Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Things we don't see anymore

the football league review in the middle of the programme and main standers throwing cushions on the pitch (and the green cushions)

I wasnt old enough to remember it but my friends Dad said that back in the day ncfc fans use to sing " your going in the river" which must have been class!

yes, "you''re going in the river" used to be sung at the opposition supporters only when we were losing. So, it doesn''t stand much chance of a revival these days does it!

That St Johns band that used to struggle through the mud in the 80''s, at half time. I particuarly remember this at the time that the stand had burned down and the band used to emerge from the corner of the River end / City Stand. At the back there was a big bloke that used to play the bass drum, who was never in step with the others....

Oh and getting lifted over the turnstiles as a kid without paying and sitting in between the grown ups on the bench seats in the south stand....

(and going back on the beard theme I think Micky Droy was the biggest player I ever saw at City, one night playing for Palace, with full beard, he scared me from 100 yrds away)

The corner bit where the club shop is now. I remember selling Golden Goal tickets there and meeting loads of people there.

A dog on the pitch.
Did people used to take their dogs to matches or what?

A waving sea of yellow and green scarves from one end of the Barclay to the other whilst singing OTBC s l o w l y.

Things we wont see anymore

Highfield Road
Gresty Road
Priestfield
Portaloo Road
Millmoor
Turfmoore
etc etc etc..

Colin W*****
Big Fat Joe
Ronnie Moore
all the above on our turf!!!

ah yes, the police dog display teams, how can we forget them, we just don''t get that sort of quality entertainment anymore

away fans in the river, thanks for reminding me - i tell my two kids about the old days and they don''t believe things like that used to happen

and thank god, gerry harrison isn''t allowed to happen anymore lol

I''ve always had my doubts about the way those police dogs were trained. did they grow up believing that all villains had huge padded right hands?

am told by my father that the away fans used to be let out 20 minutes beofre the rest to give them achance to leg it before the home fans would chase them and throw them into the river.how true is this,??