Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

David Thompson

Just seen that David Thompson (former Liverpool and Blackburn) has been released by Wigan.

Just the sort of player we should look to bring in and solve our right midfield problem. He''s only 28, has plenty of experience and can actually take corners / free kicks so they are threatening.

I guess he is another player who will be considered to be ''to injury prone'' or ''his wages will be too much'' or ''his workrates not high enough'' or ''he''s not 6 foot 5 with a good engine'', but surely if we are to turn round the abysmal season that has just finished we need to bring in quality creative players and heres one available on a free!

Come on Nigel, get something right please!!!!!!!!!

Good call. Exactly what we need, creative midfielder that can play on the right and take set pieces. Even if Thompson was for sale for £500k, I would still say good value.

David Thompson , Andy hughes or Carlos Edwards. A bvery tricky decision! NOT!

Sign up thompson, now before its too late. He''ll be gone by July when worthy starts is shopping unfortunately.

[quote user="canarychris"]

Just seen that David Thompson (former Liverpool and Blackburn) has been released by Wigan.

Just the sort of player we should look to bring in and solve our right midfield problem. He''s only 28, has plenty of experience and can actually take corners / free kicks so they are threatening.

I guess he is another player who will be considered to be ''to injury prone'' or ''his wages will be too much'' or ''his workrates not high enough'' or ''he''s not 6 foot 5 with a good engine'', but surely if we are to turn round the abysmal season that has just finished we need to bring in quality creative players and heres one available on a free!

Come on Nigel, get something right please!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Has he been playing much? If he''s so good why a free transfer - why not offer a new contract?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

is he the one who used to play for Coventry too???

jas :)

[/quote]

Yep, i think he left them after the 01-02 season and then Blackburn bought him off Cov for a few million quid (i think thats right!)

this guy is superb! always liked him especially when at blackburn, will never get him tho, i bet worthy hasnt even thought of him...wish he read these boards