Sign in to follow this  

Anyone who went to the game, or like myself listened to Radio Norfolk, will know that we put in a very good performance against Leeds. Yes it was a defeat, not a great start, but for god''s sake! We actually passed the ball people! If that''s not a reason to celebrate what the hell is!

Please stop all the negative talk for now and praise the team for a good effort, and remember, if Earnie had his shooting boots on, we would have won 3-0!

Quite right. This performance was much improved over those of last season. Not saying those who are not in favour of the manager should just forget as I am one of those people and am still to be convinced he can get things back to the times when we went up. But its a good start despite the final score so I''m willing to give them time and support and I''d hope others would do the same. Just to make it clear I still of the Worthy Out persuassion like many others but if they play good football and get the results then they all deserve are support. Some will disagree I can guarentee it.

So we''re happy with 1-0 defeats at Leeds now are we just because we played pretty football at times.  If we played well and still lost what the hell is going to happen when we play badly?

FYI the two reports i heard made out that the longer the 2nd half went on the more Norwich ran out of ideas and at the end of the game were unable to gain any quality possession whatsoever.  Heard that a few times over the last couple of seasons haven''t we ?!  

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

So we''re happy with 1-0 defeats at Leeds now are we just because we played pretty football at times.  If we played well and still lost what the hell is going to happen when we play badly?[/quote]

See. Didn''t I tell you someone would disagree.

i really think they are on the wind up so i will ignore them, great post thorpe,a loss but a posative performance,we play like that all year its going to be a good one

So we''re happy with 1-0 defeats at Leeds now are we just because we played pretty football at times.  If we played well and still lost what the hell is going to happen when we play badly?

[/quote]

if we continue with this form we will finish bottom with no points and a minus 46 goal difference.

we are all gonna die some time in our lives, lets just go and hang ourselves now.

Rasputin, you are spot on when you say that it was much improved over last season. But playing worse than we did at Wolves, QPR, Derby etc. would have been impossible.

I thought we looked quite good but did we look much better than we did on the opening day last season? I don''t think so. Against Coventry we created a handful of chances which Ashton wasted, and it was the same yesterday with Earnie. Yes we passed the ball better than we have been and should have been up at the break, but the same failings were there from the manager. Again we went in a goal down at the break away from home, and apart from an Earnshaw header, never looked like getting back in the game in the 2nd half. And Worthington''s answer? Take off midfielders, thrown on as many strikers as possible and lob it up to them.

I think the turning point was when Croft went off, because as soon as Mckenzie came on, we immediately started looking for his head rather than playing the good passing football which we played in the first half. My worry is that if we get an injury in midfield or defence, it will be Hughes and Fleming who fill in the gaps, who simply aren''t good enough. While everyone stays fit, we should be able to beat teams at home, but lose a couple of players and it is going to be a struggle.

Well done to Colin who played well today and should continue to improve. And Drury made some superb tackles as well. Keep it up boys.

Yes it was a much improved performance, all credit to our new coach!

FYI the two reports i heard made out that the longer the 2nd half went on the more Norwich ran out of ideas and at the end of the game were unable to gain any quality possession whatsoever.  Heard that a few times over the last couple of seasons haven''t we ?!  

[/quote]We''re never happy with defeat sussexcanary, but numbers of people, last season, said they just wanted a return to passing football, not ''hoofball''. Will you admit that the improvement to the style of play is a positive step - one that, hopefully, will lead to a better run of results this season?I don''t believe in miraclulous, instant cures. I see the position as similar to a patient having moved from intensive care, onto the general wards, where further treatment will lead to a full recovery. I hope our club doesn''t fall victim to MRSA (Moaning Rotten Supporter Actions).

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="sussexcanary"]

[/quote]
We''re never happy with defeat sussexcanary, but numbers of people, last season, said they just wanted a return to passing football, not ''hoofball''. Will you admit that the improvement to the style of play is a positive step - one that, hopefully, will lead to a better run of results this season?

I don''t believe in miraclulous, instant cures. I see the position as similar to a patient having moved from intensive care, onto the general wards, where further treatment will lead to a full recovery. I hope our club doesn''t fall victim to MRSA (Moaning Rotten Supporter Actions).

[/quote]

Yes, it is a positive step but like most football supporters i am difficult to please.  I want us to play fast attacking football and actually win....would be nice wouldn''t it just once !

John Travolta is back wrote: "if we continue with this form we will finish bottom with no points and a minus 46 goal difference."

And if Luton continue with their form they will be promoted by Easter and finish with 138 points and a plus 92 goal difference. [:)]

please dont take this the wrong way but we wouldnt be city fans if we didnt want them to win every game,some times you have to look at the bigger picture,and a posative performance is good enough for me,if after ten good performances we still have no points then i might start to question things,but please lets not get on the players backs this early,its a new season and a fresh start, there are a lot of things i would like to see different at carrow road,but i have to be realistic that we are not going to be able to buy our way in to the prem so it has to be done on a budget and with team spirit with all the club pulling together,that is not gained by the fans turning against the manager and players in the first week, lets get behind the team and give them all the help they need to do there best over this early part of the season, believe it or not i do think a one nil loss playing better football with better shape than last season is a step forward,we need to make the chances count in the games comming up but throwing the toys out the pram this early is silly!

We need to see what impact Hunter has. Listening to R5Live they thought we controlled the game well for most of the first half, the penalty was against the run of play, but that Leeds controlled things later on despite which we still created some good chances for Earnie.

Sounded encouraging to me. My first match will be this Saturday, but I was quite pleasantly surprised when reading the reports apart from seeing Earnshaw being described as "hapless" by the IoS. If Hunter can get them playing better football then maybe there is yet some hope..................