Good-natured pitch invasions
Post-match tv interviews in the dressing room
10 minute half times

A match without at least one ill tempered melee
Football to the tune of ''The Life of Riley''
Saint and Greavsie
Our keeper pretending to heatbutt the crossbar
Elton Welsby

The chaps carrying the scoreboard round the perimeter of the pitch. Anyone remember the 6-1 demolition of Watford? No sooner had they done one lap than they had to start again.

Oh, and Dean Coney. Thank God.

People selling snacks and drinks from a tray hung over their shoulders walking round the ground so you didn''t have to Q up and miss the first few minutes of the second half.

Not forgetting the guy who was about 400 years old and walked around the pitch with a trolley shouting "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets, hot drinks, cold drinks".

The Mr Men style characters celebrating a goal on the electronic scoreboard.

Police tape cordoning off the back of the centre pen in the Barclay until 2 mins before kick-off.

Scarves tied round wrists / Wristbands.

Those little numbered sock tie ups.

Father and sons walking to the ground carrying milk crates.

Bobble hats.

Rossette and badge sellers outside the ground, as a young lad I once bought a Sunderland badge adjacent to Carrow Bridge, still don''t why to this day, spooky that eh?.

We dont see clint easton in a norwich shirt and i for one think its an absoulte discrace. BRING BACK THE BEST LEFT WINGER WE''VE EVER HAD!

Yeah I remember the old guys who said "sweeeeeeeets" in a high pithced voice very well, I think he was a little deaf cos when I asked for a packet of polo''s and a marathon (re-named snickers for those young folk) he sold me 2 aero''s and a mars - true story. So in our household he is still affectionatly known as 2 aero''s and a mars.

To answer the subject question, short shorts, like the asics ones of the late 80''s

soon we''ll be able to include portaloo road as they will be in a different division

Footballers with full beards Micky Droy, Graham Paddon and George Berry, to name a few. I don''t count any of the Pires type pencil lines or Rivers bum fluff. Goalkeepers without gloves, open air toilets and football special trains.

I remember during John O''Neils testimonial when Gunny had gone up front and Flecky had gone in goal our little Scotsman "borrowing" some Mars bars off the "sweeeeeeeeeeets" man, throwing some into the crowd before munching on one himself as he lent on the post.....pure class....

Cushions being thrown at the ref from the "Old" "Old" Main Stand - I remember going to a a game against Villa with my Dad when I was knee high to the "Sweeeeeets" man... when Ron Saunders was pelted at full time!

How could we forget "sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets".

I have fond memories of my Dad taking me to reserve matches (many moons ago & my family was poor) and joining in with the crowd to chant "sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets" right back at him - which he seemed to enjoy!

Echoing other posts - Does anyone know what happened to him?

Here''s a few
People walking around the ground with a blanket for supporters to throw their hard earned cash in to keep City solvent.
Being passed over peoples heads to sit on the railings at the front of the south stand
Being lifted over turnstiles so my dad didnt have to pay for me.
Charlie Wright the Charlton goalkeeper hanging upside down from the crossbar when the ball was up the other end.and handing coins that had been thrown at him to youngsters.
Lads racing to the centre circle to place yellow and green Ballons on the spot,only to have an opposing supporter run on and burst them.
Being charged a penny to leave your bike in someones garden while you went to the game.

Match of the Day on a Saturday night (though that will soon change!)

Robert Fleck and Ian Crook (more''s the pity)

That guy against Birmingham at home a few years back, who threw his shirt on the pitch in disgust after we went 3-0 down, then realised that it''d cost him forty quid, so ran onto the pitch to get it, only to be chased by stewards. He eventually slipped over and was caught somewhere near the half way line after trying to change direction a little too sharply! Comedy....

Jumpers for goalposts? Isn''t it? Mmmmm. Marvellous!

OK just a couple of others - sixpenny transfers to the South Stand to get out of the rain, and the post-match shuffle back up Carrow Road when people were so crushed together you could almost pick your feet up and get carried along. Probably wouldn''t be allowed today.
Oh yes, and the way they used to open the gates 20 minutes before the end so you could nip in if you were hard up that week. And those blue invalid cars... hang on, haven''t we had this thread before??

Linesmen rather than Referees Assistants.

Referee''s wearing black.

Players out on a bender on Friday night.

Supporters Its A Knockout on Cup Final Day.

Jimmy Hill on MOTD

David "One Nil" Coleman

Rattles

Ahh - you don''t miss them ''till they''ve gone do you?

Whatever happened to goalkeepers bouncing the ball several times after they caught it? watch the centenary dvd i think its the 59 cup run and check out some of the keepers it is amazing!

Travelling to matches with scarves out of the windows. We still do but eveybody used to

"Why Don''t you?" on tV in the school hol''s.