Sign in to follow this  
View From The Moon

New frontman??

macken is no morrison and hasn''t done much recently - he''s probably worth a gamble by ipswich to stay up, but not enough quality for a promo chasing team like city imowe need a touch of class up front, like crouch & svennson when we went up before. 

"Svensson a touch of class thats a bit strong"

Not strong enough, IMO. He held the ball up, won his headers, played great passes and scored some very important goals for us. Shame he couldn''t stick around, because he''s exactly the type of player we need now.

He struggled to get in the side. I saw him play ever home game for us and it best I say he''s a good back up player. I did not see a player who could be described as a touch of class

not a fan of macken personally, if they wanted to give morrison up then that might be a different matter-

Macken''s done jack shXX in the last 3 or four years.  Was along time go that he was banging in the goals for Preston.  Ipswich are welcome to him.

some liked svennson, others didn''t hardhouse - fair enough.  but, if you look at the dvd of our champ winning season, you''ll see svensson scoring some important goals for us.  he also scored regulary at the end of our prem season, despite coming off the bench to do it.  i''d have had him starting more often than not, especially against fulham on last day.  ancient history now though, looking foward its clear we need a quality striker to boost of promo chances.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Svensson was frusttrating, he was great one week and hopeless the next.. got some good goals for us though

jas :)

[/quote]I think his lack of consistency was probably down to the team being chopped and changed where one week he''d start but then find himself on the bench the next. However when he was fit and on his game Norwich played better football and he scored some very important goals for us. He was also a real character and had passion about the club and winning as was evident whenever he scored. He just went mental. Think he''d have been a solid player for us last season had he stayed but I didn''t so lets move on. If we can get someone like Sven though I think the majority of supporters would be chuffed. Didn''t he only cost 50K initially with add ons. Great transfer, probably one of Worthy''s best.

If we still had Svensson now we wouldnt be in this mess of needing a target man, he would be awesome with Earnie! simply awesome!

I was a big fan of Svensson and too many times had to put up with

curmudgeonly old men sitting next to me at games grumbling about how

"rubbish he is". And you''d think a few goals would shut them up...

deary me no... this is Norwich City FC - Home of the Grumbler.

He was fantastic at holding up play, and certainly kept Iwan out of the

squad for long periods.  I had the pleasure of meeting him out

once and he had his hair in the biggest mohican I''ve seen since the

80''s, and just seemed to spend the entire night laughing.  Very

pleasant chap, and a character on and off the pitch.

I think his reputation suffered because he did little in the Scum

game, then got injured and was out for ages.  Plus any player with

us that season was simply overshadowed by Hucks.

Wouldn''t want Macken though - something of a cart-horse these

days.  Mind you, would be a better signing that Horsefield!!

Ee-orr!