Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

help for an exile .....please

Hi everyone, well at least all the old codgers that have heard of me....I am now in the process of moving down to Portland in Dorset... all a bit of a whirlwind thing....and won''t be there full time until the summer but is anyone else down there within a drive or 50 miles or so...I will be living (yet again) in a football less region and with someone who supports another team.  Don''t worry, it''s not a scummer...

I have heard of the Hampshire Canaries, but can''t find the link for them, or any info...I don''t know if there are other groups nearby, ie the West Country or anyone in Gloucestershire...

Please help, the rest of my life is sorted, new home, new man, new job....but I will need the chance of seeing more green and yellow than just little old me will be wearing.... I will be raiding club shop before I go...flying the flag...

Once down there will have internet all the time so be able to take part in more debates...lucky old you lot...

cant help with any canary fans down there Gazza.. but at least you can treat plymouth as a "home" game when we play them next season! spare a thought for the hardy few from Norfolk making the journey!

jas :)

Hi Gazza, good luck with the move down south and get back debating as soon as possible.

We need you to sort out Cluck and Smudger! [:)]

Gazza and Captain Obvious, your best bets for other exiled supporters near where you live are :

South West Canaries : Contact Alan Mason on 01934 861296 or e-mail him on '' Alan_Mason@moet.co.uk ''.

Hampshire Canaries : Contact Jack Frost ( honestly ) on 07919 354534 or e-mail him on '' jackncfcfrost@hotmail.com ''

These are two of the 21 exile groups listed in each home programme but only SW Canaries seem to be listed on the official NCFC website.

Good luck.....

Hey, i live in Reading and i hadnt even heard of the Hampshire canaries, if anyone does know anything about them would be nice to find out, do sometimes feel very exiled here!  Made myself all sad the other day when i realised i''ll probably never live in Norwich again now [:(]As im a member i do drive back for some games, but only a few each season, but anyway let me know if you think i might be able to help at anypoint.Hope you enjoy living in beautiful Devon despite being away from the canaries

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Hampshire Canaries : Contact Jack Frost ( honestly )

[/quote]

At Denton C I D id expect! Trusty David Jason!

jas :)

Welcome to the desert Gazza. I have a house a few miles North of Portland and it is pretty much a sea of Man. Utd. shirts.....probably due to no football tradition in the county...other than Weymouth back in the 1950''s.

Happily for you though I am selling everything up here and moving back home to Norfolk come June/July....which will please a great many on here I''m sure.  These modern day namby pambies need a bit of toughening up it seems...and in the absence of National Service it looks like I will have my work cut out. Fortunately though I hope to have Sergeant Major Smudger there to lend a hand....so all is not lost!       [:)]

Good luck to you on Portland though. Everyone there is related to one another....which is nice.      [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Hi Gazza, good luck with the move down south and get back debating as soon as possible.

[/quote]

oooh er missus... spank us, spank us!!!

[quote user="Cluck "]

Welcome to the desert Gazza. I have a house a few miles North of Portland and it is pretty much a sea of Man. Utd. shirts.....probably due to no football tradition in the county...other than Weymouth back in the 1950''s.

Happily for you though I am selling everything up here and moving back home to Norfolk come June/July....which will please a great many on here I''m sure.  These modern day namby pambies need a bit of toughening up it seems...and in the absence of National Service it looks like I will have my work cut out. Fortunately though I hope to have Sergeant Major Smudger there to lend a hand....so all is not lost!       [:)]

Good luck to you on Portland though. Everyone there is related to one another....which is nice.      [;)]

[/quote]

Something they have in common with Naarfalk then????

The life of an exile can be a lonely one, Gazza. I have met City fans where I live, Perth in Western Australia, but they are more fans because they come from Norfolk rather than the type to sit up until 2am listening to a game on Canary''s World (thats me I''m afraid). The only Norwich game televised over here so far has been the defeat to Ipswich. Meanwhile my girl supports Birmingham who seem to be on every week. I love it out here, just wish I could be back for Saturday afternoons...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Hi everyone, well at least all the old codgers that have heard of me....I am now in the process of moving down to Portland in Dorset... all a bit of a whirlwind thing....and won''t be there full time until the summer but is anyone else down there within a drive or 50 miles or so...I will be living (yet again) in a football less region and with someone who supports another team.  Don''t worry, it''s not a scummer...

I have heard of the Hampshire Canaries, but can''t find the link for them, or any info...I don''t know if there are other groups nearby, ie the West Country or anyone in Gloucestershire...

Please help, the rest of my life is sorted, new home, new man, new job....but I will need the chance of seeing more green and yellow than just little old me will be wearing.... I will be raiding club shop before I go...flying the flag...

Once down there will have internet all the time so be able to take part in more debates...lucky old you lot...

[/quote]

It''s lovely down there, had a holiday near Weymouth a few years ago. Went and saw that ''Giant'' naked chap, carved out on a Dorset hillside - who looks a bit like a tripod....''ahem''.

I had to put my protective hands over the kids eyes, but the missus swiped my binoculars for a better assessment. Best of luck with your move and new life in Dorset Gazza.......  

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Gazza and Captain Obvious, your best bets for other exiled supporters near where you live are :

South West Canaries : Contact Alan Mason on 01934 861296 or e-mail him on '' Alan_Mason@moet.co.uk ''.

Hampshire Canaries : Contact Jack Frost ( honestly ) on 07919 354534 or e-mail him on '' jackncfcfrost@hotmail.com ''

These are two of the 21 exile groups listed in each home programme but only SW Canaries seem to be listed on the official NCFC website.

Good luck.....

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, will get in touch with them in due course.....I will be living with a Shrewsbury fan, he works for Man U, but hates them....lol, if I see a Man U shirt I will ask if they have ever been there....

Once again, thanks for the info...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Hi City Angel.... I will of course be getting back on here full time (when I have internet access again full time), probably at the start of next season....It will be a big wrench to leave Norwich, but I will of course be back a few times to see some games, but probably not too many, therefore I have passed my season ticket on to my daughter, so you might see her around FCR occasionally....

When it came to making a decision I had the opportunity to live there and have a dream job... I will still have a house in Norwich, so will still keep my links with the greatest city in the world...

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

As I have only drifted on here a few times over the past six months, I have no idea what you and Smudger have done, Cluck...I know all about Portland, will only be living there for a few months but will be looking for a nice house somewhere close....What is your house like and how much?  Maybe we could do a deal?  I will be working from Portland but spending a lot of time at Wembley (lucky me) and Old Trafford....so will still get to breath in the toxic air of big cities....lol

I have also heard the rumours of the in breeding, but come on, most of Norfolk ain''t that different, I will take pride in wearing my Norwich shirts etc all the time to re educate them all....

Enjoy your time back in Norfolk...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Hi City Angel.... I will of course be getting back on here full time (when I have internet access again full time), probably at the start of next season....It will be a big wrench to leave Norwich, but I will of course be back a few times to see some games, but probably not too many, therefore I have passed my season ticket on to my daughter, so you might see her around FCR occasionally....

When it came to making a decision I had the opportunity to live there and have a dream job... I will still have a house in Norwich, so will still keep my links with the greatest city in the world...

[/quote]

Must be a special man to drag you away from Norwich Gazza [:D] Will be glad to have you back on here!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

As I have only drifted on here a few times over the past six months, I have no idea what you and Smudger have done, Cluck...I know all about Portland, will only be living there for a few months but will be looking for a nice house somewhere close....What is your house like and how much?  Maybe we could do a deal?  I will be working from Portland but spending a lot of time at Wembley (lucky me) and Old Trafford....so will still get to breath in the toxic air of big cities....lol

I have also heard the rumours of the in breeding, but come on, most of Norfolk ain''t that different, I will take pride in wearing my Norwich shirts etc all the time to re educate them all....

Enjoy your time back in Norfolk...

[/quote]

If you see a tall lad in Weymouth with "Henry 14" on the back of his Norwich shirt....he''s my older son.  If you see another smaller one in the away kit....tell him his dinner was ready an hour ago!

I suggest you avoid the "Cerne Giant" as pointed out by mello.  My old mother slipped over on that some years ago and ended up pregnant with me.  It''s no laughing matter having him as a father I can tell you!     [;)]