Sign in to follow this  
bishgatedave

Bloody Childish

Turned 30 last week. Top of the list was this season''s shirt, (I had not managed to upgrade!) with my name on the back and number 13!! was told it was immature. Any thoughts? Am I in need of a good dose of George''s Marvellous Medicine? Or should I be allowed to remain as I am? A FAN (Who wants everyone to know, which seems more important when you no longer live in Norwich...)!!! 

Got the shirt by the way. Am I getting bigger or is medium not what it used to be?......

Mate, ignore. I turned 30 last year and although the shirt that i was given didn''t have my name on the back, there''s no reason why you shouldn''t stick it on if you want to. I too was a bit miffed to have to excahnge it for a large! And i was the one that was always referred to as a lanky streak of p*** at school and uni and i haven''t put on any weight since. Well, maybe a few pounds! But if you''re anything more than about 5''10 or 11 stone, only a large will do it seems!

definatly not childish,just wearing your heart on your sleeve or back should we say,as for the sizing ridiculous,last years i was an xl but this year xxxl,thought i must of put on but my old ones still fit

Hate to say  it mate, you''re getting bigger, don''t worry it comes with age. i vaguely remember the days of medium, i''m now in the xl period, and the only way is up. not to worry, the important thing is that you still wear the correct colours, OTBC

[quote user="bishgatedave"]

Turned 30 last week. Top of the list was this season''s shirt, (I had not managed to upgrade!) with my name on the back and number 13!! was told it was immature. Any thoughts? Am I in need of a good dose of George''s Marvellous Medicine? Or should I be allowed to remain as I am? A FAN (Who wants everyone to know, which seems more important when you no longer live in Norwich...)!!! 

[/quote]

I always have my surname and the number ''77 - the year I was born. A vintage year! ;)

Having said that, I''ll probably go for "Huckerby" next time, but only cos he is the best!  

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="bishgatedave"]

[/quote]

I always have my surname and the number ''77 - the year I was born. A vintage year! ;)

Having said that, I''ll probably go for "Huckerby" next time, but only cos he is the best!  

[/quote]

I have just bought my Dad a shirt with his name and the number 77........for his 77th birthday.  I think that you are both safe.

You know it''s all going downhill, when you wash your barnet - and a porcupine of follicles is starin'' up at you - wedged in the plughole.

You don''t get a bigger girth when you age, your blood temperature rises by 10% and the body thermally expands.

Over 40? The reason your weight gain is evident on the ''scales of injustice'' - is that digestion of food takes 25% longer to pass through your system, therefore - you''re still processing Tuesdays full English brekkie, elevenses of 3 chocolate eclairs, a four course lunch washed down with 5 pints, a mid-afternoon snack of mars bar x2, kit-kat x3 and a packet of Dorito''s. Then, a high- tea consisting of a large cod and chips, mushy peas etc, with a large bowl of profiteroles and cream, and late evening, a snack of a supper consisting of a Chinese takeaway washed down with a diet coke after a gallon of ale down the local. Much the same for Wednesday, Thursday etc............So basically, ignore the excess tonnage that you weigh, it''s just the convoy of body waste slowly negotiating the alimentary canal - and is most certainly not a true reflection of what is indicated on the ''dial of deception'' which is so incorrectly displaying your untrue ballast. 

It''s all true y''know

XXXL means you''re not fat, just big-boned.

Image is everything........invest in a Fairground hall of mirrors!

Bald is beautiful! But hasn''t Britney got big ears!

I upgrade my shirt every time. Last year my daughter brought it me for my 50th birthday. It''s got "DAD 50" on the back!

Bloody second childhood! [;)]