Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Come on Nigel, lets be havin you.

Ok Nigel, we''ve waited 6 weeks or so since the season ended. You''ve had your millionaires holiday in the sun, now give us something to get excited about. Everyones back fronm their holidays, pre-season starts in 2 or 3 weeks so lets have some new faces.

I am prepared to give him another chance for the start of the season (for 5-10 games), but he better deliver in the  transfer market. Brum do have more money,  but theyve snapped up kelly and jerome, sheff wednesday have been busy, leicester have added so its time to get busy.

We need some players for pre-season, so they can bed in and get use to the players etc. I dont expect everyone in by mid july or so, but don''t expect rushed signings late in august, with no pre-season there to help players bed in.

So Come on Nige, lets be havin you. (you never know he might just suprise us)

It could be that simple.  Indeed, I hope it is.  In all honesty I don''t think so.

There''s an air of stalemate about the place.  Greeno won''t be moving on after all, so if his fee was the basis of this summer''s transfer budget, what''s going to happen now?  Will the board free up some of the parachute money?  Or is it committed to "other projects"? 

Gents, I''m with you. The atmosphere that surounds the club needs a positive response.

I have lived the vast majority of my life in Sydney, I have viewed this site from afar, without feeling i had the right to contribute. Since returning to England in Sept 05 I have seen the canaries in the tense atmosphere at Carrow Rd, and viewed the insipid Burnley performance at Cheeky Monkeys, and feel that i can know join in.

The fans need the likes of Halford, Danns, Davenport, Johannson (free) to believe that the club and board is interested in returning to the top flight, sure i don''t know know the clubs transfer budget, but hell let''s not waste whatever money we do have.

.....and after just watching T&T, i think Carlos Edwards can play, in a position we very much need to fill.

so comon Nigel, Get on with it, or get out the way.

yeah agree about edwards looked very good we also got a mention on itv because of jonson coming on, i still think he could have done an alright job for us last season and he did seem to want to stay.

Mystic Megson, if we were relying on the transfer income from Greeno to fund our budget we should sue the FA over his injury, if the media are to be believed Liverpool are going to sue the French FA over the injury to Cisse and Man Utd have threatened to sue the FA if Rooney is played to early and breaks down in the World Cup.

A favourite hobby horse of the Worthy-knockers, our lack of transfer dealings in early summer.  The club do the transfer business in private, as they believe that they can get the best deal for their/our money that way. 

Who is to say that the majority of deals haven''t already been agreed in principle to occur at a certain date, and that the agreements have been made in private ?  For example, I strongly suspect that Jonaten Johannsen has already been offered a deal starting from pre-season training onwards, and just needs to sign to come aboard.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

A favourite hobby horse of the Worthy-knockers, our lack of transfer dealings in early summer.  The club do the transfer business in private, as they believe that they can get the best deal for their/our money that way. 

Who is to say that the majority of deals haven''t already been agreed in principle to occur at a certain date, and that the agreements have been made in private ?  For example, I strongly suspect that Jonaten Johannsen has already been offered a deal starting from pre-season training onwards, and just needs to sign to come aboard.

[/quote]

Why do you think a deal for Johanssen has been agreed? Worthy hardly played him towards the end of last season. much to my amazement! .

[/quote]

2 points BlahBlahBlah

1) Why would Nigel Worthington want to sign Jonaton Johanson when he didnt consider him good enough for a first XI place.  Add to that, he remained an unused substuitute in 3 of the last 4 games towards the end of the season. (he affected the 1 game he did play during this period 10 minutes vs QPR significantly)

2) why would he come here to sit on the bench as an unused substitute when he could easily get first team games elsewhere?

6(6) 3 goals  from the 16 games he could have played

last season we had Nigel Worthington and Neil Doncaster talking all the time about how we must give the players time to adapt.  A player like JJ2 comes in does a good job when played and may well have gotten better given time to adapt, and now we probably won''t sign him cos our manager doesnt rate him.

Andy Hughes (a player our Nigel Worthington rates)  gets nigh on 40 games during which time he proves himself utterly useless unyet we are stuck with him in the first team.

It just doesnt make sense.

[quote]1) Why would Nigel Worthington want to sign Jonaton Johanson when he didnt consider him good enough for a first XI place.[/quote]

Because you need more than 11 players in a squad.  To win the championship you need strength in depth, and with JJ2 at the end of his career and on a free, we can probably get him for less than the cost of last seasons'' loan.

[quote]2) why would he come here to sit on the bench as an unused substitute when he could easily get first team games elsewhere?[/quote]

Because he knows the staff and surroundings here, and also knows that he can do a job for us at this level.  Who is to say that he can''t do a similar job to Iwan in his last season here ?

[quote]and now we probably won''t sign him cos our manager doesnt rate him[/quote]

So the manager doesn''t rate players that don''t always make the first 11 ?  Gallacher has just signed for 2 years, with no guarantee that he will get first team football when Green recovers from injury.  According to your logic we wouldn''t have signed him because he didn''t make the first team for 2 seasons, therefore "the manager doesn''t rate him".  It doesn''t make sense.

And as for Andy Hughes, if Steve Foley was a scapegoat for the board, then Hughes is a scapegoat for the fans.  We played badly as a team last season, singling out players because they had particularly memorably bad performances is unfair, and if brought up continuously will knock the confidence of players you claim to support. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]and with JJ2 at the end of his career .[/quote]

He is 30 you fool.  He has a few years in him yet and I doubt he wants to be sitting on NCFC''s bench not getting used all season.........

[quote user="blahblahblah"]According to your logic we wouldn''t have signed him because he didn''t make the first team for 2 seasons, therefore "the manager doesn''t rate him".  It doesn''t make sense.[/quote]

we lost 2 of those 3 games he didnt play at the end of the season - unyet remained an unused substitute.  He is a really good player at this level as he had already shown us.  WHY WASNT HE USED MORE IF WORTHY ACTUALLY WANTS TO SIGN HIM.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Because he knows the staff and surroundings here, and also knows that he can do a job for us at this level.  Who is to say that he can''t do a similar job to Iwan in his last season here ?[/quote]

I think he is a good player whom was scandolously underused during his loan period.  Why would he want tio come somewhere where the manager won''t even bring him on when the team is losing and he is a striker!!!!!  If you think Johanson will come here when he could probably walk into any other championship side and actually get picked then you are seriously delusional I am afraid

And as for Andy Hughes, if Steve Foley was a scapegoat for the board, then Hughes is a scapegoat for the fans.  We played badly as a team last season, singling out players because they had particularly memorably bad performances is unfair, and if brought up continuously will knock the confidence of players you claim to support. 

[/quote]

When a player just is plain not good enough and a huge step down on what we have had before - Andy Hughes.  Or seemingly lethargic on the pitch - Dickson Etuhu,  I feel we as fans have a right to complain.  Especially when we have paid over 1 million pounds for the pair.

Hopefully Dickson Etuhu will come good next year if he pulls his finger out.  Hughes however is just plain rubbish and I find it shocking that he still got picked towards the end of the season considering he shows the abilities of a pub footballer.  The guy can''t even pass the ball!  To think he was our main target last summer!

I will eat my hat if Johanson actually decides to move here....  You must be a big worthy fan to have such delusional beliefs....

[quote]He is 30 you fool. [/quote]

And how old is Darren Huckerby ?  And who was in the paper saying that this season might be his last ?  It''s a young mans game if you don''t have the footballing brain of Teddy Sheringham.

[quote] If you think Johanson will come here when he could probably walk into any other championship side and actually get picked then you are seriously delusional I am afraid[/quote]

He could walk into any other championship side, but could he get regular games in a team with the potential to win the championship ?

[quote]I will eat my hat if Johanson actually decides to move here....[/quote]

I guess we''ll just have to wait and see.  But my main point of agreements in principle with players before they actually sign contracts still stands.  As far as you or I know, we might have 4 or 5 players already lined up to sign in a few weeks.

I guess we''ll just have to wait and see.  But my main point of agreements in principle with players before they actually sign contracts still stands.  As far as you or I know, we might have 4 or 5 players already lined up to sign in a few weeks.

[/quote]

I hope you are right, I also beleive we must have a couple of players lined up.  Lets hope they all arrive in time for a good pre-season, unlike the last couple of years.

Don''t get to carried away because according to an intervew with Steve Foley on the radio yesterday we were touting for a coach last season and still we haven''t got one.This highlights the point what comes first the new coach or new players. In the ideal situation the coach would be in post and then have some input into who comes into the club.

Lets not worry though the club have one of the brightest young managers and they also have our money.