Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Conversations that are getting a bit boring.

Whenever I look at this messageboard, no matter what time of day, the same old, boring conversations appear;

• Who is a true Fan?
  • Have we turned the corner? and from this;
  • Should Worthy still be in charge?
  • Should we sign Chris Sutton or not? And finally;
  • Is Leon McKenzie a complete twit?

I''m sure that someone will post a reply to this saying ''I''m getting bored of this kind of rubbish conversation'', so don''t bother now.

Am I the only the person who gets bored of the same posts being posted over and over again? Please everyone, change the record!

Yes I agree.

I look at the threads and really have to scan for an interesting one.

But even if you do find a good one, it normally decends into ''this must mean worty is should go'' or ''It must be because Hunter is great and worthy is useless''

Whats wrong with keeping it on topic and discussing the point?

There are too many chips on shoulders right now. Get over it chaps and get on with whats actually happening with our club. The real issues!

Too right! This board used to be filled with people singing the praises of city. Ok that''s rubbish, But it used to be a case of when we were playing and doing as well as we are, that I''d get excited about coming on this board to see the comments and fellow supporters raving about how good wear played. Now everyone''s just bloody whining. We''re second for christ sake! We''ed be ten points clear and half this board would find something to whine about.

It may take a few more months to convince some posters (me included) that things have turned round for the better.  I make no bones about how I felt last season, and although we have improved on the pitch (though it''s still early on) I can see why some of us are still questioning what went before, and certain aspects of what''s happening now. Gamera, you will see me raving over performances when we have beaten someone away, and convincingly.  When we have beaten fellow promotion contenders or favourites, such as Palace (so not long to wait), Brum, WBA, Southampton, etc.

As for the true fan thing.... that has been on going as long as I have been on this board, and that''s a fair while, in all it''s previous shapes and forms. 

I think (if anyone truly has a spare few hours) you could trawl through every one of your suspected non true fan''s back catalogue of posts and find examples of encouragment and love for the club - if that period inspired such in them.  But we cannot forget that last season (and the one before it) fell well short of how it could (not should) have been, added to that there was plenty of issues which most of us (some former posters are now not on here, so can''t comment on them) took issue with. 

We all love the club, however we see that manifesting itself.  Whether it means just the eleven on the pitch or the whole lot of them, admin staff included.  If things are not good we criticise.  Whether we are right or wrong, it''s all a matter of opinion.... we discuss it, in polite terms or not, as this is a football message board. 

The cuddly animals is a side issue, there will be others, maybe we have all used up the usual suspects, fave films, cars etc (to be honest there are other sites for them). 

I don''t expect anyone to agree with me, and to an extent I pick and choose threads to contribute to, but I don''t blame anyone for their opinion.  We all see the game, and the way the club conducts itself in a different light, much the same as we live life.

Too much quantity - not enough quality. Unfortunately this is bound to be the case for much of the time on any football message board. How much is there to say on such a narrow topic of debate as NCFC? I visit this board far less frequently than I used to because I began to find it rather boring. I like to have a read of what the ordinary fan has to say when we bring in new players, or are thinking of bringing in new players, and also immediately before and after City matches are played. The rest of the time there really isn''t very much to be said. Unless of course there is a protracted discussion about whether the manager should stay or go! SHUSH!

agree thorpe.it seems to me there are people on this board who don''t care much for NCFC, but take great delight in stirring an emotional pot for their own self-serving interests.  genuine debate that is thought provoking and stimulates converation is one thing, but certain individuals as a matter of policy appear to deliberately take the opposite point of view and snipe at others in order to generate negative satisfaction for their own ends.  they most likely feed off the anger and frustration their comments generate.however, although this is my observation and opinion, this in turn doesn''t somehow make me better than them.  i genuinely believe people are free to express themselves - even if its in such a narrow and destructive way, its their choice after all.

I had a low-fat cheese & ham sarnie for lunch.[:|]

I also had a bag of ''light'' cheese an'' onion crisps.[:|]

I had a ''skinny cow'' icecream lolly for puddin''.[:|]

I also had a can of pepsi-max to wash it all down with. [:|]

.........and now I''m still hungry - as that load of calorie controlled pap''ier-mache pulp wouldn''t fill a flea!........Pie Pie everyone! I hope you all found my post interestin'' and I hope to contribute some more inane drivel, after I return from the chippy with some real grub! Anyone else have an interesting lunch, or care to tell us what kind of day they''re having?

I''m all ears..........[|-)]

I celebrated my semi-retired status by getting up when I felt like it.  Had a slash, cuppa tea, checked Sky Sports News, ran a bath.

Then I cooked a full breakfast - egg, bacon, sausage, mush, toms, bubble etc. etc.  Magic. 

Then . . . the doctor''s surgery phoned asking me to go in for a routine cholesterol check. 

Have the health police installed a secret camera? 

I''m quite new to this board, I came here on a bit of a wind up cuz it all seemed so "last season" but now I am finding I like it here! Most posters seem genuine, and as messageboards go,  it''s pretty good natured around here! I think it''s entertaining! But then, maybe I''m easily pleased!

[quote user="canary cherub"]I''m quite new to this board, I came here on a bit of a wind up cuz it all seemed so "last season" but now I am finding I like it here! Most posters seem genuine, and as messageboards go,  it''s pretty good natured around here! I think it''s entertaining! But then, maybe I''m easily pleased![/quote]

Glad you like it canary cherub, stick around!

Mainly we want to talk about football - but there has been a break where all we have had to discuss is the lack of transfers in/limited squad size, slaughetring Leon for moving on, circular discussions around who is responsible for the transformation in our team and why have we yet to sign Sutton.

The sooner the matches start flowing again the better - just hope that we dont lose our momentum.

First of all, why generate a thread saying how boring everything is without at least suggesting something interesting as an alternative. I suggest that the reason you do is for the very same reason that so many other inputs appear boring to you. There are far too many posters who are one dimensional as well as myopic.

Yes, this is a message board about Norwich City FC, but that does not mean we cannot have more frequent discussion about broader issues throughout the league that affects our club, whether directly or indirectly. It does not mean we cannot have rational discussion about how our club could be owned or managed by others for a more ambitious approach without pigeon holing each other into supporter or non-supporter categories. It does not mean we have to accuse each other of lacking facts when it should be self-evident to all but the mentally challenged that the nature of who we are and what we are engaged in on this board has very little to do with facts, but rather opinion and speculation. It does not mean we cannot learn to improve our writing skills, wit or poetic inclination.

I could now list dozens of topics that get very little attention and provide opportunity for healthy interchange. But I won''t, because that would just be feeding a fish to those of you with lazy minds that want without giving. I am providing you with the rod, now you go and fish with it or else do what the originator of this thread does...complain about there being no fish without contributing to tomorrow''s meal.    

I like to think I have helped you to better structure your posts, Yankee, although breaking them up further into points per stanza would be even better, however, you write like those dull American newspapers while people like me write more like a UK redtop.

In return you have taught me to have a little more humility for which I thank you.

Isn''t that line adapted from a poem by Robert Frost entitled something similar to:

''Stopping by woods on a snowy evening'' I can just about remember it and it is a lovaly poem.

Perhaps it is just me, but have you spectuacularly missed the point Yankee? I don''t think the first poster ever suggests people should not discuss "broad" topics; however, I think he was suggesting it is rather boring to read the same threads making the same points over and over again. I don''t really think anybody can disagree with this - at least people could make the effort to put their thoughts in existing threads rather than start a new one. For you to say people can''t comment on this is very hypocritical given the general tone of your post.I completely concur with your discussion of the attitude of some posters who attempt to pigeon hole people. This is possibly one of the most ridiculous aspects of the whole "KTF/WO" issue - everybody has their own, differing, opinions which (of course) have been much discussed over the past months. I miss the days when people could seriously discuss NCFC without fear of being pigeon-holed, and having their posts ridiculed because of this.Also, thank you for your grateful provision of a rod with which we can fish in the sea of footballing discussion - I can''t speak for anyone else, but I don''t know what I would do without it. I trust I have suitably supplied you with some bait...

Shurmer, the only bait I know is the rolled up wet bread placed in an empty jam jar help with a string extended from the neck. Does anyone remember those days? We used to catch minnows ( and the odd gudgeon ). You are going to have work harder to tempt me re your first paragraph.