Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

How was Etuhu today?

I listened to the Radio Norfolk commentary today and Etuhu didn''t sound as if his performance was that great, but Worthy singled him out for praise in his post match interview. What did anyone think who was at the game?

Man of the match was the opinion of me and those sat around me.

Special mention also to Spillane who showed some nice touches and confidence (although I didn''t think he was a right-back?) and Gallacher who I always considered to be the best of the reserve keepers and he proved it today with some top saves.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Special mention also to Spillane who showed some nice touches and confidence (although I didn''t think he was a right-back?) and Gallacher who I always considered to be the best of the reserve keepers and he proved it today with some top saves.

[/quote]

I here we did ok today, even though we lost??  And its good to here Etuhu is improving.

It was an improvement, but that''s not difficult. Went more for the day out and to chalk another ground off the list - the footy was a side issue! If Etuhu can play like that in every game, with Safri alongside him, then things are looking up, although I won''t be holding my breath.

Nice to see a lot less hoofing today too.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]It was an improvement, but that''s not difficult. Went more for the day out and to chalk another ground off the list - the footy was a side issue! If Etuhu can play like that in every game, with Safri alongside him, then things are looking up, although I won''t be holding my breath.

Nice to see a lot less hoofing today too.[/quote]

Hope you enjoyed the peak district ?  

Can`t agree with you that  yetu  was mom !   but maybe its just that I`m not impressed with a part-time player  who decides to arrive  as the season draws to a close !   who`s he trying to kid ?  [6]

Etuhu had a decent game, at least he can play football unlike Hughes, Spillane looks useful and in fairness we played some decent football today, an improvement!!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

i thouhgt he was a central midfielder myself, and i believe he has been playing in the centre of midfield for ireland too.....

that means... that he must be a goalkeeper in worthy''s books.....

my son and i were there too (to chalk off another ground , get my 10th stub etc etc and in vain hope of an away win) but we both agreed that Etuhu was MotM. If he can play like that every week alongside a rejuvenated Safri it would be good.

Henderson also had a a good game too (despite the Huckerby/Hendo 2-on-1 debacle).

Spillane and Gallagher played well too.

The rest were so-so and as to be expected although Hucks was well-marshalled.

Etuhu was our best midfielder. Maybe not man of the match because i would give that to spillane.

Here is the good and bad of Etuhu from yesterday.

Good:
He makes very good, strong, surging runs.
He wins a lot in the air and has a good physical presence.
His passing was better than most.
He was one of our bigger threats coming forward

Bad:
I think he is just to lazy at times. A lot of his runs he doesnt finish off and just passes it to someone else.
If he put some real effort in he would be class

Etuhu was our best midfielder. Maybe not man of the match because i would give that to spillane.

Good:

Bad:
I think he is just to lazy at times. A lot of his runs he doesnt finish off and just passes it to someone else.

Northern I wasn''t there yesterday but this has been my opinion of Dickson since he arrived. Potentially I think he''s got everything we need, it''s just how we get it out of him. The fact the crowd got on his back very early in his time here has not helped - although his performance against Preston was possibly the worst I have seen from any individual player. - I have seen him a couple of times play for the reserve and he looks very strong with a good touch. However I find that once he has played a part in a move he stops. If he would carry on the move then we might just have the forward thinking  midfielder we have been crying out for.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Good:

Bad:

Northern I wasn''t there yesterday but this has been my opinion of Dickson since he arrived. Potentially I think he''s got everything we need, it''s just how we get it out of him. The fact the crowd got on his back very early in his time here has not helped - although his performance against Preston was possibly the worst I have seen from any individual player. - I have seen him a couple of times play for the reserve and he looks very strong with a good touch. However I find that once he has played a part in a move he stops. If he would carry on the move then we might just have the forward thinking  midfielder we have been crying out for.

[/quote]

He either needs motivating to do more...(money cant be the issue because on this season''s performance he has been overpaid already) ...so its a carrot and stick scenario. The fans and his team mates can be the ''carrot'' by acknowledging the best and building him up, whilst Worthy has the role of ''stick'', which he can stuff where the sun dont shine when he doesn''t perform. He is too big an investment for a club such as ours to carry.

A question which I would ask is whether he is fit enough...given his lack of sustained involvement in a game.

And there was me yesterday sayin how everyone should give him a break.
Etuhu will become one of our better players and i still think he was abit of a bargin.

Etuhu will be a quality player and will come good at Norwich. It said in the E.D.P the day he signed on loan that he "loves to boot" I havent seen him have a shot yet. I heard he liked scoring goals and was an attacking, powefull and creative player..we have seen what he is like so far and not many people are impressed... maybe its Nigel worthington not bringing out the best in players.He will come good.. new manager and we will see what players like Etuhu, Hughes have to offer... Jason Jarret played well at plymouth and he scored for preston lol was he allowed forward for us ? he didnt even find himself in a goal scoring oppertunity... Worthy''s fault... He ruins players that everyone knew were good at their previous clubs..

Oooh, he wrote in a ridiculously large font....that must mean hes right!

I thought he was pretty good (although Gallagher and Spillane were better). He looked energetic, he was causing them problems and he was making a lot of tackles. Regretably, he was losing the ball to easily and wasn''t creating much but there was enough about him to suggest he could be a good, Damo style player.