Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

Hendo, is he losing it?

I watched the Arsenal v Chelsea game in my local on Sunday then headed down to Riverside, in Squares were some familiar faces.  There were Doc, MLJ and Hendo.  They were surrounded by the usual dodgy, bleached mullet haircuts of the youth team who clearly believe they are better than everyone else, not just at football, but in everything.  MLJ and the Doc didn''t look too bad, had a smile on their faces, chatting for most of it, but Hendo looked close to tears for the short time I saw them in there.  I saw them in there for over 30 mins and I don''t think I saw him talk to anyone, just stare into space presumably listenening to the others talking.  Do you think, us not extending his contract could do sserious damage to hsi confidence?  I doubt if Rotherham would want him back either as he wasn''t exactly prolific was he.  MLJ is probably just glad to see the end of Norwich and his injury nightmare possibly in the future.  Why can''t they take the Doc away with them though?

a footballer being released on a free is classed as being on the "scrap heap" have a look on the footy websites at how many players have been released in England this season.. from Premiership to League 2...

have a look again in August and see how many actually find teams? im willing to bet most of them will end up either out of the game altogether or playing amateur football and balacning it with a job.

Id be interested to see a figure of how many players released actually find clubs, or a percentage of them.

Theres obiviously a difference between a Bosman and a Free... a Bosman is when a player wants to leave and is generating interest from a club who may choose to take advantage of his contract situation. either with a pre contract agreement or whatever...

someone released on a free can become a forgotten man unless his Agent pulls a few strings for him.

jas :)

You''ve got to feel for the lad. He always worked hard when he played for us and he did put in some good performances for us in our promotion season. Of course I think his confidence took a hell of a knock after being consistently played on the wing where he couldn''t show what he could do. I don''t think he''s quite up to the standard for this league but played as a striker in league one or two I would have expected him to do a decent job. I personally wish the lad  good luck and hope he finds himself a club.

Over rated, cocky and arrogant (so I hear) - probably found his level at Rotherham. And by that I mean the league they have just been demoted to.

Good luck to him.

He didn''t score much at Rotherham, but he was played on the wing there as well. If you look on their fan forums, the fans clearly want him back there.

[quote user="broadie"]Why don''t you just leave him alone?
[/quote]

Sounds likee something Hendersons girlfriend would sayy..

Heyyy, FOUND YOU!!

=-)

Not a fan, very cocky!! He like the rest of the team was in Henry''s on Sunday (early evening) and took great pleasure in getting his six pack out and showing it off to the girls! Not an impressive site!!! Crap player who will be at Kings Lynn within 4 years.

While I think he was not allowed to show the best of his ablility while playing for us, he has a lot of growing up to do, and that means off the pitch.

My son had the pleasure of "serving" Henderson (and others circa 2004-6) in a McDonalds in Norwich.  Most of the players such as Iwan, Malky, Flem etc would chat and have a laugh, Henderson was often arrogant and treated my son and others as if they were beneath him.  So they were working in McDs and Henderson was a footballer, does that give anyone the right to be arrogant and treat another person with contempt? 

Now, Mr Henderson, my son has a bright future ahead of him in finance...what do you have?  As someone says, he will probably end up at King''s Lynn with Keith Webb.  Life does have a way of sorting things out, doesn''t it....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

While I think he was not allowed to show the best of his ablility while playing for us, he has a lot of growing up to do, and that means off the pitch.

My son had the pleasure of "serving" Henderson (and others circa 2004-6) in a McDonalds in Norwich.  Most of the players such as Iwan, Malky, Flem etc would chat and have a laugh, Henderson was often arrogant and treated my son and others as if they were beneath him.  So they were working in McDs and Henderson was a footballer, does that give anyone the right to be arrogant and treat another person with contempt? 

Now, Mr Henderson, my son has a bright future ahead of him in finance...what do you have?  As someone says, he will probably end up at King''s Lynn with Keith Webb.  Life does have a way of sorting things out, doesn''t it....

[/quote]

interesting to see it was the players the "wrong side" of 30 who knew how to act... Iwan and flemmo were great ambassadors off the field and always made time to chat to fans.. they should of clipped Hendos lug!

jas :)

[quote]My son had the pleasure of "serving" Henderson (and others circa

2004-6) in a McDonalds in Norwich.  Most of the players such as Iwan,

Malky, Flem etc would chat and have a laugh, Henderson was often

arrogant and treated my son and others as if they were beneath him.  So

they were working in McDs and Henderson was a footballer, does that

give anyone the right to be arrogant and treat another person with

contempt? [/quote]This begs the question - if Henderson had kept himself out of McDonalds'' and pubs, would he still have a contract with Norwich ?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

[/quote]

Spot on, Gazza..........

I really cannot see what good that kind of attitude can have. In Henderson we have a footballer who has achieved far more than most by breaking into the professional ranks and playing in the second tier of English football and then proceeds to screw it all up, mainly due to his poor attitude.

The same has been said of Danny Crow who has just been released by Peterborough United.

It''s perhaps a minor miracle that Craig Bellamy avoided the same fate, certainly not for his attitude but because he is a far more talented footballer than either Henderson or Crow. Even so, with all the success he''s enjoyed Bellamy still seems to be in permanent self-destruct mode with his regular training ground bust-ups and endless court appearances.

Perhaps a compulsory stint working in McDonalds is the answer ...........