Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

What does Worthy now offer the club?

With the side Worthy has built hovering around championship mid-table yet again, what does he actually offer us?

The players seem unable to follow his instructions, we have no Plan B, a wafer thin squad and a worse side than that which got promoted.

Its a damn shame we didnt get rid in the summer and sign up Mike Newell before he signed his new contract.

That''s a food question. The only positive I can think of apart from past glories is that he seems to be able to persuade players to come to Norwich such as Hucks, Earnie, Ashton and Croft. However that could be more down to the club and the set up rather than Worthy!? Still only one positive isn''t really that positive is it!!?

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

That''s a food question. The only positive I can think of apart from past glories is that he seems to be able to persuade players to come to Norwich such as Hucks, Earnie, Ashton and Croft. However that could be more down to the club and the set up rather than Worthy!? Still only one positive isn''t really that positive is it!!?

[/quote]

Yeah, thinking about it, they hardly needed much persuading did they? And we were the only ones to go for Ashton. I think more is made of Worthless'' "pulling power" than is true.

He offers us NOTHING. Nothing but further embarrassment for the fans and the club.

Get rid, and the sooner the better.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

With the side Worthy has built hovering around championship mid-table yet again, what does he actually offer us?

The players seem unable to follow his instructions, we have no Plan B, a wafer thin squad and a worse side than that which got promoted.

Its a damn shame we didnt get rid in the summer and sign up Mike Newell before he signed his new contract.

[/quote]

What has Mike Newell done to make him such a good choice to be our manager?

I know what he offers the board - a shield.  He is the focus of fan''s anger and the board are probably happy to keep him to hide behind him.

We have a paper thin squad and it''s not all down to Worthington.  Whether targets like Howard were worth £1m is largely irrelevant if his presence can secure promotion.  Worthington named his man and the board didn''t back him, Munby later said they could have afforded him.  We are now left with nothing from the situation because similar players were not identified.

We have made 1 permanent signing and 2 loans when in reality we needed 5-7 players.  A tall striker, left back cover, centre back cover, left/right wing cover and replacements for Leon and Green.  We have seen Croft (great signing), Camp and Boyle join but we are still well short.

The reason we have no plan B tactic wise is because of a lack of numbers in the playing staff.  It''s only a matter of one or two more injuries and the guy who served me in restaurant two weeks ago will be playing left back.

[quote]  It''s only a matter of one or two more injuries and the guy who served me in restaurant two weeks ago will be playing left back.[/quote]

Rossi Jarvis is a waiter ?