Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Would you accept relegation if it meant getting rid of Delia?

Right, I''m not going to tell anyone what a terrible supporter it would make them if they say yes but I''m intruiged as to how many people would actually want this.

I''ve seen suggestions on here about boycotting the Wolves game and staging protests which will obviously have an effect on what is already, let''s be honest, a piss poor atmosphere inside the ground at present. This will certainly not help to improve our players performance, although some of them seem beyond help to be honest, so surely this will increase the prospect of relegation.

Being the glass half full kind of guy that I am, I''ll obviously be going for survival and a renewed assault on promotion next year when PG has had more of a chance to clear out more of the deadwood.

What say the rest of you?

Yes I would definetely take relegation with serious new investment and an all out assault on promotion from Div 1 next year followed by a concerted effort for promotion to the Premiership the following season...

The current board should be doing all that they can to bring in a new investor that has the money to buy out Delia and seriously invest in team strengthening.  It is obvious to anybody that can think for themselves however that Delia''s comments made at the AGM Thurs evening are nothing but a charade... a smokescreen to see if she can keep the fans off her back until the end of the season.

In my opinion Delia has no intentions of selling up!!!

Tricky one isn''t it ?

I remember thinking when '' The Great Dictator '' Chase was holed up in his Carrow Road bunker as everything imploded around him that I''d settle for relegation and a swift return if it meant ridding the club of the man. We now have a much more '' touchy-feely '' dictator to which I don''t have the same animosity towards, but, that aside, it could be a slippery slope to years of oblivion should we head south from this division.

Football clubs have an uncanny knack of surviving all manner of crises, to once again posper, then finding the whole ghastly cycle repeating itself a few years ( and tears ) down the line. Clubs are resilient, if nothing else, but, on balance I''m siding with Shack Attack on this one. 

Sorry Smudger

Delia has said time and time again that if the right offer came in they would sell up. 

The only thing I disagree with is the - ''jobs for friends'' that patently goes on at our club.  Nigel Worthington proved that if you mix personal friendships with working relationships in professional sport it can become deadly for the club involved. And it is exactly how the inept Peter '' big mouth'' Grant got the job.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Delia has said time and time again that if the right offer came in they would sell up. 

The only thing I disagree with is the - ''jobs for friends'' that patently goes on at our club.  Nigel Worthington proved that if you mix personal friendships with working relationships in professional sport it can become deadly for the club involved. And it is exactly how the inept Peter '' big mouth'' Grant got the job.

[/quote]

Exactly CJF, it is these 6 words that I have a problem with...  yet more PR spin I''m afraid!!!

How could the £20million plus that Souness is looking to invest in a club be any worse than what is going on at NCFC right now?

It is estimated that it would cost about £8million to buy a controlling share in the club...  that would mean that Souness would have £12million minimum to invest in team strengthening (without taking in to account the additional finances he said that he would have to invest in Wolves playing squad if they accepted his £20million bid).

Please don''t counteract this by saying that Souness was a c**p manager....  He was also a great player... That doesn''t mean that he is going to feel inclined to pull on a yellow & green shirt if we are in trouble, does it???

No way - not in a million years! I would never want to see us get relegated for any reason. Anyway getting relegated would mean potential investors are much less like to be interested in pumping money into the club.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Of course she has said that, and not just this week but she has always said it. The Board also do have a responsibility to ensure that any investment is right for this club.

"Jobs for friends and family" is nothing new! I offer you Kevin Bond and Kenny Brown! Although unless people who I have enormous respect for turn out to be liars Peter Grant was selected because he was the best candidate for the job.

No way I would ever accept that. What do you want from a shareholder that she hasn''t done anyway?

Where did this innate idea come from? What a poignant idea. I can understand where you are coming from with the idea but I would on NO accounts, like to see the football team I love in League 1. However yes, I think it is time for Delia to leave. I think she is realising that now also. Why else would she say that she is ready to give up her sugar mummy status. I am looking forward to seeing how things progress on this matter. It would be enormous for the club to have an investor. I would be interested to see with money available how many of the players in the current squad are axed and who would be stay. I am under the impression that there is alot of inadequacy and dross in the team at the moment. I think Peter Grant deserves a good shot at this job and in an ideal world an investor would be the perfect scenario for him to have just that !

Juninho Stegglinho

No way.

League One would be an unmitigated financial disaster, which might well take years to recover from...