Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Jarrett's parting shot

So Jarrett becomes the second player to leave and deliver a ''parting shot'' at the manager.

You never expect a player who leaves under somewhat acrimonious circumstances to leave peacefully but Jarrett should really consider how much he actually did when he managed to get onto the pitch - NOTHING.

[quote user="Maverick"]

So Jarrett becomes the second player to leave and deliver a ''parting shot'' at the manager.

You never expect a player who leaves under somewhat acrimonious circumstances to leave peacefully but Jarrett should really consider how much he actually did when he managed to get onto the pitch - NOTHING.

[/quote]

6 starts scattered over the season doesnt really count as much of a chance.  Andy Hughes has had 40 starts and he has managed to do very little good and a huge amount of crap AND has proved huimself an utterly useless clown.  Dickson Etuhu had a run, and looked the worst player in a city shirt for a long while.

[quote user="Maverick"]

[/quote]

well to be fair

read his comments, he was under confident, the manager wasnt helping and things were just getting worst.

He was only doing what the manager said, and as he says was never given a full chance

im dissapointed as we all know what he did for wigan, and it is worthingtons fault that he never did it for us

How the manager can get away with this in any job i dont know, but somehow worthington does...... shows how crap our board really are

Didnt the report on him in the summer say that he only played the last couple of games for Wigan last year as he was out injured?I have to say that for me Charlton has more of a case - when you consider he is 34 and was played out of position in places where buckets of pace are useful, you cant argue with that.Jarrett played three games in a row in central midfield - his favoured position - and didnt overwelmingly impress. Remember this was a guy who had a full pre-season behind him. No although I am alarmed a little by certain points which he mentions the same as Charlton I feel less for him than Charlie who didnt play that badly out of position especially against Sheff Utd. Its been said before - and I say it to the players in my team. If you on the bench or given a start when your not usualy given one your aim must be to be utterly fantastic. If I came off the bench with ten fifteen minutes to go - I knew that I can run around like a madman for that long so I would - harrying players 100% of the time, winning the ball and attacking.If you start you should be looking for a man of the match performance to cement your place in the team when the other players come back in. Thats how it works. He didnt impress and it obviously wasnt the right move for him.I will say though that it must have been awful coming back from Plymouth - a hugely well supported team who were doing a lot worse than us, where the fans got right behind him and where he could at least try to play with confidence - back to Carrow Road where people were waiting for a mistake, barracking the team and manager and generally not providing the sort of atmosphere for him to settle down and play well to.

Chicken, hear what you say but Worthy did bring Jarrett to Norwich, and presumably made some promises about his role here, why else would you turn down the opportunity of playing in the Prem. Jarrett was not given a fair crack of the whip, and he is no worse than Hughes or Etuhu.

Chicken, why don''t you stop trying to "lay eggs" in the hope that life will burst through. Jarrett, in leaving, had ample opportunity to dump on the fans if he chose to do so. He did not. His stated his issue as being with Worthington. He had favourable comments for the other players. He said Worthington had told him he would be  a big part of the team. In leaving, he wished Worthington had given him a "fair" opportunity to show the Norwich fans what he is capable of. 

Whether Jarrett''s opinions are correct or not, they are his opinions. So why do you feel you know better than Jarrett by putting your spin on things and once again, dumping on fellow fans, while defending Nigel Worthington?

The thing I find confusing about Jarrett.......Is why his performances immediately improved - whilst on loan playing for Plymouth and Preston?

Absolutely nothing to do with the NCFC board and its quality manager and coaching staff!

Whilst wearing my tunnel visioned & yellow tinted bi-focal spec''s - I can see that the club and KTF''s are all squeaky clean! KTF''s and club employee''s always carry a spotless handkerchief - and wash their hands after using the loo. They never use knives to eat their peas off the plate with, continuously smile, never use expletives and always say please & thankyou. They don''t tell porkie''s either -  so they''re vindicated! 

Me? I blame the ''Wordy Outhouses!'' Yeah, it was all their fault.......all their griping and whingeing and threatenin'' nurses and senior citizen''s! I''ve seen ''em pinchin'' cherubic and innocent KTF canary youngster''s sweets and pop, an'' pullin'' and gurnin'' faces at lovely Delia and Micky Wynn! I also saw a ''Wordy Outhouse'' refuse to buy a programme, and then he walked straight past the club shop without even a cursory glance - at the most excellent merchandise on display within! All the ''Wordy Outhouses'' are selfish and anti-club, because the get their pies and drinks from Morrison''s before the match! Sometimes, the WO''s of all age and sexes, stand around in intimidating groups smilin'' & singin'' and pretending to be sociable, non-confrontational and nice! (Don''t you believe it!)............''Allegedly'' somebody (who''s name ''skips'' my memory) said all the ''Worthy Outhouses'' are all tagged and on Asbo''s! They also fight amongst themselves, have dirty fingernails, go banger racin'' and stuff and they all smoke, gamble and waste their benefit money on alcoholic drink!  

So! Mr ''ex-canary'' Jarrett! "Get real!"  Why don''t you tell it how it really is! It''s the scourge of the "Worthy Outhouses!" that are the major disruptive problem with this club! Let''s all "KEEP THE FILTH!" with infinite infinity, onwards and horizontal, ''prudence with ham bits on'' -  ON THE FALL CITY! [H]

"Wordy Outhouses" are nasty and much more nastier & worser than ''Cybermen and Daleks!''........FACT!  And before anyone asks! NO! "I''m not off my trolley!" I''m as sane as the next KTF''rrrrrrrrrr........wibble.....[:|] ;~)       

[quote]

im dissapointed as we all know what he did for wigan, and it is worthingtons fault that he never did it for us

How the manager can get away with this in any job i dont know, but somehow worthington does...... shows how crap our board really are

[/quote]

Would you have been one of the fans booing Andy Hughes''s every move AJ ?

And then you wonder why a player with low confidence wasn''t picked ?

Playing in front of an uncertain crowd doesn''t really do wonders for yuor confidence, especially if you''re already low.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Playing in front of an uncertain crowd doesn''t really do wonders for yuor confidence, especially if you''re already low.

[/quote]

More KTF rubbish.

Do you have to blame the fans for everything that happens on the pitch.

Jarret was never booed. The fact he played well for two other teams should be a huge red flag for our current management team.

The funny thing is that the games where the crowd at carrow road started protesting we actually ended up winning.

Maybe the crowd should boo more!

Here is a hint to the rabid KTF. You cannot blame everything on the fans.

The reason they are upset is because of what is happening on the pitch.

[/quote]

[/quote] How can you make that sort of assumption? Where in AJs post did he indicate anything you have just said?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Worthy did bring Jarrett to Norwich, and presumably made some promises about his role here, why else would you turn down the opportunity of playing in the Prem. [/quote]

This is something I never understood with Jarrett - why did he turn down the chance to play in the Prem ? Were Wigan really as keen to keep hold of him as we were led to believe or did they know they were selling us a pup ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok then, to clear this up

No i wasnt one of the fans who booed Andy''s every move

Im not wondering that, im wondering why he was never given a chance?, why he was dropped every match without really getting a chance to make in impact and settle into the squad?, why he is the best midfielder at the club bar safri and yet still fails to get a place ahead of Andy Hughes who has not played any better than Jarrett did?, why he could manage to do so well out of this club yet under nigel he couldnt?

and why we still have Nigel as manager despite the two recent departures stating what is going on behind the scenes.

Unbelievable if you ask me

now answer some of those Blahblahblah

Well we are always being told how much the players are behind Worthless , two have left and two have had a pop at him , how many more are unhappy with our hapless manager .

Theres no smoke without fire!Worthington has no ability with comunication , tactics or any sensible ideas that players can understand They all seem to think he talks in tongues or some little known gibberish.Everyone who goes appears to be glad to get back to the real footballing world or anywhere miles away from Worthingtons world of  fantasy .Many of these worthless buys were reasonable players before he got his hands on them but he manages somehow to get the worst out of them.On  purely the percentage basis it prooves beyond doubt he is the major problem and totally to blame.He has no time for youngsters ,so just what is his direction?We have not heard the last of these player comments and better revelations could be ready to blow at any time.What would he have done to the careers of Walcott,Rooney,Shearer and Henry? Worthington the earth is not flat,its been prooved by better educated people than you !