Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

if earnie goes.....

We got a replacement for Sutton called Mike Sheron....say no more.

Replacements don''t always work. You can never be sure they will score the goals you need as consistantly as their predescessor.

The scary thing is, the original poster''s statement isn''t opinion - it''s FACT. We will go down if we sell him.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Replacements don''t always work. You can never be sure they will score the goals you need as consistantly as their predescessor.

The scary thing is, the original poster''s statement isn''t opinion - it''s FACT. We will go down if we sell him.

[/quote]

Players come and go, of course it will be difficult to replace a player of his calibre but that is the nature of the game and that is why i am sure we will try to keep him at our club.

Also, it clearly isn''t a fact.

with this current board yes i do, and then we would end up with thorne and jarvis up front, and thorne cant even score from 6 yards out. it is sad when the next highest scorer to earny has FOUR goals and we are half way through the season now. work it out marty and stop living in cuckoo land!!

Ok it''s not fact as in it''s done at this moment.

But you go back through Norwich''s results this season, and deduct Earnie''s goals and the points that came with them.

You will be horrified.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

But you go back through Norwich''s results this season, and deduct Earnie''s goals and the points that came with them.

You will be horrified.

[/quote]

I agree but that is what he is paid to do, at least it sounds like Thorne has played OK today, I think it is better to have 2 up front, it is better for Earnie too.

Don''t you mean WHEN Earnie goes!!!!!!!

Can''t say I''d blame him, he must wonder what the hell he''s doing here!!!!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

You will be horrified.

[/quote]

Can''t be arsed to do the maths Alex...  my guess is 5 points

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

You will be horrified.

[/quote]

I make it 12 points...  a lot better than what I expected, but it would still mean that we were 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table

[quote user="Marty"]

I agree but that is what he is paid to do, at least it sounds like Thorne has played OK today, I think it is better to have 2 up front, it is better for Earnie too.

[/quote]

Can you remind me of  ''sick note'' Thorne''s goal tally so far this season, or worse, since he''s been here Marty?. No excuses now, he is SUPPOSED to be a striker!.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Ah, the ray of sunshine returns.

It is not fact.  Don''t be ridiculous.  What selling Earnshaw would say is that we lack fundamental ambition and have settled for being another of those mid-table, making up the numbers mediocrities, and with our youth team hardly bringing on the next big things I wonder how long we''ll need to settle in for seasons where we finish somewhere between ninth and sixteenth.  But we will not, repeat, will NOT go down and to say we will as "fact" is to betray your support to, and faith in, this club.

The standard of this league is total pants and Norwich are at best average with a strong minded, inexperienced manager - doesn''t bode well

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

It is not fact.  Don''t be ridiculous.  What selling Earnshaw would say is that we lack fundamental ambition and have settled for being another of those mid-table, making up the numbers mediocrities, and with our youth team hardly bringing on the next big things I wonder how long we''ll need to settle in for seasons where we finish somewhere between ninth and sixteenth.  But we will not, repeat, will NOT go down and to say we will as "fact" is to betray your support to, and faith in, this club.

[/quote]

Ok, I''m quite content to just watch as you sit with your head in the sand.

As I already explained to Marty, it might not be FACT - but it is a FACT that without Earnshaw''s goals this season, we would be, as Smudger pointed out, well adrift at the bottom of the Championship.

You and certain others might like to keep denying it, but this club is in a very real danger of being suckeed into a relegation battle this season. You''re in denial clearly - as the stats show that we are in trouble.

Be realistic.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ on a bike! I thought for a minute I was the only positive person here. I never had myself down as the eternal optimist but it would appear that I am. If he is reading this stuff he probably will leave!

Its seems to me that the likes over Colchester seem to be able to make a play off position at this stage of the season without Earnshaws goals, and so should we whether he is with us or without us.

However what they have in abundance that we are missing is

• a clear team spirit (we have too many individuals who thinks its acceptable to perform in a game a month and not get dropped)
  • a clear game plan;   tactical changes week in week out have left us weak as players seem unsure of what their role is and or unable to deliver a plan - if hughes is chosen to play right midfield he HAS to keep that shape and not be closer to HUx than Colin,  Etuhu has to burst forward (or just burst would be a start).    That the manager has failed to do that in his few weeks here is disappointing - he needs to play to a shape and stick to it;
  • Does the manager know what the teams strengths and weaknesses are?  why sign hux on another contract if he is to be taken off when we are chasing a game?  

We dont need earnshaw to be successful in this league;  but having him should put us in a stronger position than our rivals ONLY IF THE REST OF THE SQUAD IS GOOD ENOUGH.  Keeping him and preventing reinvestment in the rest of the squad accepts his departure eventually anyway.

Strengthen that midfield and develop a clear game plan utilising the strengths of the squad and we will compete strongly in this league.  On the evidence of the last two games that is putting Dublin up front and hoicking a long ball up front;  its not good football but in both the last two games we have only looked a threat playing this way.

That how bad things have come - we can only look threatening when by passing our own midfield.