Sign in to follow this  
Ou Est Anselin?

Is this a 'dodgey rumors?'

First of all, I appriciate that these may or may not be true, I am simply passing on what I have heard.

I know someone involved with the club and they told me several pieces of trivia. First of all both Ashton and McVeigh hate Worthington and his seemingly lack of skills. This was one of the main reasons why Ashton proceeded to leave the club. However the main info he passed on was that the club has already arranged for Worthington to leave at the end of the season and that is why nothing has been done as yet.

Just thought I would pass it on and i must stress, this is not intended to be a anti-worthington post.

Worthy, if you need some help with your luggage about 20,000 city fans will help you!

The way it says "and his seemingly lack of skills" makes me think it''s just a WO''er with nothing better to do (I say this but i''d like it if his right)

I have been privileged to hear some City news prior to it happening, and I can back up that (and I stress) APPARENTLY Ashton didnt get on with Worthy (or much of the rest the team apparently), but nothing about McVeigh.

As for Worthy going?  I would love to see him be replaced by Curbishley if he did go.

One ''rumour'' I have heard is.....  wait for it........ the board are lining up a management team of Ian Crook and Mark Bowen. Make of it what you will

Would love this to be true and for Mike Newell or PP from Colchester to get the job but I just can''t see it.

Mind you MW won his last two home games 5-0 and still left ''by mutual consent''!

There was absolutely nothing at last weeks SCG meeting with the club to give this rumour any kind of credence (alledgedly) with all the talk being ....''the board have made their decision so why are the fans still protesting'' and ''is finishing 7th really that bad''? It would be a U turn of the most amazing proportions if Worthy were to leave now (unless of course he has just decided to jack it in).

Whilst the football was much better today, I can''t support the view of one poster who said that Wolves were ''very poor and ordinary''. I thought they played arguably some of the best football seen here this season. Every player looked comfortable on the ball, in true Hoddle fashion there was football played from back up to front and they definitely deserved the points. Both goals were well created and beautifully put away.

Worthy''s post match interview  on Rodeo Norfolk was a disgrace and very depressing. Apart from Darren Ward and Charlie leaving he wants to ...''add to what I''ve already got here'' - so that''s alright then!! Reasons for not doing better were put down to ''injuries'' and ''players not wanting to be here''. Perhaps Worthy should stop and ask himself why Ashton ever wanted to come here in the first place if he became so desperate to leave? That of course is the whole crux of the matter, we have a manager who accepts mediocrity on the field and a Board who accept mediocrity from their footballing management team. Until we break that particular cosy little circle we will continue to slide into midtable obscurity.  

Probably is mixture of wishful thinking and dodgy rumour - although I heard the same rumour re worthy at both the last home game as well as this one.

hey guys i am currently in australia and as you know Ian Crook is an assistant manager at Sydney FC.  Anyway i was watching a football show on tv the other day in which Ian Crook was a guest host, and during the conversation he was hinting that he may be moving back to England as there has been "discussions with an old club".  Maybe he was talking about coming back and teaming up with Bowen.