Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Obligatory Damien Francis Thread

It''s surprised me that no one has started this thread yet, so thought I''d get there first...Given that Francis is suddenly in a rich vein of form for Watford (but is unable to save them from the drop) it will be interesting to see what happens in the close season.Is he simply trying his best and giving his all to the cause, or is it a case of him putting himself in the shop window ready for a third move in as many seasons?If it goes down to the wire again, will we see Damien simply not turn up, like he did against Fulham?Will Damien''s form attract interest this early and, if so, will it mean he loses the drive to play well, as seemed to happen for us?These questions, and many more, answered only in May (probably...)

I''m sure he will need his annual signing on fee to buy more houses in Florida... along with his Escalades and Porsches... ;-)

Call me naieve, but I think he''s just trying his hardest for Adie Boothroyd, who could have let him rot at Wigan saw his potential.I never learn do I.

He''s very much on my mind at the moment and i''m not happy. I selected him for my fantasy team at the start of the season and he started off on fire, just as he did with wigan the season before. Then he went completely awol as only we (and now wigan fans i suppose) know he can and was in and out of the team. So i shipped him out of my fantasy team. And now he''s scoring again. Grrrr. It''s easy to be cyncial and see a link between the close season and this rich vein of form. If you ask me, he''ll do what he always does and get a move to a new/recently promoted club. Roy Keane might fancy him, although he''ll probably be able to attract better. Steve Bruce perhaps? Colin at Sheff U might like him. Either way i''m sure he won''t be turning out for Watford next season.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I would love to see him back in the Championship with Rob Green and Andy Marshall. Those players who just thought they were so good.......![/quote]

I really don''t think Green deserves to be lumped in with Damien "I don''t want to play for you anymore" Francis and Andy "I''m going to b*gger off to the binners on a free" Marshall. Green stuck with us to the detriment of his own career last season and we got a decent fee for him - bear in mind we should hopefully be able to sign a Camp or Marshall for less than half the £2M that East Bacon paid for him.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I would love to see him back in the Championship with Rob Green and Andy Marshall. Those players who just thought they were so good.......![/quote]

Greeny never thought he was too good. He had been at the Club for years and, naturally, wanted to further his career after being selected for England on numerous occasions. He won''t be staying in the Champs if West Sham go down.

I can''t understand the people that constantly knock Rob Green. Must be the ''village menatlity''...... Wink [;)]

Damien Francis never said he didnt want to play for us anymore.. his agent said it.. Remember Hucks agent said he wouldn''t ever sign for us and he did...

Dean Ashton on the other hand said he would leave.. and is seen as the messiah.. yet Francis (who was forced out by certain sections of "supporters" I maintain) kept a public vow of silence.

so why does he get all the falck could someone tell me?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Damien Francis never said he didnt want to play for us anymore.. his agent said it.. Remember Hucks agent said he wouldn''t ever sign for us and he did...

Dean Ashton on the other hand said he would leave.. and is seen as the messiah.. yet Francis (who was forced out by certain sections of "supporters" I maintain) kept a public vow of silence.

so why does he get all the falck could someone tell me?

jas :)

[/quote]

Because when we got relegated we needed a scapegoat, and after his no-show at the 6-0 drumming by Fulham he got it all...

I had mixed emotions about Damo at the time - he''d been close for our Player of the Season on his performances first half of the season, but it seemed to me that he lost interest in all things NCFC... the reason Ashton is considered a God whilst Damo isn''t is almost purely down to the fact that Deano actually turned up for the relegation fight and kick-started a mini-comeback... whilst Francis bobbled about the pitch doing just enough to ensure that someone noticed his talents...Mind, I remember during the height of the whole furore pre-season that Damo got a good reception at the Inter game and put in a good performance (it''s hard to remember, I was mightily bladdered by kick-off!)... I don''t like booing players, but didn''t want to really give him a great reception so I think I just settled for something between the two and sounded like a cat being murdered...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I had mixed emotions about Damo at the time - he''d been close for our Player of the Season on his performances first half of the season, but it seemed to me that he lost interest in all things NCFC... the reason Ashton is considered a God whilst Damo isn''t is almost purely down to the fact that Deano actually turned up for the relegation fight and kick-started a mini-comeback... whilst Francis bobbled about the pitch doing just enough to ensure that someone noticed his talents...

Mind, I remember during the height of the whole furore pre-season that Damo got a good reception at the Inter game and put in a good performance (it''s hard to remember, I was mightily bladdered by kick-off!)... I don''t like booing players, but didn''t want to really give him a great reception so I think I just settled for something between the two and sounded like a cat being murdered...
[/quote]

a cat being murdered? thats just you singing on the ball city jas... ;-)

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I really don''t think Green deserves to be lumped in with Damien "I don''t want to play for you anymore" Francis and Andy "I''m going to b*gger off to the binners on a free" Marshall. Green stuck with us to the detriment of his own career last season and we got a decent fee for him - bear in mind we should hopefully be able to sign a Camp or Marshall for less than half the £2M that East Bacon paid for him.

[/quote]

Agree 100% Greeno was a legend for us and i for one didn''t begrudge him his premiership move.

Left us because he wanted to stay in the prem so went to the mighty wigan after nobody else wanted him Then swallowed even more pride and went to watford who are no bigger than us even if they are a premiership team. He wasnt the only one who didnt turn up at fulham. We were missing 11 players, 5 subs and a coaching staff.