Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Who's Your Money On?

We have heard who everyone would like to see manager (ranging from men coaching in Oz to men older than the football club itself) but who do you actually think WILL get the job?

I think it will be Blackwell.

(apologies if this has already been covered as a theme in other posts - so much has been posted recently and I haven''t read everything. If this is the case please ignore and I will slap my wrists).

It''s so difficult to call this one that there is no way I would bet on the outcome. If I did take a wild punt, I''m afraid I would also put a few quid on Hunter. Will the cheap and easy option win the day yet again? Admiitedly the cheap option worked well for a while last time, but it may not appease some of the fans in the present climate.

My heart says Tilson. I have heard some stories of maschinations behind the scenes, but am not sure whether to give them credence. If these are wrong, my head says Hunter, so as not to divert funds away from important things like restaurants and hotels.

Alex McCleish or Hoddle I would be more than happy with, either with or without Martin Hunter as coach, I''m wondering if the McLeish story has been put about to smoke out the currently employed candidates, such as Tilson or Bowen...

The guy I think the board would give it to is Hunter.  But I cannot see us getting many points in the next 3 games so we may fortunatly not have to worry about his appointment.  If this is the case and it has dragged who wants to take over a Championship club in the relegation zone when you potentially have Leeds and West Brom available??

I''ve just stuck a tenner on McLeish, the fact that all bookies apart from Coral aren''t taking bets on him must lend some credence to the rumour.

The bookies are never wrong. Or are they?!

My money would be on Hunter. He might not be a bad appointment - I guess we''ll have more of an idea after saturday. I don''t think we''ve got the money to appoint a Curbs/McLeish/Hoddle etc.