Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

MY FIRST CRITICISM OF GRANT.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I said in an earlier thread when PG had been at the club only a few days that he was probably the biggest bull****er ever to set foot at CR, nothing has changed that view over the last 3 weeks[/quote]Presumably you''re an expert on such matters? [:P][/quote]You don''t really need to be an expert to spot it Herb, you just need to be a teeny weeny bit streetwise, but I don''t suppose streets have been invented in  your hamlet yet

[quote user="John Boubepo"]but I don''t suppose streets have been invented in  your hamlet yet [/quote]No, we''re still whittling away on this crazy project they call "the wheel" as I speak.When it''s completed we plan to bolt it onto a rusty Mk3 Cortina and banger it at Yarmouth.

Herb wrote:

John Boubepo wrote:

I said in an earlier thread when PG had been at the club only a few days that he was probably the biggest bull****er ever to set foot at CR, nothing has changed that view over the last 3 weeks

Presumably you''re an expert on such matters? Stick out tongue [:P]
I think you missed an implication about your good self there, Mr. Boubepo

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He blames the players but how can you expect players to perform well when played out of position?? 

ITS PATHETIC.

The england match and poor performances ALL ROUND proved that even good players like John Terry look poor when played out of position.

I was not very happy with Grant''s press conference.  This endless critisism of the players is worrying.

[/quote]

He blamed the players because he said the when asked if they understood what was expected of them they said yes. Last week you were praising him for making tough decisions, he''s done the same this week and it hasn''t worked. It was a very honest interview after the match, thats what we should expect of him.

Can I bring this back into context. Grant will be judged by what he does and not by what he says.

I think he has been naive and may have said too much for his own benefit. He has been up-front and brave, yes, but would be ill advised to get the Board and Worthington out of jail by throwing all the resposibility on himself and praising his predecesor too much along with his employers.

The supporters are prepared to give Grant time and understand the constraints and limitations he inherited, but, he could throw this tolerance away if he carries on as he has done. Think a little more before you speak, Pete.

Grant has made too many early analysis of key players public too and there are many supporters who currently value these players above all else at the Club. In the case of Huckerby IMO this is deservedly so, the man has been a model pro and employee, he doesn''t need any sort of geeing up, he can do that for himself.

The first transparency of a loquacious person is often picked up on and this occurred with his team selection yesterday when he had key players out. He might wish he hadn''t said what he said, but, he is new in the job and entitled to learn.

Surely, it is permissible to be critical, rightly or wrongly, without malice or ill intent. I am fully behind Grant and above all else hope he stays honest with all his mistakes being honest ones. Provided he learns from them and moves forwards he is alright by me, otherwise it is still too early to make any fair judgement of him.

Huckerby ifb, fact. Earnshaw ifb, fact. I only feel letdown by Grant after him saying yep I have no fear about giving youth a chance, if hes good enough hes in, and about playing players in their correct positions. Clearly this went out the window yesterday, eagle is good enough as cover for hucks, should have moved Hoooozie into the middle to play the Safri role and dropped flem to the bench.

I''ve just remembered the niggling, nagging thought dredged up from the depths of my memory.

Anybody remember that Scotland manager from a few years (well, lots) ago who was going to win the World Cup? Something dismissive about "Pe - rrooo". Ally Somebody-or-another. A very garrulous man.

I hope they''re not related ...

For god sake give the man a chance , he tried some thing he had in his mind , i can see where he was coming from , he wanted to form a back 5 with doc playing just in front  of the defence , hughes pulling back to cover drury , i can understand the criiticism from most of the posters , he can''t help it if his players don''t know what he''s telling them , well i suppose its like asking a team of boy scouts to perform to an alert of "defcon one" all they have known from our previous manager was hoof the ball and hoof it some more . i will admit he was not my first choice for manager but i am behind him 100%                .and A 1 i am not grumpy , i am a fan going back 50 years now ,my first match was when i was 5 years old ,i want to see some thing better than worthington gave us , this is why i am saying give P G a chance.

[quote user="ray ducker"]For god sake give the man a chance , he tried some thing he had in his mind , i can see where he was coming from , he wanted to form a back 5 with doc playing just in front  of the defence , hughes pulling back to cover drury , i can understand the criiticism from most of the posters , he can''t help it if his players don''t know what he''s telling them , well i suppose its like asking a team of boy scouts to perform to an alert of "defcon one" all they have known from our previous manager was hoof the ball and hoof it some more . i will admit he was not my first choice for manager but i am behind him 100%                .and A 1 i am not grumpy , i am a fan going back 50 years now ,my first match was when i was 5 years old ,i want to see some thing better than worthington gave us , this is why i am saying give P G a chance.[/quote]

I think ray ducker has made a very good point here. Peter Grant did select the team yesterday but maybe we are being harsh in our criticism of his selection. He is not to blame if the players can''t comprehend what he is asking of them. He now needs to either make them understand, or replace them with players that can.

[quote user="andrew young"]

Herb wrote:

John Boubepo wrote:

I said in an earlier thread when PG had been at the club only a few days that he was probably the biggest bull****er ever to set foot at CR, nothing has changed that view over the last 3 weeks
Presumably you''re an expert on such matters? Stick out tongue [:P]
I think you missed an implication about your good self there, Mr. Boubepo[/quote]I didn''t miss it, I just chose to ignore, I then got another shot in on good old Herb who will no doubt get his own back very soon, you should try it andrew young, it''s called banter