Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Working with new players

And they take over a season to bed in.....  At least Hughes, Colin, Thorne and Etuhu do....  Its not just the fact they are crap and not very good players compared to those we have had here before like Mulryne, Holt, Francis and Edworthy.

Oh yeah but Francis was lazy wasnt he (and to think I remember him as being about 100 times the player Etuhu is from what I have seen of the lethargic viera lookalike)....  and  Holty was rubbish (altho many times better than Hooze, whom is utter gash).... FICKLE FANS.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And they take over a season

to bed in.....  At least Hughes, Colin, Thorne and Etuhu

do....  Its not just the fact they are crap and not very good

players compared to those we have had here before like Mulryne, Holt,

Francis and Edworthy.

Oh yeah but Francis was lazy wasnt he (and to think I remember him

as being about 100 times the player Etuhu is from what I have seen of

the lethargic viera lookalike)....  and  Holty was rubbish

(altho many times better than Hooze, whom is utter

gash).... FICKLE FANS.

[/quote]

Newsflash.

We are not Chelsea. Or Arsenal. Or Man U.

Not every player we sign is going to be the next Viera.

Get over it.

Yes, CJF - fickle indeed.

And I think you, as well as I, can remember the way that Gary Holt was treated by the NCFC fans at the end of his time here.... and I would hazard a guess that you were one of them trying to get him out. After his years of loyal service.

Mulryne was fat and liked burgers and porches, Francis only played for about 60% of each match and Edworthy lost his chance by turning down a contract. I would rather we hadn''t replaced them with the dross we now have, but that''s the way the cookie crumbles.

Or at least, that''s the way the NCFC fan grumbles. If Holt was still here he''d be getting the same stick that Hughes is now getting - remember Worthy''s undroppables?

CJF I seem to remember you being one of the people suggesting Holt was past his best. As for Mulryne everyone could see that his heart wasnt with the club anymore and as you have suggested about him in the past and now Robinson - he can only pass the ball sideways.And as for Francis - are you telling me you thought he played with fire and passion after January in the prem? Replacing him was never going to be easy because he was an absoloute find which is why Worthington did absoloutly everything he could to get him to stay and not only that but tried to get Etuhu in earlier.I think that if you are going to have this approach on all of our players - because to be honest with you I cant remember a single player that you have said anything possitive about, then maybe you do need to sit down and think things over a little.I didnt like last season one bit either and if we could get a new manager in that would change things around and get the team going again then fair play - I would not complain. At the same time I dont believe that it is totally beyond Worthingtons means to do it as well. Note that that doesnt read I want Worthington to stay - it reads I want things to improve whether that is under Worthington or someone else.But the one thing I will stop short of is being so neggative and slanderous agains my, our team. What kind of "support" is that? Most of the time you cant even find one person to blame, you blame Worthington, the players by picking them out one at a time, the board members one at a time, saying its Delias fault, saying its Doncasters fault, even Roy Waller gets it in the neck!So you can understand why some of us who have become labeled with a label that does not fit get angry with the so called "fans" that have stirred up a real mixture of frustration this year. And rather than try and pick out the similarities in peoples opinions that may actually gain you more support you pick on the differences.For example I think you will find that most people think we could have done better last season but thats not good enough for the Worthington out movement, they want everyone to think that last season was absolutely awful and that we nearly got relegated and that it was our worse season since being relegated from the prem the first time. All of which has been proven wrong.And now I am ready for the reply that says I am actually a Worthington supporter and not an outer although I have clearly stated that I am not particularily either which means to the Worthington out mob I may as well be a faither.I hope I am not the only one to feel this way!

Eddy didn''t turn down the contract offer though did he?  

I thought that what hapened was that Worthy made an offer, Eddy mulled over it for a few weeks eventually going back to say he would sign only for Worthy to say something like.....''too late son'' or words to that effect! So if anyone ''turned down the contract'' it was actually Worthy - that''s my recollection anyway 

You''ve all forgotten something important about transfers
Worthy found out about Bidnapper and he now uses it for all his transfer dealings. That''s how we got Earnie at the last moment: he was just about to resign himself to another six months on the bench when POW!! Worthy''s Bidnapper deadline expired, the winning bid of 2.405m and 51p (just in case) was emailed through and the opposition had no time to respond.

He''ll have done exactly the same, before heading off with his lilo, Jilly Cooper novels and suncream. He''s spent ages tapping all the details in. Then he relaxes by the pool, letting Bidnapper take care of all that stressful transfer activity.

It also enables him to have a good laugh at our expense as we all go mad about the lack of activity. "Ha ha I''ve got the sityouayshun well under controal notmean. Let''s just double check the bids ... £300,005.51 for Russell Perrett from Luton, big strong boy, do a job for us somewhere in defence; £450,009.51 for Giles Barnes, he''s not getting much of a look-in at Derby, sure we could bring him along, very versatile notmean; and £600,599.51 for Barry Hayles from Millwall, bit pricey but you have to pay for experience notmean, and I love buying strikers. There we are - £1.5m spent, team strengthened throughout, no fancy dans or bigname bigheads, all bids set to be made at 10pm on last day of the transfer window, job done game on turning corner notmean."

Taken off the Wrath courtesy of Old Git.

Chicken,

You''re not the only one to feel this way, just one of the few who tend to post on here.

Most of the people who post here seem to enjoy placing people in camps depending on the post they are responding to :

"Typical KTF rubbish", "such a WO comment" etc.

When the fact is that most Norwich supporters just want to see the team do well, but have differing views as to how improvements can be made, and therefore fall into neither camp.

Having said that, I do get fed up with the endless stream of negativity without argument to back it up that comes from some people.  When a player has failed to perform for any one of a number of possible reasons and left the club, it''s the managers'' fault that he couldn''t get the most out of the player.  When a player performs well, like Earnshaw has, it''s considered to be inspite of the manager, or the player is likely to run off to the next available Premiership team.  When the opposition close our attacking play down in a game, and we resort to the long ball, it''s not down to the inability of our attacking players, or the oppsition defending well, it''s the managers'' fault.  When the manager thanks people who stayed behind after the last game, the people who didnt stay behind take it as an insult and a slur on their character.

Next season is a new chapter.  Let''s not spoil it before it begins.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Chicken,

You''re not the only one to feel this way, just one of the few who tend to post on here.

Most of the people who post here seem to enjoy placing people in camps depending on the post they are responding to :

"Typical KTF rubbish", "such a WO comment" etc.

When the fact is that most Norwich supporters just want to see the team do well, but have differing views as to how improvements can be made, and therefore fall into neither camp.

Having said that, I do get fed up with the endless stream of negativity without argument to back it up that comes from some people.  When a player has failed to perform for any one of a number of possible reasons and left the club, it''s the managers'' fault that he couldn''t get the most out of the player.  When a player performs well, like Earnshaw has, it''s considered to be inspite of the manager, or the player is likely to run off to the next available Premiership team.  When the opposition close our attacking play down in a game, and we resort to the long ball, it''s not down to the inability of our attacking players, or the oppsition defending well, it''s the managers'' fault.  When the manager thanks people who stayed behind after the last game, the people who didnt stay behind take it as an insult and a slur on their character.

Next season is a new chapter.  Let''s not spoil it before it begins.

[/quote]

Agree entirely, especially with: -

"Most of the people who post here seem to enjoy placing people in camps depending on the post they are responding to :

"Typical KTF rubbish", "such a WO comment" etc."

That annoys me more than anything.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And they take over a season to bed in.....  At least Hughes, Colin, Thorne and Etuhu do....  Its not just the fact they are crap and not very good players compared to those we have had here before like Mulryne, Holt, Francis and Edworthy.

Oh yeah but Francis was lazy wasnt he (and to think I remember him as being about 100 times the player Etuhu is from what I have seen of the lethargic viera lookalike)....  and  Holty was rubbish (altho many times better than Hooze, whom is utter gash).... FICKLE FANS.

[/quote]

Newsflash.
We are not Chelsea. Or Arsenal. Or Man U.
Not every player we sign is going to be the next Viera.
Get over it.
[/quote]

He said LOOKALIKE, it doesn''t mean he wants him to play like him or expects him to play like him. Learn how to read.

Trouble is blahblah we have spoiled next season before it begins by keeping Worthless Worthington as manager , the man will prove beyond any doubt next season just what a crap manager he really is.

Thanks for proving my point in anorther thread about the prevalence of knee-jerk negativity with no real constructive argument in this forum.

[quote user="chicken"]

And as for Francis - are you telling me you thought he played with fire and passion after January in the prem? Replacing him was never going to be easy because he was an absoloute find which is why Worthington did absoloutly everything he could to get him to stay and not only that but tried to get Etuhu in earlier.

[/quote]

I agree with you, Francis seemed to lose heart in the premiership, but it did surprise me that Nigel tried so hard to keep hold of him and not Edworthy, Holt or Svensson.  These 3 players did sterling jobs for us in the championship the previous season, even though they were not of Premiership standard.

As for Etuhu, lets hope he starts to play next season as he has been nothing short of diabolical for us this year.  That may seem harsh on the guy but he really hasnt been up to the task.