Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

Why the need for a hate figure?

If it isn''t Andy Hughes it''s Neil Doncaster or some other unfortunate.

Over the years some poor bugger has had to carry the can, whatever the team are doing on the pitch.

Is it just a fundamental need in many people to aim derision at others? I think it points to a lack of self-esteem and bullying tendencies.

That is not to say there is no room for properly founded criticism or questions but those who constantly pour scorn on others often seem to lose the point of their argument. It is a vital part of any bullying exercise that you reduce the image of the victim and name calling is an important step in doing so i.e., Hooves, Worthless or Doomcaster. It is, therefore easier to mistreat such persons once they have been reduced to objects as opposed to people.

Think about it.......................

I suggest that anyone using the names you list immediately loses a large chunk of their credibility and thereby the likelihood of any valid criticism they make being heard. Perhaps though it doen''t matter, perhaps as you suggest they are just fulfilling their need to exercise their latent bullying tendancies

Cupid,

It is an easier way for people who are not capable of structured though or comment to express themselves.

They understand that their are problems with the club but lack the capability to understand what those problems are and what the sensible solutions are.

It becomes less brain taxing for them to simply say ''Worthy smells'' and walk off. And that is about the extent of their argument.

BELOW IS YOUR COMMENT TO MY CROFT THREAD."Another stupid thread....

Croft and anyone else would be told to cut out the tricks in any

game we are winning narrowly and where possession of the ball is

paramount. Isn''t the context obvious?"

SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT MIND GAMES AND INSULTING TACTICS WHEN TRYING TO PROVE A POINT - BEST FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE CUPID!

[quote user="Cupid Stunt"]If it isn''t Andy Hughes it''s Neil Doncaster or some other unfortunate. Over the years some poor bugger has had to carry the can, whatever the team are doing on the pitch. Is it just a fundamental need in many people to aim derision at others? I think it points to a lack of self-esteem and bullying tendencies. That is not to say there is no room for properly founded criticism or questions but those who constantly pour scorn on others often seem to lose the point of their argument. It is a vital part of any bullying exercise that you reduce the image of the victim and name calling is an important step in doing so i.e., Hooves, Worthless or Doomcaster. It is, therefore easier to mistreat such persons once they have been reduced to objects as opposed to people. Think about it.......................[/quote]

Excellent piece written by......................................................

Cupid Stunt. Hmmmm!

LGT,

Sorry if you felt hurt but there was a whole raft of stupid threads which is not to say all your threads are stupid because they are not.

The reason I said ''stupid'' is because contributors to this board are micro-moaning in the absence of anything substantial and this includes harking back to old issues and talking up matters which might never happen or simply taking them out of context.

By the way, anyone is very welcome to have a go at my views as much as they like because I have chosen to display them publicly. I will not be offended because the comments will be aimed at my psudonym which is a type of cyber contraceptive.