Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

apparantly I'M not fit to wear the shirt!

been mulling over a comment somebody made to me at the end of the game and i have been mulling it over all weekend as i thought it was a bit out of order. i was told i was not fit towear the nrwich shirt i had on because i wasnt happy with saturday and made my feelings known. am i supposed to just sit and say well done when players cant be arsed and THEY are clearly not fit to wear the shirt!! this is typical of the fact people at carra rud expect you to shut up and accept the crap that is on show! i saw more commitment and entertainment watching my two sons playing for their under 16 team yesterday than i did on saturday and a far better game of footy.[:''(]

Don''t blame you my friend, like you I have had enough of some of these rudiculously overpaid and  grossly under performing clowns if the idiots who had a go at you stick with them regardless nothing will change. I dislike these supporters who think it is illegal to complain, these players earn fortunes compared to the rest of us and look how pathetic they are (or at least some of them, not all). I won''t be returning to CR next year if this dross continues to the end of the season. On another note, plain to see why Grant wanted the job, pretty obvious his mate Pardew wasn''t going to be at West Ham much longer, lucky us. O''h sorry  forgot also illegal to criticise Grant cos he''s only been here a few weeks even though there has been absolutely no change in tactics, style of play and above all the thing a manager could really do something about, change in attitude.

[quote user="baldyboy"]been mulling over a comment somebody made to me at the end of the game and i have been mulling it over all weekend as i thought it was a bit out of order. i was told i was not fit towear the nrwich shirt i had on because i wasnt happy with saturday and made my feelings known. am i supposed to just sit and say well done when players cant be arsed and THEY are clearly not fit to wear the shirt!! this is typical of the fact people at carra rud expect you to shut up and accept the crap that is on show! i saw more commitment and entertainment watching my two sons playing for their under 16 team yesterday than i did on saturday and a far better game of footy.[:''(][/quote]

I absolutley slated the team after the game on saturday because it was so so poor. i''m fit to wear the shirt, and so are you. I don''t lay the blame at grants feet because this isn''t his team, he has got us some superb results since coming here. Get the eleven back and some good signings and we''ll be laughing, trust me!

[quote user="baldyboy"]been mulling over a comment somebody made to me at the end of the game and i have been mulling it over all weekend as i thought it was a bit out of order. i was told i was not fit towear the nrwich shirt i had on because i wasnt happy with saturday and made my feelings known. am i supposed to just sit and say well done when players cant be arsed and THEY are clearly not fit to wear the shirt!! this is typical of the fact people at carra rud expect you to shut up and accept the crap that is on show! i saw more commitment and entertainment watching my two sons playing for their under 16 team yesterday than i did on saturday and a far better game of footy.[:''(][/quote]Shout from the rafters baldyboy because when you are right you are right! there are clearly two schools of thought on this matter which is why I believe we should have a two tier shirt system, for those want a better NCFC than we have at the moment - a canary yellow shirt and those who are very happy with things as they are - a brown shirt.The brown shirts would also be helpful to second-hand car salesmen, who could spot potential customers to sell their crap second-hand cars to.Jumping off a cliff uniformly dressed in a brown shirt could also be another advantage, to those who like that sort of thing

[quote user="baldyboy"]been mulling over a comment somebody made to me at the end of the game and i have been mulling it over all weekend as i thought it was a bit out of order. i was told i was not fit towear the nrwich shirt i had on because i wasnt happy with saturday and made my feelings known. am i supposed to just sit and say well done when players cant be arsed and THEY are clearly not fit to wear the shirt!! this is typical of the fact people at carra rud expect you to shut up and accept the crap that is on show! i saw more commitment and entertainment watching my two sons playing for their under 16 team yesterday than i did on saturday and a far better game of footy.[:''(][/quote]

A good reflective post baldyboy and half the reason I too get labelled as ''negative''. It seems that calling a spade a spade these days is viewed as ''moaning'' for the sake of it.....when as you say all you are doing is stating the obvious. It''s almost as if these fans are in denial....and that left alone it will all come right on it''s own. It won''t.

When someone on here says they are thinking of turning in their season ticket after decades of support.... suddenly they are a traitor. What the hell is that all about? I want to enjoy my football.....and if anybody is a traitor it''s those frauds at CR for taking my money under false pretences.

If more people stopped shoving their heads up their backsides and began voicing their concerns....something might be done to rectify things. For as long as this Board sees the blinkered mugs endlessly paying to watch such bilge....they are not under any pressure to act.

No doubt this too will be seen as ''negative'' or ''moaning''....and if that is infact the case I suggest they open their eyes to reality and stop pretending all is rosey in the garden. It''s like finding a rash on your butt and ignoring the fact that it''s there....in the end it will cover your entire body and a simple cure won''t heal it. Right now there is still a simple cure available....but no-one is looking at it.

I regularly watch my boys play footie too. It''s honest and passionate....and win or lose they enjoy themselves. How refreshing that is....and how proud I am of my kids for giving their all on the pitch. Their reward?.....Fun......

I was not at the game, instead went to see Chester play Lincoln to rack off another ground and a good game it was to. Standing made a change!

Back to the point, I feel you are entitled to voice your displeasure, but then again if doing that you get a counter-reaction then you can hardly be surprised. People take set-backs in different ways. Some go for the full blooded moan and others retreat to a defensive position based on theories of loyalty etc. Neither is really wrong or right and as long as it does not spill over to violence then that’s I guess is what we call democracy.

At the end of the day we all want Norwich to win and I hope that binds us together no matter how any of us see the different ways forward.

Keep wearying the shirt with pride mate.

I can''t really comment unless I know in what way you were making your displeasure felt. But some people thinks shouting abuse at players is OK, whereas i rarely think it is of benefit. So if I was watching a game and had to endure listening to a barrage of abuse and obscentities from a fellow spectator it may tarnish my veiwing pleasure. I am not saying that was what happened because i don''t know, but if I think somebody is out of order i would say so. I might not say you''re not fit to wear the shirt but I might say "shut up and stop ruining the game for everybody else" !

Just a thought, but rather than letting this bother you all weekend why didn''t you just tell this person in a calm and reasoned manner why you were so upset at the teams poor performance and why you belive you have as much right to wear the shirt as he does.

thanks for the support people. at the end of the day i shall keep wearing the shirt with pride, i just wish those players would do the same. i can take it if the team loses after having a go but the spineless and gutless performances i have witnessed over the last couple of years really do get to me, ffs all i want is to see some effort!!

there are some silly people about Baldyboy.. i imagine the people who said that to u have been "fans" since the heady days of 2002!

jas :)

[quote user="Marty"]I can''t really comment unless I know in what way you were making your displeasure felt. But some people thinks shouting abuse at players is OK, whereas i rarely think it is of benefit. So if I was watching a game and had to endure listening to a barrage of abuse and obscentities from a fellow spectator it may tarnish my veiwing pleasure. I am not saying that was what happened because i don''t know, but if I think somebody is out of order i would say so. I might not say you''re not fit to wear the shirt but I might say "shut up and stop ruining the game for everybody else" ![/quote]Are you some sort of match  steward by any chance what gives you the right to think you can tell fellow fans to shut up it seems to be a favourite past time of yours of late.This fan pays the same amount  for his ticket as anyone else and is entitled to let of his frustrations at a match without seeking permission from people like yourself i suggest you concentrate a little more on what you are sprouting and stop interfering with other fans.

Hay baldyboy you are fit to ware the shirt m8 at least you care and say it as it is !!!

at times i may not have agreed with you but at others time you have made some very valid points

does this mean im not fit ware my home shirt as i have only been to Carrow Rd once this season ??

like a lot of people ive got so disillusioned with football in general over the last few years i really cant be done with any of it including the world cup etc .To many over paid prima donners turning up week in week not giving a dam about us real fans the people who pay there wages going though the motions, if you or i did this at work we would be out the door straight away so why are these footballers so different ???

baldyboy stay as u are m8 n see ya at Carrow Rd sometime over Christmas (maybe)

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Marty"]I can''t really comment unless I know in what way you were making your displeasure felt. But some people thinks shouting abuse at players is OK, whereas i rarely think it is of benefit. So if I was watching a game and had to endure listening to a barrage of abuse and obscentities from a fellow spectator it may tarnish my veiwing pleasure. I am not saying that was what happened because i don''t know, but if I think somebody is out of order i would say so. I might not say you''re not fit to wear the shirt but I might say "shut up and stop ruining the game for everybody else" ![/quote]Are you some sort of match  steward by any chance what gives you the right to think you can tell fellow fans to shut up it seems to be a favourite past time of yours of late.This fan pays the same amount  for his ticket as anyone else and is entitled to let of his frustrations at a match without seeking permission from people like yourself i suggest you concentrate a little more on what you are sprouting and stop interfering with other fans.[/quote]

Look, you are boring me a touch, if you read my post in a less biased manner you will realise that i don''t like hearing mindless obscenities from a so called fan, now I am not saying that this guy was guilty of that because i don''t know, but I for one do not want to hear this. So get this into your head, I don''t care how much I or anyone else had paid for a ticket if I have to endure 90 mins of vile abuse towards a player / team I will make a stand, and I have done in the past. The attitude of people who think they pay there ticket price and can therefore act like disrespectful scum makes me puke, and at least I have the balls to stand up and be counted. No amount of money allows me to be abusive in a manner that would offend. Now I am only speculating in this case but the original poster did something to upset someone, but as i say I wasn''t there, but my stance on personal abuse at football will not change - so read my posts more carefully before embarking on a personal attack of me for having pricipals and moral standards that you obviously don''t!   

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Marty"]I can''t really comment unless I know in what way you were making your displeasure felt. But some people thinks shouting abuse at players is OK, whereas i rarely think it is of benefit. So if I was watching a game and had to endure listening to a barrage of abuse and obscentities from a fellow spectator it may tarnish my veiwing pleasure. I am not saying that was what happened because i don''t know, but if I think somebody is out of order i would say so. I might not say you''re not fit to wear the shirt but I might say "shut up and stop ruining the game for everybody else" ![/quote]Are you some sort of match  steward by any chance what gives you the right to think you can tell fellow fans to shut up it seems to be a favourite past time of yours of late.This fan pays the same amount  for his ticket as anyone else and is entitled to let of his frustrations at a match without seeking permission from people like yourself i suggest you concentrate a little more on what you are sprouting and stop interfering with other fans.[/quote]

Look, you are boring me a touch, if you read my post in a less biased manner you will realise that i don''t like hearing mindless obscenities from a so called fan, now I am not saying that this guy was guilty of that because i don''t know, but I for one do not want to hear this. So get this into your head, I don''t care how much I or anyone else had paid for a ticket if I have to endure 90 mins of vile abuse towards a player / team I will make a stand, and I have done in the past. The attitude of people who think they pay there ticket price and can therefore act like disrespectful scum makes me puke, and at least I have the balls to stand up and be counted. No amount of money allows me to be abusive in a manner that would offend. Now I am only speculating in this case but the original poster did something to upset someone, but as i say I wasn''t there, but my stance on personal abuse at football will not change - so read my posts more carefully before embarking on a personal attack of me for having pricipals and moral standards that you obviously don''t!   

[/quote]I am really upset you are taking this personally; I find debating with you intriguing. Do your friends agree with you unanimously? My point is people have different opinions.

People that say I dont feel shouting at the players does''nt achieve anything bemuse me.

They say that our excuse for a striker Thorne is on £10,000 a week.

Christ he has taken the best part of a Million pounds of our club and for what, he has probably played football for us less than 500 minutes!

I want to do more than shout at him, I would like to stick a briefcase with 500 minutes worth of my wage enclosed up his arse sideways!

Who the hell do we shout at? Its not the managers fault. Football players have the life of reilly to the extent it makes me sick. If anyone performed at there job to the incompetent level this man does, they would be sacked or had up by trading standards!

Thorne is not the only one by the way!

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Just take the bloody shirt off baldyboy before it ends in tears.............[;)]

AT said

"I am really upset you are taking this personally; I find debating with you intriguing. Do your friends agree with you unanimously? My point is people have different opinions".

No, I am not taking it personally, I just find the concept of people think they pay their money and can therefore shout whatever abnoxious abuse they want a touch annoying. If they do it in the pressence of me I will say something, i doubt I would say the bit about not being worthy to wear the shirt, but I would remind them that there may be children present! no i am not refering to a little bit of naughty banter, I am talking hard core personal abuse - now I don''t like this, that is my opinions, I will not budge on that one iota. I pay my hard earned cash to watch football and maybe have a bit of  a laugh and bit of banter, i don''t think that makes me particularly odd? Of course all my friends and work colleagues agree with me all the time! Having a strong mind and principals doesn''t mean I am not prepared to listen the other opinions, and that is exactly what I am doing here isn''t it?

Apparently I''m too fat to wear the shirt!

Diet starts after Christmas[B][pi].......Err, New Year..........Err, sometime in late January......2008.

Do they do an XXXXL?

Question: If we were to win at Tamworth, and to celebrate we covered and daubed ourselves in tar and bitumen; then the hard-core fans ran onto the playing surface to congratulate the squad; would it be classed as a ''pitch'' invasion?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Question: If we were to win at Tamworth, and to celebrate we covered and daubed ourselves in tar and bitumen; then the hard-core fans ran onto the playing surface to congratulate the squad; would it be classed as a ''pitch'' invasion?

[/quote]

*wtaches the tumbleweed blow slowly past....*

oh dear!

jas :)

rooferman,

Have missed you and our debates we have at the games. look forward to seeing you as it was the guy who sits not too far from you who told me im not fit to wear the shirt. hurry back m8 have a good crimbo hope to see you boxing day

marty,

i was shouting my disdain yes, but i am entitled to do that but as you put it i was not being over abusive and commenting on players ethnicity or sexual dealings or anything else yopu may care to think of. i was questioning the desire to play for the club which correct me if im wrong wasnt much in evidence on saturday. if i offend people then i apologise but i will never be quiet i cheer when things are going well but when things are dire as at the moment i question the commitment.

marty,

there are children around me mine!!! but there is also a young lad iin front of me who uses the most foul language you could imagine possible without anything being said by his father. my kids are teens but i wont tolerate that from them, but i say nothing to this guy because like me he has the right to his opinion, as does his son.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

marty,

there are children around me mine!!! but there is also a young lad iin front of me who uses the most foul language you could imagine possible without anything being said by his father. my kids are teens but i wont tolerate that from them, but i say nothing to this guy because like me he has the right to his opinion, as does his son.

[/quote]

I would have said something, I have done so in the past, I would not get abusive just try to humilate them a bit by saying something like "you may think it''s fine for your children to use such foul lanaguage but i''d rather mine had a touch more dignity!", I know this humilation is lost on many people but I think people have every right to object. I am no saint, but the kids know the difference between a bit of banter and hard core nasty abuse. I find it a shame that many people feel they can''t voice their opinions nowadays without the threat of violence of verbal abuse. I must make a distinction between constant abuse and sporadic comments, even I am prone to some of these and i''m not proud of myself (normally aimed towards the ref, but I do try to be amusing too).

I do not agree that over the top verbal abuse is a right of freedom of speech, if it threatening, racsist etc then is is anti social behaviour, and I wouldn''t want to spend £25 to listen to it when I am supposedly there to be entertained by the "quality" football!

Going back to the origin of this thread, there does appear to be a touch of irony here, perhaps those who told baldyboy he wasn''t fit to wear his Norwich shirt because he dared to shout at under performing players should move over to the other side of the stadium and sit behind the dugout, there they will witness a 5 foot 5 Scotsman wearing a Norwich tracksuit screaming and swearing at under performing players for a full 90 minutes

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Going back to the origin of this thread, there does appear to be a touch of irony here, perhaps those who told baldyboy he wasn''t fit to wear his Norwich shirt because he dared to shout at under performing players should move over to the other side of the stadium and sit behind the dugout, there they will witness a 5 foot 5 Scotsman wearing a Norwich tracksuit screaming and swearing at under performing players for a full 90 minutes

[/quote]

From what I understand the area in the ground you are referring to is already full of people who offer their advice to the coaching staff and players!