Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

We are the lowest ranked club left in the competition...

We are in a no lose situation. That doesnt happen with City very often.

Enjoy................................

It was us Blackpool or Bristol City who were going to have that "honour". So it''s interesting that although the FA''s stated objective is to use the FA Cup to redistribute funds throughout the game neither of us was selected for a live game. There are 10 premiership clubs and 6 championship clubs playing this weekend but of the 8 teams to share the £2,120,000 Live Broadcast Fund only 1 (Preston) is from outside the Premier League.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Totally different sort of pressure to the last two cup games, I could see how Tamworth and Blackpool fans were enjoying the occasion more than we were. Gutted its not on telly though. OTBC! 

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Just more evidence of the ''Little-Norwich'' mind-set I''m afraid...

...[they hear a whisper... [:-*] ]  ...What do you mean it''s a fact?...  [;)]

[/quote]

Its nothing to do with club size. Its to do with league positions.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Just more evidence of the ''Little-Norwich'' mind-set I''m afraid...

...[they hear a whisper... [:-*] ]  ...What do you mean it''s a fact?...  [;)]

[/quote]

Its nothing to do with club size. Its to do with league positions.

[/quote]

Sorry Kathy, I hope nothing got lost in translation. It was just a joke... [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It was us Blackpool or Bristol City who were going to have that "honour". So it''s interesting that although the FA''s stated objective is to use the FA Cup to redistribute funds throughout the game neither of us was selected for a live game. There are 10 premiership clubs and 6 championship clubs playing this weekend but of the 8 teams to share the £2,120,000 Live Broadcast Fund only 1 (Preston) is from outside the Premier League.

[/quote]

Good point well made. Yes, so much for the "romance" of the FA Cup. Both Saturday''s games are all premiership matches and the sort of matches that are served up on Sky weekend after weekend. Arsenal V Blackburn seems to me to be a poor and uninspiring choice and not one that will fire up the imagination of any neutral supporters. And, it''s not as though Arsenal are rarely on TV, their matches always seem to be "Live On Sky".

Lets hope for a miracle - they do happen, on the most recent evidence, i at least beleive we will show some committment and pride, something which has been absent for 2 years. Its a very long shot, but a positive result could transform the club - this game is bigger for us than it is for Chelsea, financially and in the way the club is percieved, and also in terms of confidence and momentum, it would be a real shot in the arm. Thats why im hoping against hope for a draw tomorrow, i darent even hope for a win. Lets get some pride back as a club. PLEASE.

arsenal hav had a match shown live on the bbc in every round of th fa cup this year. first off all against liverpool, then again in the replay against bolton and then again today against blackpool. why dont they show other teams other than just arsenal.

And it''s not as if SKY can''t show Fulham and Spurs any other time through the season....It really gets up my nose when I pay good money for sky, and they go and show two premiership sides in the FA.CUP. They know it would be Premiership sides in the final aswell. But saying that would chelsea had decline sky''s offer if they wanted to screen it? With them playing in the champions league next tuesday?