Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Bobby Robson

Bobby has been taken to hospital following the Ipswich game this afternoon.Hope he is OK and gets back fit soon.http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408025&CPID=10&clid=40&lid=2&title=Robson+taken+to+hospital

That is sad to hear.Despite his connections with them lot down the road he''s always seemed like a bloody good bloke.Hope its nothing too serious and he''s back in fine form soon.

I remember him as a young and unfortunately very successful manager of Ipswich Town.

He then went on to be an excellant manager of England who led his national side with distinction at Italia 90.

Then, of course he had other Clubs and was dealt with disgracefully by Newcastle United. His heart is clearly in Suffolk although it was always rumoured his wife loved shopping in Norwich. This led to abusive chants about her by ''The Barclay'' and I also remember Robson almost losing an eye after walking in front of ''The Barclay'' and being hit by a rain of coins. Football was very different in those days, enormously passionate, virulent, aggressive and sad.

Bobby Robson is a great football man, I am sorry to hear he is unwell, and the fact he was taken ill in Ipswich gives older supporters like me a chance to show a little class and try to atone for the attitudes of the 1970''s by rising above the fog of local rivalry and saying ''Get well soon, Bobby.''

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I am sorry to hear he is unwell, and the fact he was taken ill in Ipswich gives older supporters like me a chance to show a little class and try to atone for the attitudes of the 1970''s by rising above the fog of local rivalry and saying ''Get well soon, Bobby.''[/quote]Spot on, the man is a legend and I too wish him a swift recovery.

Isn''t he someone who we can all agree is a genuine good guy of football? All the best, Bobby.

Good to see my fellow Yella’s joining in with wishing him a speedy recovery and quite rightly so.

For those of us who are old enough I’m sure you had just as many of your Christmases and Easters ruined by his Ipswich side as I did.

[quote user="Big A"]Bobby has been taken to hospital following the Ipswich game this afternoon.

Hope he is OK and gets back fit soon.

[/quote]

watching an ipswich game can do that to you.

more serious note. by far the best england manager in my life time, hopes for a speedy recovery

Get well soon Bobby, us Norwich fans are routing for you.

Tell you what, Archant.

As the common consensus is to wish Sir. Bobby well it would be nice if on behalf of the users of this message board a goodwill message could be passed to Sir. Bobby and his family via The East anglian Daily Times. Is this acheivable?