole point of debate, is it not? You on the other hand paint a binner scarf on our majority share holder''s picture, lable her a binner, complain like mad when people don''t agree with your outlandish claims whilst offering no argument to support them, and expect your views to be taken seriously. You need to earn respect, not demand it.Mystic - true, and I wasn''t trying to say that Delia single handedly engineered the whole deal. But previously, when Delia said the board would entertain new investment from someone who was a fan, Smudger said she was lying. She obviously wasn''t, which is the point I was trying to make. Everything good that happens isn''t solely down to Delia, just as everything bad that happens isn''t solely down to Delia. Mello - Oh good grief. So are you trying to say that anyone who disagrees with you must be in the employ of the club? Pathetic.

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Mystic - true, and I wasn''t trying to say that Delia single handedly engineered the whole deal. But previously, when Delia said the board would entertain new investment from someone who was a fan, Smudger said she was lying. She obviously wasn''t, which is the point I was trying to make. Everything good that happens isn''t solely down to Delia, just as everything bad that happens isn''t solely down to Delia.

[/quote]

Point taken Putney.  This leads to a wider question, which is about how much control other football club board members have when one of their number wants to sell their shares.  What happens if the others are not happy about it?  When push comes to shove, can they actually prevent it?  If they can''t stop the shares being sold, can they prevent the purchaser from joining the board?  I''m not suggesting that there''s any evidence of disagreement in this case, but it could happen couldn''t it? 

The club has advised me that I am free to sell my shares to whoever I choose, at whatever price I can get.  Was Barry Skipper free to do the same?  Did the board have to vote on it?  If as majority shareholders, Delia and Michael wanted to sell up to a purchaser of their choice, could anyone stop them?  Perhaps someone who understands how these things work can explain.

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Rubbish. I disagree with 1st Wizard on nearly everything he says, but we have still debated it on this board without any stupid name calling from either of us. I have never called anyone stupid for holding an opposing view to mine, I talk to them about it. This is so I can review my own thoughts on the matter, and hope they do the same. That is the whole point of debate, is it not? You on the other hand paint a binner scarf on our majority share holder''s picture, lable her a binner, complain like mad when people don''t agree with your outlandish claims whilst offering no argument to support them, and expect your views to be taken seriously. You need to earn respect, not demand it.

Mystic - true, and I wasn''t trying to say that Delia single handedly engineered the whole deal. But previously, when Delia said the board would entertain new investment from someone who was a fan, Smudger said she was lying. She obviously wasn''t, which is the point I was trying to make. Everything good that happens isn''t solely down to Delia, just as everything bad that happens isn''t solely down to Delia.

Mello - Oh good grief. So are you trying to say that anyone who disagrees with you must be in the employ of the club? Pathetic.
[/quote]

Oh good grief! Why is it pathetic, putty? There was recently a club that was ''caught out'' with ''ip addresses'' by an astute  poster on another football fan''s forum, (a suvvern league club), that was posting ''positives'' and attacking the ''negatives'' or those that questioned the club''s board and ''other stuff''......(during a certain unpopular Chairman''s tenure I seem to remember) - that was traced back to their club media........So, if you think it''s pathetic and you also disagree that employees of the club at no time venture and contribute to this forum.....then, that also makes you very naive......

Get out more chum, it happens in all forms of ''business''........Including our ''Honourable'' Government.

Mystic - I don''t know if there are restrictions on our board members. At companies I have belonged to before, there were restrcitions on *when* execs and board members could sell, and the info was always made public, but when they sold they could always sell to who they wanted and at market price without restriction. These were US publicly traded companies and so different laws would apply. I would be surprised if Skipper couldn''t have sold for a profit, but I believe he didn''t for the good of the club. i.e. help the new people come in and invest as much as possible in the club. I would expect that for the Turner''s it would have been a drop in the ocean though, so it is probably a good will gesture. I also expect that the whole thing was transparent to the board, and done with their blessing. I don''t know this though. It does seem that the board are united and pull together, whether you agree in their direction or not.Mello, if you actually read people''s posts you will find that those defending Delia and the board do not whole heartedly agree with everything being said and done by them, but just want to counter some of the crap being written on here by people who think its OK to fling wild accusations about, call people liars, tricksters etc bordering on the libelous. Its OK to disagree, its OK to have a different point of view or perspective, its not OK to make these wild accusations without a scrap of evidence or a real world argument. The only reason you made that comment about NCFC employees is because you disagree with their perspective, and that is pathetic.

I realise that I''m not very bright but what does Arthur and his vast band of followers (from Lakenham and Bowthorpe if I recall) actually want, mainly Delia, and the rest of the board to do beyond getting someone rich and foreign in as an investor?

I have seen no list of demands from him apart from, ''get the binner out'' which doesn''t really seem to constitute a well defined strategy.      

[quote user="Putney Canary"]Mystic - I don''t know if there are restrictions on our board members. At companies I have belonged to before, there were restrcitions on *when* execs and board members could sell, and the info was always made public, but when they sold they could always sell to who they wanted and at market price without restriction. These were US publicly traded companies and so different laws would apply. I would be surprised if Skipper couldn''t have sold for a profit, but I believe he didn''t for the good of the club. i.e. help the new people come in and invest as much as possible in the club. I would expect that for the Turner''s it would have been a drop in the ocean though, so it is probably a good will gesture. I also expect that the whole thing was transparent to the board, and done with their blessing. I don''t know this though. It does seem that the board are united and pull together, whether you agree in their direction or not.

Mello, if you actually read people''s posts you will find that those defending Delia and the board do not whole heartedly agree with everything being said and done by them, but just want to counter some of the crap being written on here by people who think its OK to fling wild accusations about, call people liars, tricksters etc bordering on the libelous. Its OK to disagree, its OK to have a different point of view or perspective, its not OK to make these wild accusations without a scrap of evidence or a real world argument. The only reason you made that comment about NCFC employees is because you disagree with their perspective, and that is pathetic.
[/quote]

Well, folk call me a closet binner! I''m a sensitive soul - and take it really personal, and cry myself to sleep at night, clutchin'' my teddy.....Folk are so hurtful![:''(]

Do you have a teddy, putty?

I''ll reiterate, if you believe that individuals employed by the club, have never, ever, contributed to this forum under a pseudonym, then it is you that is pathetic, (that''s if you actually read my post, and you didn''t question my ''input'' concerning the ''other'' clubs media ''input'' to a similar forum). If you don''t accept that, then I won''t lose any sleep over it. I don''t make wild accusations concerning the board either, so don''t put me in that bracket.

What I will say is, "that in my opinion, I think the board have passed their sell-by date". "I also believe that the Chief Exec has ''peaked'' in his position at the club, we need someone with a bit more drive and impetus on getting things done - and is fully focused on his/her primary task".

I don''t throw a hissy fit either, when folk who come out with something outrageous concerning NCFC, it''s a football forum - and it is moderated- but most of all it humours me, and sometimes my sides split - with the seriousness of what some folk put on here........If it is OTT or libelous, it is removed or doesn''t make the page. If the forum was ''occupied'' by those that love everything about what''s occurring at NCFC, I''d have to have a bucket by the side of my keyboard to deposit my churning nausea into. The forum would also, be very, very, bland.

Now, do you agree with my mental view concerning the ''employed by NCFC alter-ego folk''s occasional input to this forum?''......Or, do you assume and think that the club wouldn''t even contemplate puttin'' stuff on ''ere?[:|] 

[quote user="shortfatb"]

I realise that I''m not very bright but what does Arthur and his vast band of followers (from Lakenham and Bowthorpe if I recall) actually want, mainly Delia, and the rest of the board to do beyond getting someone rich and foreign in as an investor?

I have seen no list of demands from him apart from, ''get the binner out'' which doesn''t really seem to constitute a well defined strategy.      

[/quote]

What is peoples problem with areas like Lakenham and Bowthorpe? Is this a forum of snobs? Are we only allowed an opinion if we own a £300,000 cottage in the sticks? Im not from either area, and know of support in sprowston and the golden triangle also. Lakenham and bowthorpe were given as examples. Like ive already said, anyone who wants to know my plans you can find me in The Coachmakers at St Stephens.

Just stopped by for a read and I see the Board''s apologists are busting their panties to get themselves heard as usual.

Typical clap trap from Putney...yet another pompous Londoner who thinks he knows what''s best for us country yokels no doubt. Probably anti-hunt/fishing/shooting too without a clue about real life outside the smog choked dump he lives in. 

Strange how those who don''t live in Norfolk and hardly (if ever) get to see games seem to know what the rest of us are missing.  Switching on the internet for a "listen" is far less taxing than driving for hours to watch a load of crap isn''t it?  I believe it''s called the "talking the talk" syndrome.

Baaaaaaaah.

Mello - I never came close to suggesting you are a binner. That would be an obviously stupid thing for me to say. What you did was try and take credibility from my opinions, without actually putting up any of your own, and that is pathetic. Why you chose to respond with even more drivel beats me. I agree with you when you say if we all agreed everything was lovely what a dull forum it would be, however can you actually point out one single poster who DOES think that? If there was one, I might share your concerns, but there is no reason for you to think anyone from the club posts on here, even if it did happen once in the ''suvvern league''. Now can we get on with something more interesting please?Shortfatb - no you are being bright, there is no strategy from an awful lot of them. They also seemed to have missed out on the news that they have found someone rich and local to invest in the club. You can get a decent debate going on here, there are people who can engage brain on both sides of the discussion.

Mello, I think Putney has a point.

I wouldn''t say its beyond the realms of possibility that club staff have posted here, but I''d be surprised if they have.

Just because one club did it, doesn''t mean we do. In fact the fact that there is only a single documented case would suggest it was a rather dodgy adminsitration that was involved in posting on fans sites.

Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings are probably not.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if the club staff posted here, why shouldn''t they?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

What is peoples problem with areas like Lakenham and Bowthorpe? Is this a forum of snobs? Are we only allowed an opinion if we own a £300,000 cottage in the sticks? Im not from either area, and know of support in sprowston and the golden triangle also. Lakenham and bowthorpe were given as examples. Like ive already said, anyone who wants to know my plans you can find me in The Coachmakers at St Stephens.

[/quote]

Arthur,

I have no problems with Lakenham or Bowthorpe and much as I would like to be a snob, I sadly have nothing to be snobbish about.

It was really more about pointing out the smallness of your support, 30 in one place and 40 in another if I recall, the non event that you are supposedly planning to ensure that your demands are met and the fact that you seem bereft of any strategy or demands other than stating, ''it''s all Delia''s fault, get the binner out'' etc.

Surely your plans would be better carefully written out and placed on the board for us all to read and be inspired by, rather than it being compulsory to attend the Coachmakers to receive your pearls of wisdom in person. I don''t think event the greatest revolutionaries, rulers and dictators of any age were either so sure of their vision or maybe so shortsighted in their approach to only relay it to people attending one pub in their home town. (''I am considering invading Poland, anybody interested meet me in the bier keller on Rausen Strasse anytime soon where I''ll tell you all about it, yours Adolf'')    

What are your plans and why? Rally those of us who are unconvinced so far. Telling me there is now a groundswell of support in Sprowston and Unthank Road isn''t really enough. In truth, currently Smith and Jones, Doncaster, Grant, the Turners and even Munby seem to have a better plan than you.   

[quote]Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to

be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings

are probably not.[/quote]I''m Neil Doncaster apparently.  And so is my wife.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur,

I have no problems with Lakenham or Bowthorpe and much as I would like to be a snob, I sadly have nothing to be snobbish about.

It was really more about pointing out the smallness of your support, 30 in one place and 40 in another if I recall, the non event that you are supposedly planning to ensure that your demands are met and the fact that you seem bereft of any strategy or demands other than stating, ''it''s all Delia''s fault, get the binner out'' etc.

Surely your plans would be better carefully written out and placed on the board for us all to read and be inspired by, rather than it being compulsory to attend the Coachmakers to receive your pearls of wisdom in person. I don''t think event the greatest revolutionaries, rulers and dictators of any age were either so sure of their vision or maybe so shortsighted in their approach to only relay it to people attending one pub in their home town. (''I am considering invading Poland, anybody interested meet me in the bier keller on Rausen Strasse anytime soon where I''ll tell you all about it, yours Adolf'')    

What are your plans and why? Rally those of us who are unconvinced so far. Telling me there is now a groundswell of support in Sprowston and Unthank Road isn''t really enough. In truth, currently Smith and Jones, Doncaster, Grant, the Turners and even Munby seem to have a better plan than you.  

[/quote]

Fair enough i will display my plans on this message board, so watch this space. Although i doubt Hitler done the same thing! Our support is not small, what i gave was an example of support from certain areas, people who believe we are small in numbers are only kidding themselves.

My breath is bated, I can''t wait to read what is galvanising your forces in such large numbers. I have prepared a large humble pie to consume whilst reading your manifesto in the near future.  

[quote]Fair enough i will display my plans on this message board, so watch

this space. Although i doubt Hitler done the same thing! Our support is

not small, what i gave was an example of support from certain areas,

people who believe we are small in numbers are only kidding themselves.[/quote]If I promise to buy your paintings, will you stay away from politics ?

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="shortfatb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur,

[/quote]

No the invasion of Poland was not done by meeting in a pub, but are you then saying it was done by sitting at home on the pc  hiding from his public on the internet SHORTFAB? At least Arthurs not afraid of going public with what he believes in.

I can''t really see how I''m hiding any more than anyone else on the message board, there is no webcam facility after all, if there was you could revel in my intrinsic beauty. 

Arthur,as you say, is not afraid to go public on what he believes in, I don''t need to do this as I am not planning to create a batallion of dissatisfied supporters who will rise up and storm the gates of the Jarrold Stand in support of my beliefs.

Oh, and Arthur still hasn''t told us what he believes in with regards to his overall strategy, but we are going to see it soon on this board, he''s promised.     

Shortfab

You have miss understood what i was saying. Sorry. What i was getting at is people can easily make sly digs at Arthur from home but very few seem to have taken up the invitation to discuss them civilly in person over a friendly beer. You have to respect the fella for puting himself in the public firing line for the club he loves.

Finally we have reached the point where Godwin''s Law comes into play!I believe that should probaly mean discussion over - but knowing Pink''un posters I doubt it.

Every single one of you are NCFC board members, their personal apologists - (or an employee of the club). You''ve all had tea and homemade scones around Delia an'' Mick''s ''Stovemarket'' gaff - and all possess every single Delia recipe book (hardback editions), which are all personally signed by your ''Queen of Carra'' and ''The True Savoury of Norwich City Foodball Club''.

Your house walls (inside and out and including the ceilings and the outside privy) are festooned with portraits of  Delia and the board - and you have life-size portraits of the ''Dark Lord Donkster'' at the top of your stairs (unless you live in a bungalow where they''re in the hallway - or a porch if you''re posh) to scare away the nasty burglar''s and unwelcome untrue fans that may encroach on your sacred "NCFC is my total LIFE! And nothing else matters!"..........dwellings.

You all smoke, because Rogernater Roll-Ups and Mickey Wynn Woodbine smoke.....and are frequently informed by the club media, that the ciggy smoke, empty tab packets and fag-ends, will be pumped back into the club cougher''s - to purchase more ''Players''........

You''re all actually one person, and talk to yourself in the mirror.

ME? I''m just ACE...........and modest with it![H]

THerE, i fEel BeTtEr FoR tHaT! And I bet you read it.......whilst looking in your mirror, wavin'' your ''Major Shareholder Canary Silk Scarf'' and hummin'' "Delia Smith''s Barmcake Army!"[:|]

Now, that was pathetic drivel......

G''URN! Get a life!.......You don''t fall off the world when you go over the Norfolk border y''know! "Now, stop pointing at the aeroplanes in the big sky[ap] and refrain from barkin'' at the moon[S] and chasing noisy motor cars - like a terrier possessed!"[&]

[quote user="megson"]

Mello, I think Putney has a point.

I wouldn''t say its beyond the realms of possibility that club staff have posted here, but I''d be surprised if they have.

Just because one club did it, doesn''t mean we do. In fact the fact that there is only a single documented case would suggest it was a rather dodgy adminsitration that was involved in posting on fans sites.

Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings are probably not.

[/quote]

Ipso facto?

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings are probably not.[/quote]

I''m Neil Doncaster apparently.  And so is my wife.
[/quote]

Darn it!

All along I thought your wife was Nutty (Nigel - to be safe).

D*mn.

OTBC

7rew. where did you find THAT.

And Arthur, I think that what the majority of the posters on here don''t understand is, and while a lot of us may agree with your views regarding the board and the way the club has been heading over the last three seasons, we would like to know what positive plans  you have to bring about changes.

It''s one thing to go hurling insults at Delia and the board on this message board and to have a pub meeting with like minded souls but it''s an entirely different thing to organise a properly organised campain to achieve that goal.

In that event, all that I ask is that you -

1. Detail all the grievences that you have with this board.

2. Provide proof of any wrongdoings.

3. Explain how you will remove this board.

4. Who you have in mind to replace them.

5. And how ?