Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

I don’t think we can defend well enough to win the playoffs

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Whatever combinations of defenders we put out is just not good enough defensively and Wagner won’t allow us to play on the front foot if we get our noses in front in a game like that.

even in the scum game we nearly let them back in it in the last 15 minutes by sitting back.

Maybe Rowe’s return could allow us to put Kenny at the back with Duffy which looked our best pairing but I just have zero faith in any defence with Hanley, Baath, Gibson or McCullum (who I like generally) in it to defend well enough. 

We still have a huge problem in midfield defensively,  he wants fullbacks to play high but there's no defensive midfielder half the time. 

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

no it would be the man who signed SVH which has not been the best signing  ,

I Agree Luton have shown the way in doing things 

build a squad team that as a unit are better than sum of parts ( i think we are quite away from that ) ,

our whole back four  looks Shaky  in the champs let alone as in PL maybe stacey only one 

Bolt on a few players every season , the thing with us is we will sell maybe Rowe and Sarge even if we go up ,

i also imagine Barkley and Townsend are on more money than rest of squad which i have no problem with as best players but people seem to think here that would upset the squad here ( i personally do not i think top performers should get paid most ) 

i think what Luton have is a solid unit , Pace , someone to control midfield , power and Fitness that's why they have done so well 

I think people are over rating Stacey , he's been ok, above average. His delivery in attack is not great and he's very poor with balls coming into the box. Gives it all but that's not enough if we went up.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Didn’t Shakey go with Smith? Little wonder we can’t defend with Shakey at the back!😂😂

But absolutely this, we need two decent mid 20’s at most CB and get rid of the high cost journeymen bought in because they used to be good! Duffy, Baath & Gibson out the door please!

Deluded as usual . All of the "class" defenders that were City world beaters are getting splinters on their arses every week sat on the bench because they couldn't hack it . Most couldn't hack it here - Godfrey , Aarons , Omo and the world beating full back who failed all the way  down to Watford . Get real . For the last two seasons the defence let down by any kind of midfield cover . Doesn't matter who plays there. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

It's "possession lost" so not just misplaced passes (of which yes, he is one of the worst) but also for being tackled, interceptions etc. For comparison vs Ipswich he lost it half as much

Oh well at least he was competing for headers to lose out. 

25 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't agree. Literally anybody can beat anybody on the right day in this league.

It's by no means a dead cert, but it's definitely achievable. It's not like we don't win more games than we lose.

Our problem will be playing at home first,  if we get a win how will he approach the away leg, if its not all guns blazing and we sit back we are in trouble.  

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

*If was the key word Nutty, 8/1 chance but stranger things happen at sea. 

*If / *possibilty

You say tomarto I say tomayto

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Branston said:

Deluded as usual . All of the "class" defenders that were City world beaters are getting splinters on their arses every week sat on the bench because they couldn't hack it . Most couldn't hack it here - Godfrey , Aarons , Omo and the world beating full back who failed all the way  down to Watford . Get real . For the last two seasons the defence let down by any kind of midfield cover . Doesn't matter who plays there. 

Agh another new wannabe troll poster! Yes you know everything and we bow to your superior knowledge! Whatever!

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Agh another new wannabe troll poster! Yes you know everything and we bow to your superior knowledge! Whatever!

I play Football Manager innit 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

I would agree except if Ipswich go up we will not hear the end of it. 

But when they are losing 5-0, 6-0 maybe go on to beat their own record and go for a 10-0. That will be hilarious.