Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

players not honest???

caller to radio narrfolk, who claimed to have watched city home and away for years, reckons this bunch of city players arn''t honest - he said they don''t seem to give a monkey''s.  they''re probably on double the wages of colchester - wuss wrong with our boys???PG reckons city were awful, abysmal, embarrassing  - 2nd half.  midfield and defence not good enough - cureton says he didn''t expect city to make so many mistakes, and gift them some chances.  has fothers got a champs engine???  same old safs no show after intl duty - should he be made to choose between club and country???  hughes - commendable effort, but not a natural right back??? shacks - inconsistent??? laps - looks suspect under pressure at left back??? doc - lacks leadership qualities to bring the other boys up??? warner - can he inspire his defence when going gets tough???answer - new players required???

Regarding Safri, enough is enough.It''s club OR country, Im sorry Youssef, but EVERY time you play for Morrocco you either get injured and are out for numerous games or you simply don''t show up next match.It has to stop, WE pay your wages.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]caller to radio narrfolk, who claimed to have watched city home and away for years, reckons this bunch of city players arn''t honest - he said they don''t seem to give a monkey''s.  they''re probably on double the wages of colchester - wuss wrong with our boys???

PG reckons city were awful, abysmal, embarrassing  - 2nd half. 

midfield and defence not good enough - cureton says he didn''t expect city to make so many mistakes, and gift them some chances. 

has fothers got a champs engine???  same old safs no show after intl duty - should he be made to choose between club and country???  hughes - commendable effort, but not a natural right back??? shacks - inconsistent??? laps - looks suspect under pressure at left back??? doc - lacks leadership qualities to bring the other boys up??? warner - can he inspire his defence when going gets tough???

answer - new players required???

[/quote]

Undoubtedly LGT...

We need at least 5 or 6 quality signings to challenge for the play off''s in my opinion... our 1st team is not god enough and our squad is so lightweight it is untrue...

The thing is that we have a board of directors who are unwilling or unable to finance this, yet fans that are quite happy and content to put up with this kind of c**p and excuse, upon excuse, upon excuse year, after year, after year!!!

Honest? Who knows.

But some of them are not good enough. We are in the position that we deserve to be, too good to go down, not good enough to make a challenge.

A lot of people were getting excited after two decent wins but I am still of the same opinion as I was when others were saying we would be relegated. That is that we will finish 15th to 17th with a points total around the mid fifties.

A good clear out is needed in the summer.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]caller to radio narrfolk, who claimed to have watched city home and away for years, reckons this bunch of city players arn''t honest - he said they don''t seem to give a monkey''s.  they''re probably on double the wages of colchester - wuss wrong with our boys???PG reckons city were awful, abysmal, embarrassing  - 2nd half.  midfield and defence not good enough - cureton says he didn''t expect city to make so many mistakes, and gift them some chances.  has fothers got a champs engine???  same old safs no show after intl duty - should he be made to choose between club and country???  hughes - commendable effort, but not a natural right back??? shacks - inconsistent??? laps - looks suspect under pressure at left back??? doc - lacks leadership qualities to bring the other boys up??? warner - can he inspire his defence when going gets tough???answer - new players required???[/quote]

I absolutely guarantee you, LGT, that Peter Grant''s mind will be buzzing with these exact

questions through the night. His words about upsetting people by making

changes in the summer are interesting ... clearly he feels that some of

our players just simply are not good enough ... and I might just have

to agree.

OTBC

sure - grant must be disappointed with another lacklustre display - after cardiff he said new players were needed, and to be fair to them, we''ve rallied since.  however, with his clarion call of aiming to top a 8 game mini-league between now and the ned of the season, PG was in effect asking his players to prove they could show promotion winning form to provide a platform for next season, and to keep their interest going now we''ve gone past the 50 point mark. a poor, tired display, lacking in belief was a slap in the face to PG and the fans.  

- hull is next - fighting for their lives - can we match them??  can we beat ipswich at home??  expect the unexpected with this team, who knows, on their day they can beat the best, but also play like they don''t care the next. 

I don''t think you can expect Safri to pick between club and country. If playing internationals causes him to underperform for Norwich then the manager needs to make a decision. But if he still wants to represent his country then that''s up to him.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Honest? Who knows.

But some of them are not good enough. We are in the position that we deserve to be, too good to go down, not good enough to make a challenge.

A lot of people were getting excited after two decent wins but I am still of the same opinion as I was when others were saying we would be relegated. That is that we will finish 15th to 17th with a points total around the mid fifties.

A good clear out is needed in the summer.

[/quote]

Ricardiac, I concur wholeheartedly with your points........and may I add, that they are totally undeserving of the 23,000 loyal and tolerant support, that turn up week in and week out - to witness their inconsistent, abject, apathetic and abysmal attitude and performances. I don''t expect or demand a victory every game.......but, a bit of commitment, pride and fight for the cause - would soften the blow of any defeat.

A good Dyno-Rod enema, coupled with a jet-powered reverse flush of the present playing squad in the summer, is paramount. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

- hull is next - fighting for their lives - can we match them??  can we beat ipswich at home??  expect the unexpected with this team, who knows, on their day they can beat the best, but also play like they don''t care the next. 

[/quote]

dont want to put the cat among the pidgeons but if we lose to hull then that sets up a squeeky bum game against Yam Baggies... we could end up right back down there again

jas :)

At least having played over the last two weeks Safri had an excuse for being tired - what was the excude for the other 9 outfield players?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure - grant must be disappointed with another lacklustre display - after cardiff he said new players were needed, and to be fair to them, we''ve rallied since.  however, with his clarion call of aiming to top a 8 game mini-league between now and the ned of the season, PG was in effect asking his players to prove they could show promotion winning form to provide a platform for next season, and to keep their interest going now we''ve gone past the 50 point mark. a poor, tired display, lacking in belief was a slap in the face to PG and the fans.  

[/quote]i was impressed with PG''s mini league comments - after a few decent displays, i too was looking for signs we could show promotion form between now and the end of the season.  but as you say, another couple of defeats will drag us into the other direction - not exactly what we need to instill confidence for next season.