Sign in to follow this  
Holtys revenge

BOYCOTT THE WOLVES MATCH

as long the likes of us as supporters are daft enough to turn up week in week out to watch this sorry bunch I don''t think we will see much change.

Why not organise a boycott of the next home game against Wolves. The thought of this preening bunch of idle overpaid overweight unfit useless fat gormless wasters posing as a football team taking the pitch in front of an empty stadium with a ripple of applause as half hearted as the show the "team" put up today was might awaken Delia (if she bothers to attend these days) and the rest of the board, as well as this tenth-rate team manager to the fact that NCFC''s loyal, dedicated supporters who follow this shambles across the length and breadth of the country  are SICK AND TIRED of what we are seeing. Stay in on Jan 30 and watch Eastenders instead, its more entertaining and certainly more uplifting! And I really hate Eastenders.....

The next home game (Wolves) must be boycotted...........totally! Laugh if you like, but until this happens, the same results will just keep happening.

This team, manager and board are not worthy of us.

BOYCOTT THEM NOW.

[quote user="the armester"]

as long the likes of us as supporters are daft enough to turn up week in week out to watch this sorry bunch I don''t think we will see much change.

Why not organise a boycott of the next home game against Wolves. The thought of this preening bunch of idle overpaid overweight unfit useless fat gormless wasters posing as a football team taking the pitch in front of an empty stadium with a ripple of applause as half hearted as the show the "team" put up today was might awaken Delia (if she bothers to attend these days) and the rest of the board, as well as this tenth-rate team manager to the fact that NCFC''s loyal, dedicated supporters who follow this shambles across the length and breadth of the country  are SICK AND TIRED of what we are seeing. Stay in on Jan 30 and watch Eastenders instead, its more entertaining and certainly more uplifting! And I really hate Eastenders.....

[/quote]

With so many squeaky "family groups" out for the afternoon, the dynamics have changed. No more the grass roots supporters who would let the club know when they are disenchanted....instead we have too many leather gloved happy clappies content to enjoy the "pretty yellow shirts" running around. Times have changed at Carrow Road....and not for the best.........

better still wait in the car park after the game and let the players know how much we appreciate their commitment, professionalism and loyalty!!!!!!

Getting in their big flash cars with their personalised plates and flash suits without a care in the world knowing all our money is going straight in their big fat bank accounts!!

Robbers, fraudsters and con artists is all they are!

no one boycotted when chase was here... they went to the games and made their feelings known.. THAT is the only way to do it!

Had we of boycotted under Worthless all they would of done was sold the seats on and made the money through more mugs..

Boycotting doesnt work as the club lose no money at all

jas :)

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="the armester"]

[/quote]

With so many squeaky "family groups" out for the afternoon, the dynamics have changed. No more the grass roots supporters who would let the club know when they are disenchanted....instead we have too many leather gloved happy clappies content to enjoy the "pretty yellow shirts" running around. Times have changed at Carrow Road....and not for the best.........

[/quote]

What do you mean..."squeaky family groups" Cluck! ...suddenly you''re not a real supporter unless you are in the 18 to 30, singleton, foul mouthing, half p#ssed contingent of the crowd.

A word of support for the "family groups"...I''ve done my time following City home and away through the 70''s and 80''s and what we have today is far better. I and thousands of other fathers along with our partners, are now bringing our kids to the ''beautiful game'' (home and away) for better or worse, cos that''s the way it has always been and always will be, and ensuring that there is another generation who have the passion to support our club.

''Squeaky''...you wanna hear the passion and the noise that comes out of my 11 year old...and you try dealing with his disappointment when we lose yet another game...

"grass roots supporters"...who do you think you are?

It''s a nice idea guys but it wont work. to work you have to get 15000+ to do it. That will not happen. If you want to do something what about doing what i have heard people doing on the contient and leaving messages under the windscreen wipers of players cars such as ''do u think you earned your salary today''?Its like the AGM... big loud statments from the same old few, who in reality just conform and turn up like everyone else. Espeically Re: the agm, dont ask others to do it. If you''ve got a point go and make it yourself

We tried this in the Worthy out days. There''s just too much indifference to get enough people to do this to have any kind of impact.

Something needs to be done, but unfortunately this won''t work.

so are we going to make the boycott happen?

Tell your friends, the pub, colleagues - everyone what its all about.

I''m sure that a crowd of say 10-12 000 for the Wolves match would bring the message home quicker than all our ranting on here!!!

Web -team: what about a bit of coverage?!

It''s up to you to organise anything - you could get your intentions to the wider world by writing to eveningnewsletters@archant.co.uk, EDPLetters@archant.co.uk and Richard Willner (Archant Norfolk head of sport), David Cuffley (Evening News) and Chris Lakey (EDP) - firstname.lastname@archant.co.uk

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no one boycotted when chase was here... they went to the games and made their feelings known.. THAT is the only way to do it!

Had we of boycotted under Worthless all they would of done was sold the seats on and made the money through more mugs..

Boycotting doesnt work as the club lose no money at all

[/quote]

I agree Jas.  Imo if supporters start to boycott matches it will make it even easier for the Board to ignore our views.  I think it will be much more effective and harder for the Board to ignore supporters protests before and after matches.

[quote user="the armester"]

so are we going to make the boycott happen?

Tell your friends, the pub, colleagues - everyone what its all about.

I''m sure that a crowd of say 10-12 000 for the Wolves match would bring the message home quicker than all our ranting on here!!!

Web -team: what about a bit of coverage?!

[/quote]

it wont make 1 jot of Differnce.. the club already have our money. they will sit and laugh at the empty seats as they count all the pennies we spent on season tickets last season... the best thing to go is go to the game (as u have paid the money and dont want to lose it) and Chant Sack the board, smith out, or whatever before at half time and after the game.. get behind the lads during th ematch though!

Sorry, Jas, but I have to beg to differ here.  After Martin O''Neill left, I boycotted all home games until Chase was gone.  As did a number of others, not thousands mind, but I myself could not bring myself to enter the ground until the man responsible for our demise was gone.  Whether boycotting works or not I couldn''t say, it all depends on a number of factors.  At that time there was a sustained campaign to get Chase out, which went on for a long time.  Although we are in a mess (and I am trying to make this as polite as I can), it hasn''t reached the Chase levels - yet.

And what would a boycott achieve?  As most of us are season ticket holders the club will not lose money that way.  Food, drink, programmes and other sales might suffer though but what sort of impact would that have?  If the players cannot show passion in front of a full house how will this gee them up?  You want the manager out, more money spent on players and the board replaced but denying support means they have less money to do this.  Boycotts didn''t work with Chase, haven''t worked at any other club I am aware of and seem to be self destructive.

If I am to support a Grant/Board Out campaign I need to know how much this will cost, names that are willing to take over and at what cost, and how they will guarantee success.  Likewise the board, names please with an indication of how much they will invest in the infrastructure, transfer fees and wages.  As for player to be bought with this investment who are they, how much will they cost, are they willing and how will they definately improve the team?

Anyone can criticise and at the moment no-one can be satisfied with performances but change for change''s sake is as dangerous as inaction.  Destruction is easy but without definate plans for rebuilding is useless.  And for those asking for the board to put more of their money into the club, how much will you pledge yourselves?  I am not being negative, I want hard facts and promises, not rants!

OTBC Forever

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="the armester"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Dont tar all ''family groups'' with the same brush. If you heard the language from my family group this afternoon, and saw the shattered looks on their faces, you wouldnt be so quick to deride or undervalue their support. OK, my kids are older now, but my youngest saw his first City match at 4 years old and is a fanatical City supporter. As are all my family. No prawn sandwiches for us today. Unlike the poncy hangers on that infiltrate the board room. Just like the Chase flights to Milan and Munich, where will those prats be when Port Vale come to call next season? Some sort of demo is certainly needed though. Personally I cant bring myself to sing ''On the Ball City'' until the club is purged of all the garbage clinging to it. Perhaps we should boycott the song, as the current board, management and playing staff are not fit to hear it.   

[quote user="Road 2 Rouen"]

What do you mean..."squeaky family groups" Cluck! ...suddenly you''re not a real supporter unless you are in the 18 to 30, singleton, foul mouthing, half p#ssed contingent of the crowd.

[/quote]

got one of those types 2 rows in front of me in the upper river, he swears and hand signs to everything including the lads missing the crossbar  during the halftime competition, then during play, watching his phone and not the game and then randomly goes mad, i think as he gets another teams score updates then goes mental showing his mate the phone, then when we do anything good he just swears, the parents around him hold their hands over the kids ears everytime he gets excitied.

hes also a fat skin head in a matrix style leather jacket

[quote user="Road 2 Rouen"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="the armester"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A word of support for the "family groups"...I''ve done my time following City home and away through the 70''s and 80''s and what we have today is far better. I and thousands of other fathers along with our partners, are now bringing our kids to the ''beautiful game'' (home and away) for better or worse, cos that''s the way it has always been and always will be, and ensuring that there is another generation who have the passion to support our club.

''Squeaky''...you wanna hear the passion and the noise that comes out of my 11 year old...and you try dealing with his disappointment when we lose yet another game...

"grass roots supporters"...who do you think you are?

[/quote]

It''s "far better" for you now, being a family man with kids....but I wonder if you would have felt the same way back in the 70s and 80s?  I too followed the club during those days...and swore and shouted with the best of them....and had a few jars before the game. Now I''m older, I rarely drink...I never swear in the company of women and kids....and my support is nothing like as vocal. How do you think you might have reacted back then if a small group of people protested at your "outrageous" behaviour and "bad language"?

Leave the youngsters alone to let off steam and give it millions like we were allowed to do. It''s harmless and all part of the fan "bonding" thing.....AND what ultimately creates an atmosphere in the ground. Sure some family groups go for it too...but on the whole they have put a damper on traditional high spirits through their politically correct attitudes....and totally changed the vibe within Carrow Road. For me it''s like going to church these days....with Delia Smith playing Saviour........

You kind of miss the central point of my post Cluck...you seem to be rubbishing the family groups and the tenor of your post was that the lack of atmosphere is down to ''squeaky family groups'', suggesting that they are not to be considered as the ''grass roots supporters''. On the contrary, it is our participation that fills the ground to capacity and ensures there is another generation to fill our places for the future.

Perhaps you weren''t able to do your bit and bring your family into the ''Canary fold'' and I dont castigate you for that, but only that if you had, you would realise that  lifetime supporters move through the phases of identity, be it the childhood ''collect all memorabilia - posters - get player signatures'' phase, the laddish ''have a pint before after and during the game'' phase OR maturer years of the ''take your young family and make a real day out of it with the kids'' event which eventually leads to the grumpy old person phase where nothing can compare with the ''good old days''. All very enjoyable times in their own right but none better than the other.

[quote user="Road 2 Rouen"]

You kind of miss the central point of my post Cluck...you seem to be rubbishing the family groups and the tenor of your post was that the lack of atmosphere is down to ''squeaky family groups'', suggesting that they are not to be considered as the ''grass roots supporters''. On the contrary, it is our participation that fills the ground to capacity and ensures there is another generation to fill our places for the future.

Perhaps you weren''t able to do your bit and bring your family into the ''Canary fold'' and I dont castigate you for that, but only that if you had, you would realise that  lifetime supporters move through the phases of identity, be it the childhood ''collect all memorabilia - posters - get player signatures'' phase, the laddish ''have a pint before after and during the game'' phase OR maturer years of the ''take your young family and make a real day out of it with the kids'' event which eventually leads to the grumpy old person phase where nothing can compare with the ''good old days''. All very enjoyable times in their own right but none better than the other.

[/quote]

I think we''ve both taken a similar route with our kids R2R....and I currently have 2 season tickets which we share between the 3 of us. Only seldom now are we all together on the day of a match....but when we are, we can rarely sit alongside each other due to the cynical season ticket racket....but that''s another story....[:)]

Families have always gone together in groups of course....but these days we have many more closet Man Utd.  type "day-trippers" doing the trendy thing on a Saturday afternoon.....going to football.....rather than actually following Norwich City with a passion. I''ve said before on here that I know of 25 individuals who just go along to CR for the "laugh"....using freebie tickets from work etc. Are they going to bring the roof down? I don''t think so. So multiply that around the stadium and the grass root fan is clearly being pushed out.

Take into account also the high cost of taking a family to see City play....and you are already excluding many more grass root and future fans. Young kids and parents from single parent families....people struggling to pay off mortgages who can''t spare the cash....those with disabilities.....the unemployed (and yes there are plenty who wish they weren''t).....plus the pensioners struggling on a derisory Â£75 a week. Add to this the many casual fans who cant attend through work and education commitments.....and what have you got left?.....only those who can afford the trip.....not necessarily those who want to go.

I''ve got a few quid, so I''m ok.....but the club would be very foolish indeed to forget where they came from....and indeed where they might end up at this rate. Neat little family groups aren''t the passionate die-hards of the future....as they are currently being squeezed out. Going to football is very much a habit....and if the many potential grass root fans can''t go along to games regularly when they are youngsters....the moment will have passed and like many other more sensible people growing up in 2007...they will soon find better and more rewarding activities to spend their hard earned cash on.

Nothing against family groups...but there needs to be a balance....and that just isn''t the case at CR any more.

id never boycott a match, pretty much clutching on to a stubbon belief that we will come good.

(also im to stubbon to waste my season ticket, and i WILL be renewing it, this is the first year id ever been able to afford it, and only managed to get it 4 weeks before the start of the season after seeing a article on here saying they had some still going! didnt even have to be on a waiting list!)