Sign in to follow this  
fat lip

Lap of (Dis)honour

The ''Worthy Out'' protest on Sunday urging fans to snub the lap of (dis)honour is spot on, as it effectively means making no effort and doing nothing different to any other game, just leaving at the usual time.

This time it forces the KTF''s to actually make some effort to show some support for our incompetent leader.

This will show the board will see how much support he has actually got at this club

sorry fat lip i have to disagree about the ktf''ers - you''re looking at things as very black and white. all of those who blame the manager and not the players will stay, but thats not an endorsement of the board or nigel, those with kids generally stay too.

i may have got this totally wrong, but i think that worthyout.co.uk will shoot themselves in the foot with this one - what happens if there are say 15,000 left - the ktf''ers will slap ''silent majority'' everywhere.

If its been a bad game, I can''t see any player wishing to face a lap round the pitch, a quick clap and run down the tunnel. A good performance and win will probably get us a half hearted lap round the pitch....it could get a bit embaressing for the players though especially if they get large sections of the crowd chanting worthy out. If we''ve won though I can''t really see that happening.

My reaction to the final whistle will depend entirely on how the team have played for the previous 90 minutes. If they have put in a good performance I will stay and applaud them, if they haven''t I will leave as usual.

Totally disagree......The protest is to get worthy out, not to lowing the players

If the players have there lap of honour and no one is there, how is that gonna make them feel. Whoever does this could lead to players leaving. Player morale would go so far down the players might think why bother.

If I was at the last match, I would stay just to thank the players!

depends on the game for me aswell. if they play really well then i''ll stay. looks like i will be going then! lol

If they do their lap of honour and nobody is there it may just make them realise how inept they have been since day 1 .Anyway the players are not stupid they know what the protests are about , one man Nigel Worthington.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]If they do their lap of honour and nobody is there it may just make them realise how inept they have been since day 1 .Anyway the players are not stupid they know what the protests are about , one man Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

....sorry, did I miss something - they are footballers! Although in relative terms, Tic-Tac, perhaps not...

I''ll be staying after the final whistle whatever (well, unless we get absolutely battered). I have to be honest and say that I really don''t know whether he should go because I don''t have a great deal of faith in the board appointing anyone much better at the moment. With that in mind, and the low numbers of home games I get to, I will be there early to see the players awards and will stop after the game to see what happens. That said, I won''t be going to the away season ticket holders party this year simply because I can''t see what there is to go for. Having sat through nearly all of our away perfromances this year, I''d imagine there will be some disgruntled fans wanting a word with the board members that attend.

OTBC

Don''t get me wrong I''m as disappointed as most of you but this sort of premeditated nonsense makes me consider where the dishonour actually resides !

Too many people getting their pleasure from showing their displeasure and so determined are they to prove they''re the best "Worthy-Outers" that they would show complete contempt and spoil the day for those who don''t share their views.

I think its already been made abundantly clear to the board how much support NW has at this club.

Unfortunately, its also been made abundantly clear how puerile and fickle many of their fans can be.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Don''t get me wrong I''m as disappointed as most of you but this sort of premeditated nonsense makes me consider where the dishonour actually resides !

Too many people getting their pleasure from showing their displeasure and so determined are they to prove they''re the best "Worthy-Outers" that they would show complete contempt and spoil the day for those who don''t share their views.

I think its already been made abundantly clear to the board how much support NW has at this club.

Unfortunately, its also been made abundantly clear how puerile and fickle many of their fans can be.

[/quote]

''Fickle'' - Simon Charlton in midfield!!!  somebody was having a laugh with that one...

spoil the day - well our underacheiving players and numptey of a negative manager have started that before.

Get you head out of the sand and look at the sort of decisions our work rate manager has been making, Johanson and Rayman!!!  how much money WASTED on them two??

In september he was ''happy with the midfield'' when all and sundry saw a problem, a month later and Etuhu and Robinson plundered some money from our club for doing nothing.....

Sorry to burst the bubble, but plenty of times in the past most of the upper barclay, where I sit, has been pretty empty by the time the lap of honour has taken place, wherever we''ve finished in the league - plenty of people have places to get to rather than waiting behind.  If it happens this again season, I would not see it it either as an indicator for or against Worthy. 

I myself am in neither camp but will probably decide there and then whether I will stay behind - our performance and the weather will be contributing factors in this, not some vendetta against the manager. I''ll have a 3hr drive to look forward to after the game either way, and if we have been stuffed I will be looking to get out asap!!