Sign in to follow this  
gazban

Ernie will go

I reckon Ernie will leave in the next few weeks as the lure of prem football and a link up with Mark Hughes will be too much of a draw. Whilst this will be a major disappointment, we can then spend the money on a better quality target man and we ahve plenty of small strikers (WLY) anyway!

When have we ever spent money ? we spent peanuts when we got promoted and ballsed it up big time. This club has a Championship mentality from Delia down to every Worthington supporter .

[quote user="We need a Manager"]

When have we ever spent money ? we spent peanuts when we got promoted and ballsed it up big time. This club has a Championship mentality from Delia down to every Worthington supporter .

[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh mate

Earnshaw    Â£3 million

Huckerby   Â£1Million

Ashton      Â£3Million

Jonson   Â£1Million

plus alot of cash spent on other players (OK they arent great but that happens), etuhu, colin, hughes, francis,mckenzie have all had reasonable fees in the lat 2/3 years.

I fear that you may be right.

Why else are we looking at Izale Mcleod?

What worries me is that if we sell Earnie now Worthington will spend the transfer proceeds and we will have balls up big time.

If Worthington leaves the club next season (which i expect will happen) a new manager could come in and sell Earnie (he is going to go at some stage between now and next July) and use the sale cash to build a team that he wants.

If Worthy sells Earnie and spends the cash and it doesn''t work out the new manager will have no money to spend and we are doomed.

I was aware that rovers were looking to sign 3 strikers this summer with 2 to be announced this week - it still leaves a slot open but it looks very unlikely that it will be Earnie.   Having said that I wouldrather have earnie than Jeffers... 

blackburn have lost dickov and bellamy, plus jansen who i dont think was replaced. so i dont think them signing 2 players is the end of the rumours just yet. especially as neither player is in the bellamy mould.

even so i still dont think he''ll be leaving this summer.