Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Sutton on a free

He''s been released...the perfect foil for Robbie E?

Would he come back to where it all began to end his career in a glorious run to the Prem?

Or overpaid, arrogant, not very good anymore?

Worthington has been quote as saying he wanted ''young and hungry'' stars (after Robbie Fowler was linked to us), neither Big Dunc or Sutton fit that bill - they''re made their money in football.  Sutton does like the area, so he is an outsider to come - but at his age, he''d only have half a season in him....

I''d much rather see a Jerome or Eastwood coming to Carrow Road

He could easily play a Dennis Bergkamp type role for us- sitting just behind Earnie and linking up Saffers or Mr Average (choose whichever) in midfield.

But I''ve said it once and I''ve said it before- its not more players we need as a priority (except a decent holding midfielder and a proper  right winger) its getting the most out of what we already have. That means a complete overhaul of the backroom before even touching the playing squad.

I''d love to see Sutton back here, but not at the expense of Delia and Co sorting out the rest of the coaching and managerial team now that Foley has gone.

Yes agree we should sign him because he was the target man we need, I am sure he would love to play for Norwich again and also drop his wages, also consider his age, he can still do a good job in the Championship!!!

He wouldn''t come here, because being more of a legend than Worthy, it would upset the managers huge ego and he''d be scared stiff to sign anyone like that.

[quote user="essexcanary"]

get him in now

great asset to have, not sure bout wages though

[/quote]

No problem.

Wages are not "real money" according the to the KFTs when working out the Ashton transfer profits.

[quote user="3canaries"]

Worthington has been quote as saying he wanted ''young and hungry'' stars (after Robbie Fowler was linked to us)

[/quote]Young and hungry just like Peter Thorne. Sadly our manager has a warped idea about what young and hungry means. You have to remember that in the final 5 games when we had nothing to play for he claimed he would give the youngsters a chance. So why is it we saw Ryan Jarvis disappear completely from the squad, Henderson get a very limited chance yet again out of position. All when players like Simon Charlton and JJ2 get a place on the bench when its certain that one won''t be here next season and the other won''t have been impressed by his involvement. I do think that signing Sutton would be a positive move for the club and would raise the morale of the supporters. The problem we have is that Ryan Jarvis and player who could grow into a similar sort of player as Ashton/Sutton/Svensson/Roberts and play a big role hasn''t been given his chance to shine. Had he have got the experience, the signing Sutton wouldn''t have been such a risk as we would have had a young player to serve as back up and be able to come on when Chris was starting to feel the pace of the game as no doubt he would.