Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Jimmy Bullard

I know he has nothing to do with Norwich but is anyone else suprised that he is joining Fulham? I would have though Wigan was the place to be at the moment, so why is he joining a club who always hovers above relegation?

Played for our reserves a couple of times when his contract with West Ham was due to expire as I recall.

We never did anything and Peterborough nipped in and got him.

[quote user="GreenoForEngland"]and he does have a Norwich connection, didnt he do something with our youth team?.[/quote]

We had him on trial about 4 years ago and good old nigel didnt think he was hgood enough. Another great transfer move from Mr worthington, if only we had a player like bullard in the prem last year (when francis wasnt performing) and this season.

It is family in london and bigger wages as the attraction apparently

Jimmy is a london boy and as such I think he wants to head south again.....

He has been excellent for us this season, but in the invervew with PJ yesterday he said that he thought Jimmy would have stayed if Wigan would match the wages Fulham were offering. PJ quite rightly said he would not be held to ramsom so Jimmy is off to Fulham. To me it seems like he has gone for the cash, similar to Ellington last year who is now about to be relegated with West Brom.

I do have to ask how much agents play in all this putting things into players heads about how they could do better elsewhere. Lets just hope that your ex player Damian Francis follows him out the door this summer.

Higher Wage

He''s back home in London

But still i''d have stayed at Wigan considering now they are secured in the prem for another season he could have easily secured a new contract

[quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]

Jimmy is a london boy and as such I think he wants to head south again.....

He has been excellent for us this season, but in the invervew with PJ yesterday he said that he thought Jimmy would have stayed if Wigan would match the wages Fulham were offering. PJ quite rightly said he would not be held to ramsom so Jimmy is off to Fulham. To me it seems like he has gone for the cash, similar to Ellington last year who is now about to be relegated with West Brom.

I do have to ask how much agents play in all this putting things into players heads about how they could do better elsewhere. Lets just hope that your ex player Damian Francis follows him out the door this summer.

[/quote] WW, I''d be interested to get your take on Francis.

First half of last season he was magnificent for us*, then after the January window closed he went AWOL basically.  We don''t know exactly why, possibly he wanted a move at Christmas but the club wouldn''t let him go.

* when he wasn''t injured with a broken cheekbone, sustained in a training ground collision with Leon McKenzie which may or may not have been accidental.   

For the rest of the season he did just enough eyecatching stuff in most games to get his mostly young and gullible fan club onside, then disappeared.   I don''t need to remind you what happened to us on the final day of last season at Craven Cottage.  Francis did not just fail to turn up, he might as well have been playing for Fulham in the way he showed their strikers through.  (You can tell I''m still angry.)  He appeared to think that Fulham and/or Charlton were just dying for his services, but was too thick to realise that if he played like that in front of Chris Coleman, he might not be too impressed.

IMO he is on the make, and is determined to prostitute his undoubted talent to the highest bidder with his agent as the pimp.  He won''t care how many times he moves as long as he gets a cut of the fee.  I am not usually so cynical, as I believe most footballers love money but love football even more.  He is an exception.  He is bad news.