Sign in to follow this  
ca

New Signings

I see

Leicester City signed Cadamarteri

Ipswich have signed Gary Roberts and have lined up Cork City midfielder George O''Callaghan for their 2nd deal

Sunderland has clinched young striker Evans from Man Utd on loan

Have we got anyone lined up or signed yet? No I didnt think so!!

Whilst I''m as desperate as the next person to see some transfer activity asap, I can''t even begin to think of the messages that would appear on here if we signed players like Cadamarteri.  

As far as I''m concerned none of those mentioned are particularly going to set this league alight. When players we want and who we should realistically be able get start moving elsewhere then it is time to complain and not before...and even then not if we are beaten to their signature by Premier/SPL sides (eg Pressley).

[quote user="cityangel"]

I see

Leicester City signed Cadamarteri

Ipswich have signed Gary Roberts and have lined up Cork City midfielder George O''Callaghan for their 2nd deal

Sunderland has clinched young striker Evans from Man Utd on loan

Have we got anyone lined up or signed yet? No I didnt think so!!

[/quote]

I can see what you are getting at here but I would take out the Man U one considering the obvious connection between the two. I should imagine as soon as the Larsson deal was tied up Keane was on the phone asking his old gaffer if there was anyone hanging around spare for him to take on loan.

As for lining up moves - they are far from done, I heard other clubs were interested in the Cork City man as it was reported earlier in the season that a few clubs scouts had been to see him play?!!

Don''t forget we have already signed one player or at least have him lined up - Chadwick. And at least we have been linked with a number of good players Pearson, Riordan, Camp, this Ausie striker in Scotland etc. Better than the last few years when we have heard nothing other than who is leaving!

Well CA, PG made big noises a few weeks ago about getting players he wanted lined up and sorted out so they join in early January rather than at the end of the month. At the moment I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and see who arrives in the first week of Jan. I expect to see at least one and possibly two or three arrive early. I don''t include Camp or Chadwick permanent deals in those figures. If we get nobody in that first week I shall be extremely disappointed and will start leaning towards the viewpoint that says PG is full of..............., I don''t know, lets say, hot air.

Mark .Y.

Realisticall none of these players are going to set the league alight, and, I wouldn''t particularly want any of them at Carrow Road.

Cadamateri is like McVeigh - has very rarely fulfilled his potential.

Ipswich have signed Roberts from the mighty Accrington Stanley.

Alex Notman & Mulryne prove that just because a player comes from Man Utd is does not mean they are any good.

There have been plenty of rumours flying aroud and Grant has repeatedly said that he is looking to strengthen the squad in January. 

We''ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Apart from Chadwick I doubt it.  You know the Norwich way by now, save your money, wait until all the good players have been snapped up, and then buy a couple of journeymen not wanted by their own clubs.  My biggest concern is that we probably have the money to attract decent players, but would they want to come to a club struggling in 17th position.

Grant had an opportunity to bring in a couple of loan players when we were on the fringes of the play offs, however, he decided to stick with such players as Robinson, Hughes and Etuhu, and low and behold we are closer to relegation than the play offs. 

I will wait and see how much of grants i am going to do this that and the other to bring in new players i hope he suprises us all for once.He  can talk for england but he never seems to deliver what he sprouts on about heres waiting.