Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Tickets for away leg of Play Offs

Just realised that I will be in Hamburg for the semi-final away leg, and in f***ing Morecambe 🤬🤬🤬 of all places for the final (if we get there).

A free 2024/25 Away Membership for those who went to Sheffield on a Tuesday in April, watched them throw away a 2 goal lead and got home in the small hours would be a good idea. That doesn't include me though would have done in the recent past.

13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Just realised that I will be in Hamburg for the semi-final away leg, and in f***ing Morecambe 🤬🤬🤬 of all places for the final (if we get there).

Relax…..we could b*lls it all up and fail to finish in the top six.

If that happens you won’t be the only Mr Angry on here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

A free 2024/25 Away Membership for those who went to Sheffield on a Tuesday in April, watched them throw away a 2 goal lead and got home in the small hours would be a good idea. That doesn't include me though would have done in the recent past.

To a degree that's what happens with the current points system. The more away games you get the higher up the priority list you go. 

Agreed you still have to pay for an away membership, but that's been done to death on here already.  

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

To a degree that's what happens with the current points system. The more away games you get the higher up the priority list you go. 

Agreed you still have to pay for an away membership, but that's been done to death on here already.  

So reward the loyalists like Supermarkets do. How are all these people who can't make Sheffield on a Tuesday night in April going to find it any easier on a Thursday or Friday night in May? (assuming we get there and extra support in Sheffield may have acted as a 12th man)

The problem is that NCFC behave more like my now ex car insurance company who put up my renewal by 50% hoping I won't notice. Their suggestion that they can knock off 20% fell on deaf ears.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

So reward the loyalists like Supermarkets do. How are all these people who can't make Sheffield on a Tuesday night in April going to find it any easier on a Thursday or Friday night in May? (assuming we get there and extra support in Sheffield may have acted as a 12th man)

The problem is that NCFC behave more like my now ex car insurance company who put up my renewal by 50% hoping I won't notice. Their suggestion that they can knock off 20% fell on deaf ears.

You are aware the away allocation almost sold out last night ?  that's 2000 away fans on a Tuesday night. So not sure where the "extra support" you mention would have come from. It may have sold out after this was tweeted (X'd?) 

https://x.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1777367749670338888

Having seen my son return home from many a dull and lack lustre game / heavy defeat for many seasons,  but he still has the appetite to go again for the next away game I think loyalty is rewarded. He was there last night, and will be there Saturday, and intends to be for every remaining game of the season. Massive respect for that, and the others that do likewise.   

I'm sure more people will find a way for any away fixture in the play off semi final - are you that dim?! 

I'm sure you car insurance people are gutted to lose you - you are aware how the can insurance industry works? (Ive already regretted asking that). 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

You are aware the away allocation almost sold out last night ?  that's 2000 away fans on a Tuesday night. So not sure where the "extra support" you mention would have come from. It may have sold out after this was tweeted (X'd?) 

https://x.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1777367749670338888

Having seen my son return home from many a dull and lack lustre game / heavy defeat for many seasons,  but he still has the appetite to go again for the next away game I think loyalty is rewarded. He was there last night, and will be there Saturday, and intends to be for every remaining game of the season. Massive respect for that, and the others that do likewise.   

I'm sure more people will find a way for any away fixture in the play off semi final - are you that dim?! 

I'm sure you car insurance people are gutted to lose you - you are aware how the can insurance industry works? (Ive already regretted asking that). 

Fair enough. A little bit of a step up already then from the 340 who went to Swansea in October or perhaps not much greater at Middlesbrough last month. 

Posted (edited)
On 09/04/2024 at 08:21, TIL 1010 said:

What is the difference between paying £25 for a Norwich City membership and a £25 membership to become a Friend of The Theatre Royal the main benefit of which is to give a 2 day window to purchase tickets ?

None if you want to go to away matches only but does the Theatre Royal have the equivalent of fan shareholders or Season Ticket holders?  

Better to look at how a Cricket Club operates or even Hull City Football Club where they have a simple price structure and refer to ST holders as members and don't levy extra charges.

The old codgers concessions are doubtless a little less than 30% plus at the Theatre Royal too.

Edited by essex canary

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

None if you want to go to away matches only but does the Theatre Royal have the equivalent of fan shareholders or Season Ticket holders?  

Better to look at how a Cricket Club operates or even Hull City Football Club where they have a simple price structure and refer to ST holders as members and don't levy extra charges.

The old codgers concessions are doubtless a little less than 30% plus at the Theatre Royal too.

If you want tickets for The Theatre Royal allocated to you on a priority basis similar to our Group system you are charged £25 for the privilege but of course to sway that fact of course you introduce cricket clubs and Hull City into the equation plus concessions on an effort to justify your weird obsessive take on how Norwich City operate.

You could start an argument in an empty phone box so keep digging that hole.

On 09/04/2024 at 13:50, Well b back said:

Thanks for that, group 2so got binners tickets this season, so should just about be ok.

I think group 2 should be fine. Remember that the binners away included match pick. While many of these would have been group 1 and 2, others would not. Also if we end up playing Southampton (less likely as we would need to finish 5th) they have a bigger stadium so we would presumably get more tickets.

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Even if those who went also saw an excellent win over the Binners 4 days earlier. 4 points out of 6 ain’t too bad in my opinion!

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you want tickets for The Theatre Royal allocated to you on a priority basis similar to our Group system you are charged £25 for the privilege but of course to sway that fact of course you introduce cricket clubs and Hull City into the equation plus concessions on an effort to justify your weird obsessive take on how Norwich City operate.

You could start an argument in an empty phone box so keep digging that hole.

To be fair on reflection you have cracked it with your reference to the Theatre Royal.

Just look at their pricing policy for Jesus Christ Superstar. Friends DO get discounts. Adult age range is 25-60. Outside of that the young people and old codgers discount is a modest £5. 

Just the ticket for Carrow Road. Then again theirChief Administrator is doubtless still paid a modest enough salary to have their feet on the ground rather than their head in the clouds.

16 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Even if those who went also saw an excellent win over the Binners 4 days earlier. 4 points out of 6 ain’t too bad in my opinion!

Why shouldn't ST holders get a ballot opportunity ahead of Group 2 nonsense? My previous posting gives the answer.

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

To be fair on reflection you have cracked it with your reference to the Theatre Royal.

Just look at their pricing policy for Jesus Christ Superstar. Friends DO get discounts. Adult age range is 25-60. Outside of that the young people and old codgers discount is a modest £5. 

Just the ticket for Carrow Road. Then again theirChief Administrator is doubtless still paid a modest enough salary to have their feet on the ground rather than their head in the clouds.

You really do need to get a life.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why shouldn't ST holders get a ballot opportunity ahead of Group 2 nonsense? My previous posting gives the answer.

Because you'd find a reason to moan at that.

It's simple,  season tickets are for home games.

Away Memberships relate to away games.

It's not hard.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You really do need to get a life.

Unfotunately , this seems to be his life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Unfotunately , this seems to be his life.

Very sad. 

Morning Corkio, how are the staff? 😉 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Because you'd find a reason to moan at that.

It's simple,  season tickets are for home games.

Away Memberships relate to away games.

It's not hard.

It is for the hard of thinking. This one seems to be beligerently stupid as well as dull, repetetive and completely unaware of how ridiculous his arguments are. Others have expressed concern for his mental health, just imagine what it must be like for those who have to endure this eeejit in real life........poor unfortunate souls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Very sad. 

Morning Corkio, how are the staff? 😉 

Morning G, they're a little moany about the damp weather, but they dont seem to realise that the water is good for the Salmon and Sea Trout run....which in turn means extra fish heads and tails in their gruel, ungrateteful bu66ers. 

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Morning G, they're a little moany about the damp weather, but they dont seem to realise that the water is good for the Salmon and Sea Trout run....which in turn means extra fish heads and tails in their gruel, ungrateteful bu66ers. 

You spoil then, my friend. Make sure you keep them grounded and appreciative.

Never mind. We may not make the playoffs anyway. Now the finger is being pointed at Knapper for thinning out the squad in January. None of the blokes are responsible. Just take a look at the person controlling the vision and strategy of the Club on a salary 4 times that of a Cabinet Minister. 

Oh I forgot I can't say that as misogyny trumps freedom of expression.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Never mind. We may not make the playoffs anyway. Now the finger is being pointed at Knapper for thinning out the squad in January. None of the blokes are responsible. Just take a look at the person controlling the vision and strategy of the Club on a salary 4 times that of a Cabinet Minister. 

Oh I forgot I can't say that as misogyny trumps freedom of expression.

On a bike. 

Give it a rest man, for your own sake, if not ours......

Do other things in life eat away at you this much? 

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

On a bike. 

Give it a rest man, for your own sake, if not ours......

Do other things in life eat away at you this much? 

You forget....this IS his life.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Alan Sugar would solve it but based on the Attanasio thread we may need to rely on Glad. Now that really is sad not to mention mad.

Edited by essex canary

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Because the rules for priority were set out pre-season. You don’t change what has been agreed for the sake of 1 continual whinger!

36 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Because the rules for priority were set out pre-season. You don’t change what has been agreed for the sake of 1 continual whinger!

The rules were a Club imposition in the summer of 2019 with no fan consultation at the time and effectively remain so.

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The rules were a Club imposition in the summer of 2019 with no fan consultation at the time and effectively remain so.

Someone is either being forgetful, or uneconomical with the truth…

Yes, the paid away membership scheme was introduced in 2019, without consultation, however the current scheme, with groupings and match picks, was revised for the 2020/21 season, after lengthy consultations during the autumn 2019.

Additionally, there’s been at least one, if not two, tweaks to the groupings since. 

25 minutes ago, GMF said:

Someone is either being forgetful, or uneconomical with the truth…

Yes, the paid away membership scheme was introduced in 2019, without consultation, however the current scheme, with groupings and match picks, was revised for the 2020/21 season, after lengthy consultations during the autumn 2019.

Additionally, there’s been at least one, if not two, tweaks to the groupings since. 

Yes but only tweaks. The fundamental principle of withdrawing the primacy of ST holders was imposed. The question should reasonably asked as to why not get AGM approval and why don't people who fly to matches withdraw themselves from the voting process or indeed any influence?

In terms of a play-off semi final it could well fail a stress test which is the kind of issue that could have been openly debated at an AGM and should have been. It should still be.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The fundamental principle of withdrawing the primacy of ST holders was imposed. The question should reasonably asked as to why not get AGM approval and why don't people who fly to matches withdraw themselves from the voting process or indeed any influence?

In terms of a play-off semi final it could well fail a stress test which is the kind of issue that could have been openly debated at an AGM and should have been. It should still be.

The main purpose of the AGM is to approve the annual accounts, typically done in November, which would have been completely impractical from a timing perspective, as the season had already started.

Notwithstanding that, there’s circa 6,850 shareholders, yet over 21,000 season ticket holders. Why give exclusivity on such things to just one subset of a much wider fan base?

You really do need to think these things through properly before waving your club bashing stick around…

54 minutes ago, GMF said:

The main purpose of the AGM is to approve the annual accounts, typically done in November, which would have been completely impractical from a timing perspective, as the season had already started.

Notwithstanding that, there’s circa 6,850 shareholders, yet over 21,000 season ticket holders. Why give exclusivity on such things to just one subset of a much wider fan base?

You really do need to think these things through properly before waving your club bashing stick around…

have I got it wrong then - I thought then entire existence of the club was to satisfy and appease Essex in his every desire, and ratified at the AGM (or even Special GM's when required). 

Sorry my mistake!