Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

A Sad Day,,,

If Leon McKenzie does sign for Coventry this evening, which looks very possible, it will be a sad day for Norwich City.

I feel we are loosing a great player in McKenzie and I still feel he could have offered us a lot up front. Due to our new formation, there doesn''t seem to be a place for him. I have never, ever seen a player give more effort on a football pitch and I''m sure we''ll never forget those two goals against Ipswich on his debut.

Good luck Leon, I wish you all the best for the future. I just hope Nigel includes in the sale a similar clause as when Robert Fleck signed for Chelsea...you are not allowed to play against us in the next fixture.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I hope your not comparing Flecky to McKenzie.[/quote]He''s been about 800% better than Flecky''s second stint.It was like watching my dad out there at times :o)

eh???

So the tale about flecky kissing the badge on his Chelsea shirt in front of the Barclay is not true after all?

Another urban myth bites the dust . . .

I have to disagree with you here CanaryBoy.

Leon isn''t willing to sit around and be a squad member, and at his age, fair enough.  If rumours are to be believed, we can use his departure to bring in Cotterill from Bristol, who is a young striker, knows Earnshaw through the Welsh squad, will be a willing understudy and also cover for Lee Croft in case of injury.

No harm in saying thanks Leon, but his departure could be better for us and him.

Mckenzie is a good lad and all that but he is fit to clean flecky''s boots. In his prime fleck was 8000% better the Leon.

“I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again - I don''t want to sell Leon. He made a transfer request and it was turned down and that''s all there is to say as far as I am concerned. He is an important part of the squad - and will still be here after the deadline has passed.”

Nigel worthington - 30th august 2006

lets wait and see!!

I would have to disagree with you - Leon is very enthusiastic but is hardly a Norwich great. It will do him good to go to another club. He always reminded me of the great gambler David Neilson. Give you 110% but when it came to great finishing he lacked a bit.

£1m is a bargain for us.

Can anyone seriously say Green is only worth twice Leon?

But I wish we would fkn sign someone.

I guess it will be the famous loan signing trick again.

[quote user="Bacon Roll"]

“I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again - I don''t want to sell Leon. He made a transfer request and it was turned down and that''s all there is to say as far as I am concerned. He is an important part of the squad - and will still be here after the deadline has passed.”

Nigel worthington - 30th august 2006

lets wait and see!!

[/quote]

Coventry have sealed the biggest single deal outside the Premiership, spending a cool £1m on Norwich''s Leon Mckenzie.