Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Additional Birmingham Tickets On Sale Tomorrow.

Not sure about the word ‘limited’ - we are presumably not talking about more than a few hundred. It seems odd that they don’t tell us how large an allocation it is.  

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not sure about the word ‘limited’ - we are presumably not talking about more than a few hundred. It seems odd that they don’t tell us how large an allocation it is.  

The Brum website is now showing the game as sold out.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Brum website is now showing the game as sold out.

It is, sold out Friday.

21 hours ago, essex canary said:

Good and sensible news.

Looks like they sold out in around 2 minutes

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Looks like they sold out in around 2 minutes

3 minutes apparently.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Apparently 200 tickets chased by 2,000 supporters.

where did you get the figure 2,000 from ?

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Just been told that on the phone by the ticket office. Don't know how they know that though unless there is a count of unsuccessful phone calls and unsuccessful attempted log-ins and even if there was I would count twice or maybe three times on that basis and they wouldn't know how many tickets people were seeking so must be conjecture to some extent.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Apparently 200 tickets chased by 2,000 supporters.

Indeed you glory hunters now suddenly want to come again.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No way would the club have known how many, he’s making it up.

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Just been told that on the phone by the ticket office. Don't know how they know that though unless there is a count of unsuccessful phone calls and unsuccessful attempted log-ins and even if there was I would count twice or maybe three times on that basis and they wouldn't know how many tickets people were seeking so must be conjecture to some extent.

Does that mean you got a ticket ?

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

They will have accurate figures for how many people tried to access the the ticketing page, and I assume account for any call made around that time as a request for tickets.  Pretty easy to monitor what's happened.

I managed to get 3 this morning after having to give one up the other day because I could only get a single ticket.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

They will have accurate figures for how many people tried to access the the ticketing page, and I assume account for any call made around that time as a request for tickets.  Pretty easy to monitor what's happened.

I managed to get 3 this morning after having to give one up the other day because I could only get a single ticket.

The away part of the ticket sales closed after about a minute and sold out came up after 3 minutes.
The atmosphere will be very loud and very intimidating. 

Edited by Well b back

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

I managed to get a sales banner without a sold out sign then I attempted to make the click for the 2 tickets required only to get the sold out sign so not sure how that gets registered. Ditto a phone call that said there were too many callers please call back later. 2,000 could be the number of disappointed ST holders missing out in favour of single figure away attendees who have paid £25 albeit that some of those ST holders could equally have been to as many away games.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I managed to get a sales banner without a sold out sign then I attempted to make the click for the 2 tickets required only to get the sold out sign so not sure how that gets registered. Ditto a phone call that said there were too many callers please call back later. 2,000 could be the number of disappointed ST holders missing out in favour of single figure away attendees who have paid £25 albeit that some of those ST holders could equally have been to as many away games.

Home season ticket is for home games.

Away membership is for away games.

Its not that hard to understand.

You tried for tickets and yet have paid for  neither! 

Edited by Greavsy

39 minutes ago, essex canary said:

They will know the time that the sale was live for, yes there will be outliers but they will have accurate enough data.  I don't think anyone who is either a) not an away member or b) hasn't been to m/any away games this season can moan too much about not getting a ticket for the last game of the season considering there have been 22 other opportunities (in the league) to go to an away match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

We get it that you object to the away membership £25 fee, Jesus you bang on about it often enough so just for example it was dispensed with and 22,000 season ticket holders got free away membership which is a hobby horse of yours how would you manage the distribution of 2,000 tickets ?

54 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

They will know the time that the sale was live for, yes there will be outliers but they will have accurate enough data.  I don't think anyone who is either a) not an away member or b) hasn't been to m/any away games this season can moan too much about not getting a ticket for the last game of the season considering there have been 22 other opportunities (in the league) to go to an away match.

So presumably then the 2,000 figure would be fairly accurate as a measure of season ticket holders trying to access tickets?

Delighted to hear that 1 successful applicant this morning was a guy who has a home season ticket, makes 200 mile round trips to Carrow Road but often misses out on account of child care responsibilities. goes to away games as well sometimes but when on a tight budget doesn't want to pay an extra £25 because it may or may not be necessary once in a blue moon.

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So presumably then the 2,000 figure would be fairly accurate as a measure of season ticket holders trying to access tickets?

Delighted to hear that 1 successful applicant this morning was a guy who has a home season ticket, makes 200 mile round trips to Carrow Road but often misses out on account of child care responsibilities. goes to away games as well sometimes but when on a tight budget doesn't want to pay an extra £25 because it may or may not be necessary once in a blue moon.

Where has it been stated or even implied ANY of them are season ticket holders? 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Where has it been stated or even implied ANY of them are season ticket holders? 

Greavsy my post at the top of this thread states that this morning the additional tickets would be available to season ticket holders AND members ( you know those fools that paid £25 to join the scheme LOL ! ) so our friend has taken rather a leap to suggest all the 2,000 were season ticket holders.

I have looked on social media which is where all rumours manifest and turn into facts if repeated enough times and the only reference i can find to 2,000 is one mention from a guy who reckons that number was given by a staff member at the hub in Jarrolds who said 2,000 applied for tickets. Seems spooky that it matches the number of tickets of our original allocation so my money is on mixed messages and crossed wires as with respect to the hub employee he spends virtually all day flogging shirts and is not a dedicated member of the ticket office staff. As for the claim of our friend i will leave others to make judgement and pass comment.

• Thanks 1

Another fact from the Ticket Office today was that the away membership scheme has only come into play for 2 matches this season. Seeing as 7,000 apparently joined up when the scheme was first started, either scheme membership has fallen away significantly or well over half this seasons members have achieved nil return for their £25. Either way we can bet that in general away support has dropped over the 5 years. There stands the pernicious impact of the scheme which the Club should be alive to alongside fan consultation groups.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Another fact from the Ticket Office today was that the away membership scheme has only come into play for 2 matches this season. Seeing as 7,000 apparently joined up when the scheme was first started, either scheme membership has fallen away significantly or well over half this seasons members have achieved nil return for their £25. Either way we can bet that in general away support has dropped over the 5 years. There stands the pernicious impact of the scheme which the Club should be alive to alongside fan consultation groups.

That of course completely ignores the fact that away members also get a match pick, and I'd imagine a significant amount of memberships were bought in the hope of getting a ticket for the Ipswich match.

3 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

That of course completely ignores the fact that away members also get a match pick, and I'd imagine a significant amount of memberships were bought in the hope of getting a ticket for the Ipswich match.

Agreed. Ipswich was hugely popular and not surprisingly.

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed. Ipswich was hugely popular and not surprisingly.

Worth the £25 on its own to ensure a ticket.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Worth the £25 on its own to ensure a ticket.

Supply & demand. Its really not hard to comprehend