Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Nigel Worthington's Comments...

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington:

"It''s disappointing but there''s nothing you can do about it.

"After (the two own goals) I thought both teams gave it a good go in

difficult conditions and it was a typical Championship game.

"It was one of our better away performances and but for the own goals, we possibly could have got something from the game."

I think there is a lot you can do about it. SACK HIM!!!

How many of you were surprised to hear these post match comments (or have we all got used to this by now?) especially when throughout Neil Adams had been saying what a terrible game it was - from both teams. Roll on the end of the season.

Those 500 or so supporters who made another long trip up the M6 deserve a medal, or at least are more deserving of an end of season award than whoever wins ''Player of The Year''. Such dedication from all the away support this season has been tremendous.

Especially after Neil Adams and everyone I have listened to have said that it was one of the worst away performances all season and yet NW still comes on the radio and says he was pleased with Work Rate and Committment.  What about skill, passing and having a pop at goal.  These three things may actually see us win a game away from home. 

Rediculous! Its like saying "yeah if you were to have taken out the minutes where Preston scored we''d have been fine" absolutely daf! I feel powerless to remove him and its making me so down, i even want to stay away from football altogether!

Neil Adams thought it was the worst of the season didnt he?

The problem we have is that delia is in control, loves worthless and doesnt have a clue about football. I mean she hears NW say we played well and will believe him and so see nothing wrong.

Please not, i wasnt at the game, didnt listen to the radio and am just going on what i have been told Neil Adams and callers said. If we did actually play well and it was one of our better away games i apologise but i doubt it.

I didn''t go but listened on the radio thankfully.  Nigel Worthington lives in his own dream world along with a few posters on this website who still believe we should back him and have him as our manager at the start of next season.  Well to Dicky and all we have continued to support the team.  As most of the posters on this site have said for months we were never going to get into the play offs with this manager, and after today''s result that is now a reality.

When the game''s not live on telly, and when we''re playing away from home and only 500 people are there to witness it, Worthy can spin whatever codswallop he likes about the performance. Believe me, compared to today''s display, against Burnley we looked like world-beaters.

For having the sheer brass-necked audacity to describe the game like he has, my stance on Nigel Worthington has changed; I no longer feel he should have the option for a noble resignation; all he deserves is to turn up for work on Monday morning to find his desk and chair thrown into Morrison''s car park.

Worthy thought this was one of our best away performances?The Sunday Times thought....''Never mind the fact that the Canaries played as though they had

contracted bird flu and did not look remotely interested in making this

any kind of meaningful contest.''Taxi (make that packhorse) for Worthington!

[quote user="seedyrom"]

When the game''s not live on telly, and when we''re playing away from home and only 500 people are there to witness it, Worthy can spin whatever codswallop he likes about the performance. Believe me, compared to today''s display, against Burnley we looked like world-beaters.

For having the sheer brass-necked audacity to describe the game like he has, my stance on Nigel Worthington has changed; I no longer feel he should have the option for a noble resignation; all he deserves is to turn up for work on Monday morning to find his desk and chair thrown into Morrison''s car park.

[/quote]his brass neck is further tarnished after another abject display against preston.

[quote user="Editor of Milk"]Worthy thought this was one of our best away performances?The Sunday Times thought....''Never mind the fact that the Canaries played as though they had

contracted bird flu and did not look remotely interested in making this

any kind of meaningful contest.''Taxi (make that packhorse) for Worthington![/quote]the Independent said:  ...''feeble norwich.''   ''norwich, without an away win in 2006, were awful.''  ''their return to the championship has been miserable although their manager, Nigel Worthington, said "preston had the rub of the green, otherwise we might have got something." '' - yeah Right - sound like we got what we deserved.

There is only one HOOF required at Carrow Road at the moment and it has to be in the direction of dear old nigel worthington!!!!!

Well I hope that two of his banal post match statements on Radio Norfolk are prophetic:-

No.1  "You dont always get what you want in football"  i.e. Worthy doesn''t get to milk the Norwich city ''gravy train'' for another season.

No.2  "You''ve got to take the rough with the smooth" i.e. the old ''tin tack'' and your P45 Worthy.

This post is spot on - every norwich fan I''ve spoken to today echo''s these comments - whatever is that man on. Every paper, fan who went and radio commentator says it was awful and Worthless continues to claim it''s good.

This needs to be picked up by the local papers and acted upon - anyone got a contact? The EDP/EEN need to stop sucking up to Delia and start telling it the way it is - an awful manager who has made terrible signings and cannot see what''s wrong with the displays his team have made this year