Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Chris Martin

On the bench, 3-1 down in dire need of a goal, what does Grant do - brings on Carl Robinson.

What the **** is going on at our club??  Grant is not good enough.  Full Stop. If you are reading this Doncaster - What the hell were you thinking in hiring a man with no experience and not a big name in football whom could attract players??

A club whose destination at the moment is League 1.

Yes it doesn''t make sense. I was pleased to see him on the bench but it means nothing if he isn''t used. In fact it will do no good to his confidence if he isn''t used when we are losing 3-1!! I''m sure Grant will come out with some excuse about wanting to blood him at the right time and protect him etc etc!

Some people around me were moaning about not bringing him on but I think Grant did the right thing in not. Its hardly the sort of atmosphere you want to blood a kid in, is it????

i think you''re dead right in that we will no longer be able to attract any decent players anymore.  i should think dublin is wonderering what the hell hes let himself into. grant is NOT good enough can not say the right thing has the wrong attitude and we do not have time to get rid of his tactical naivety.  by the time he has learnt by his mistakes we willbe well and truly ensconsed in league one!

I don''t think he deserved a booing off like the rest of the dross.....so from that angle he was spared at least.........

I''m not sure - yes it wasn''t the best atmosphere maybe but when you''re 3-1 down at least there''s no real pressure. Playing in games is the only way to make him a better player - he is 18 and should have been given a try in my opinion!

[quote user="Mortin"]Some people around me were moaning about not bringing him on but I think Grant did the right thing in not. Its hardly the sort of atmosphere you want to blood a kid in, is it????
[/quote]

WHEN IS THE RIGHT BLOODY ATMOSPHERE - IF THE KID CAN PLAY HE WILL PLAY AND THRIVE.  ADD A BRIGHT SPARK TO A DAY WHICH HAD NONE.  NO BLOODY POSITIVES TODAY, NOT ONE ZERO, ZILCH, **** ALL

THIS EXCUSE HAS BEEN USED FOR 3 YEARS.  GIVE THE BOY A FLIPPIN CHANCE - HE MIGHT SURPRISE US ALL..............

wrong atmosphere - what a load of old bull - Spillane did well last year when played.

IT WOULD HAVE LIFTED THE CROWD TOO - WE ALL HEARD THE MURMERINGS WHEN ROBINSON WAS ABOUT TO COME ON.

PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL PLEASED TO SEE MARTIN. your excuse holds no mustard.  as for henderson - well I wasnt advocating bringing him on at right wing like the last **** of a manager did...

I agree. I thought we might have risked it at 2-1 down and when Shackell got a slight bang and limped for a couple of minutes I thought that Dion was going to go at the back and Martin come on up front, but once the third went in, the atmosphere dropped and it wasn''t the right time to play the kid. The players were frustrated with the result and each other (Shackell and Drury were bellowing at each other after the third goal), and it''s not right to bring a kid in to that.

He''s never played before for us. it''s far better to bring him on at 2-0 up then at 3-1 down when things will be expected of him. It''s the same as Lewis, throwing them straight in at the deep end runs the risk of runing a career. at this stage it isn''t worth it  

He is a forward, and at 3-1 down with 20 mins to go grant should in my opinion put him on and took off a defender. would it have mattered if we let another couple of goals, we needed to go for broke. i''m starting to wonder if grant is out of his depth

Some people around me were moaning about not bringing him on but I think Grant did the right thing in not. Its hardly the sort of atmosphere you want to blood a kid in, is it????
Then why pick him as a sub M@rtin? If he''s good enough to be sitting on the bench he''s good enough to come on-especialy when we are 3-1 down-despite the atmosphere.

Quite correct.Anyone who knows football knows that you dont bring a kid on for his debut when the team are playing badly and 3-1 down. You blood him when the team is winning and on top.

winning and on top.... well I guess thats why Jarvis has nevber got s chance...  We had lost this game - martin could have given us a chance - robinson gave us * ALL......../

When are our youngfsters gonna play......   MARTIN WOULD HAVE LOVED 20 MINUTES TODAY  score or not - get him on the pitch...

he would show more effort than Thorne or bloody Eboohoo

Well Chunk, He was  picked as a sub proably with the intention of briging him on but Grant probably didnt expect us to be 3-1 down and the crowd singing what a load of rubbish (before the final whistle). So yes, he was good enough for the bench but I still dont think he should have been brought on and been  part of the '' what a load of rubbish'' chant. I dread to think what Chris Brown was thinking when he was coming on. You blood kids when you are winning!!!! Its a very simple rule to understand.

for the first time for many years i left early.

why ? not because we were 3-1 down. but because we were 3-1 down, with a young striker on the bench we all want to see play, and what do grant do.

bring on *ing carl robinson. unbelievable.

martin said:  You blood kids when you are winning!!!! Its a very simple rule to understand.

well I guess thats why none of our kids ever get much of a shot then...

If he werent coming on at 3-1 down and desperate for a goal.  Then as a striker he may as well have not been on the bench. Jarvis has sat on the bench and not played innumerable times this last 2 disastrous seasons - martin it appears will do the same now.

M@rtin I appreciate you effort to protect him but he is a pro footballer whose job, if fit, is to play football, never mind the occasion or the crowd Simple really.

I''d dispute the fact that he is a pro footballer and should be able to play in any circumstances. He is a young kid with zero experience of playing under such immense pressure.

And today he still has zero experience of playing under that pressure, or any pressure, or anything at all.

And we lost, The substitution of Robinson failed to do anything of note apart from further anger sections of the crowd RATHER THAN LIFT THE CROWD LIKE MARTIN WOULD HAVE DONE.

You could see what he was trying to do when he brought Robinson on - we went 3 at the back - so it was an aggressive move;  however I cant say that the players seemed to know whether we were to go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2;  but it was an attempt to change things and not expose Martin to the already lost atmosphere...