Sign in to follow this  
mickfoot

takeover rumours

I hear local entrepreneur and convicted fraudster Barry (Chancer) Pickles is interested in buying the club with his new business partner, the phosphurus mining billionaire Zoltan Von Trump. Surely this is the way forward for our great club? Delia, Wynn-Jones and Doomcaster out now! What have they ever done other than save the club?

[quote user="mat denny"]I hear local entrepreneur and convicted fraudster Barry (Chancer) Pickles is interested in buying the club with his new business partner, the phosphurus mining billionaire Zoltan Von Trump. Surely this is the way forward for our great club? Delia, Wynn-Jones and Doomcaster out now! What have they ever done other than save the club?[/quote]

sorry to pee on ur bonfire but they didnt save the club... Watling did...

jas :)

Surely this rumour can''t be true.  Barry Pickles is far too clean to get involved with anything as murky as football.  Poor fellow would be eaten alive by most agents.

The people who want changes at the club get told they are "re-writing history for their own agenda" - so what do they call all this "Delia saved the club" bullsh*t that is constantly being bought up time after time on here?

Geoffrey Watling saved the club and is a true Norwich City legend - something Delia will never aspire to.

What actually happened was:-

''When the whole Chase collapse happened,'' she says, ''a board director called Martin Armstrong said if we could put half a million in each we could both have a seat on the board. We were desperate to watch a flourishing, brilliant football club and we felt we had an opportunity to do something about it. As supporters you feel so powerless and hopeless and we had the opportunity to do something about it. It was not a big decision.

''At first, it was really, really bleak. Obviously the supporters didn''t trust us and I know how they felt because they had been let down in the past. I''m distrustful myself of people who suddenly come into football. And it was exacerbated by the press.''

But what really saved the club was:-

"Probably the only reason that the club is still in existence is the fact that Mr Watling bought those shares and put up seven-figure guarantees at the bank," added Bennett, as Geoffrey Watling''s crucial purchase of Chase''s shareholding kept the wolves from the door. A club that, in the words of one senior official "had the income of a Southend and the expenditure of Real Madrid" had been saved. Just.

[quote user="7rew"]alex, don''t you mean attain rather than aspire to?
[/quote]

I don''t know what I mean anymore, I must have typed that same post so many bloody times!!

[;)]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="7rew"]alex, don''t you mean attain rather than aspire to?
[/quote]

I don''t know what I mean anymore, I must have typed that same post so many bloody times!!

[;)]

[/quote]

Mere words eh Alex.....but the sentiments as usual are spot on.

Come the revolution the fleecy liberals will naturally excite at what we have vociferously demanded from the club....and then claim it was really what they wanted all along.

That''s just what happens.