Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Ashton for England

If Rooney doesn''t go I think Ashton (assuming he''s fit) should travel to Germany. He would be the ideal partner for Owen as he can can hold the ball up well & could create lots of chances for him. Also more than capable of scoring a few himself!! Any thoughts?

Yeah I got two comments on that:

England already have Crouch who is much better than Ashton for holding the ball up - plus Crouch is fit and at a sensible weight for a sportsman.

[quote user="shyster"]

Yeah I got two comments on that:

England already have Crouch who is much better than Ashton for holding the ball up - plus Crouch is fit and at a sensible weight for a sportsman.

[/quote]

Yeh, that maradonna bloke, Far too over weight to play the game wasnt he?

Size doesnt matter if u can produce the goods

jas :)

I really think he should be considered. Ashton for England. I believe Ashton is destined to play for England whether it be this world cup or the next euro''s he will become a england player.

England are only going to take 4 strikers (I think) and Ashton dosn''t appear to be high enough up the pecking order. Obviously Owen will be going (If he stays clear of injury), Rooney could still make it and Sven seems to favour the likes of Bent, Crouch, Defoe and Vassell (??!!).

If you think that''s silly then you may find the following statement completely daft: Huckerby should be included in the England squad as an option to play in Joe Cole''s place on the left wing, so that Cole may play along side Owen up front.

I was all for Ashton goiing if there were injuries untill recentley. He has struggle a bit foe west ham since february, and is also now injured.; Not this time, but i am sure he will be about in 2008 (if he can find that form)

I think he could do a job for England but it seems his attitude is questionable. Some extra cash would be good though for us if he goes!! I think our strikers will be Rooney(if fit), Crouch, Owen and then either Bent or Defoe or both if Rooney doesn''t make it with Beattie probably next in line.

I couldn''t agree more.

In the absence of Rooney the options are:

Darren Bent/ Jermaine Defoe - not good to play with Owen

Emile Heskey / James Beattie - have these people ever seen these guys play

Joe Cole - bit of a risk, keep him left midfield

Peter Crouch - good at dropping deep, holding the ball up, bringing others into play

Dean Ashton - as for Peter Crouch but a better finisher in my view. For me Dean Ashton is starting to look the complete striker now, and the closest we have to Teddy Sheringham in his prime. Dean Ashton must go to the world cup and be in the starting eleven.