Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Shackell out

Had an op on his ankle but will hopefully be fit for the start of next season.

Spillane partnering Doc please and cave-brown at right back?

Give him a chance to earn some of his reputed £4500 pw wage we have been footing.

But as he will not be here next season I cant see the point in playing him Jas.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Give him a chance to earn some of his reputed £4500 pw wage we have been footing.

But as he will not be here next season I cant see the point in playing him Jas.

[/quote]

yes, zesh rehmann, three months all expenses paid broadland holiday...i bet he''s even got his own boat...

Maybe Simon Charlton will get promotion from the bench! It will be the best bit of forward planning yet! Can''t understand why he was on the bench last week as he is leaving in the summer so whats the betting he makes the team Sunday? Worthy wouldnt be that stupid, would he? 

it should definately be one of the youth.

No point playing Rehman as nobody gains anything from it as he is a Fulham player and he has probably gone back already

I don''t really have an opinion on this matter but I can see both sides of the argument.  I personally would like to see Spillane play because as people have already said, he is going to be here next year and Rehman is not.  What I would like to say though in reference to bringing Rehman in when we did is that I would guess Shacks and The Doc have played a whole lot better as a result of the added competition knowing that if they have a few bad games, there is the possibility that Rehman would play at their expense if either dipped in form.  However with nothing to play for (apart from beating Wolves) we have to build for the future and regardless of Rehman''s wage packet I think you have to give Spillane a chance in a position in which is regarded as one of his favourites to see what he can do. 

Hi Zipper,

You may want that selection (if Spillane is fit), I may want it and most fans may want it but would Worthy want it??

Personally, I wouldn''t be at all surprised if Charlie made a farwell in the middle with Flem at right back! That would be Worthy planning for the future of course. 

[quote user="if youre rubbish and you know it clap your hands"]I would have thought it would be a farewell Flem job...[/quote] Is Fleming out of contract at the end of the season or do you think he will be released if not?? There doesn''t seem much point now in keeping him. He could still do a very useful job for a League one or two side if he doesn''t mind dropping down the leagues but he''s past it now I think at Championship level. He played well at right back but that was only ever going to be a short term solution.

I''d like to see Rehman given a game and for us to sign him because I was impressed but I doubt that''s going to happen. Therefore I hope Spillane and Cave Brown are given a game or maybe Matthew Halliday - I think he''s a centre back isn''t he??

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id l;ike to see Zesh Rehman given 1 more game..

jas :)

[/quote]

I agree with you Jas! Doc and Rehman. Also given Cave-Brown a run.

I''m glad Shacks had his op now so he''ll be fully fit for next season!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

[quote user="if youre rubbish and you know it clap your hands"]I would have thought it would be a farewell Flem job...[/quote] Is Fleming out of contract at the end of the season or do you think he will be released if not?? There doesn''t seem much point now in keeping him. He could still do a very useful job for a League one or two side if he doesn''t mind dropping down the leagues but he''s past it now I think at Championship level. He played well at right back but that was only ever going to be a short term solution.

I''d like to see Rehman given a game and for us to sign him because I was impressed but I doubt that''s going to happen. Therefore I hope Spillane and Cave Brown are given a game or maybe Matthew Halliday - I think he''s a centre back isn''t he??

[/quote]

i think fleming will be kept for one more season. its good to have an experienced head like him in the dressing room even if he doesn''t play much. i doubt spillane will make it, so it might well be charlton in the centre. it would only be fair to see him off properly, wouldn''t it? i hope charlton plays at least a half, so he can be thanked for his contribution over the past 2 years. he may be a bit past it now, but he has tried hard, played some really good games, and wasn''t bad at all at the start, and when he''s been played in position.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Had an op on his ankle but will hopefully be fit for the start of next season.

Spillane partnering Doc please and cave-brown at right back?

[/quote]

Agree with you Cave-Brown should be given a chance, he''s done well on the reserves, maybe you think the level of the reserves was different from the first team, but if you played an inexperienced player on the full-back, it won''t affect much because you still have the center-half to recover.

Given the lack of centre backs at the club and flems experience I do not see why we should be disposing of flem during the summer - he will give us some decent cover behind doc and shacks with spillance etc as options too and would mean the limited transfer budget could be spend where its needed most rather than signing another centre back.    If it is a farewell it would add to the list of mistakes by the manager/club IMO.