Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Watch Kamara

29 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Just read on BBC sport site that Derby are TRIPLE marking Abu K!

I'm pretty sure I saw FOUR of them ganging up on him just before half-time!!

I haven't watched all the match but hasn't Raggett turned into a ball-playing centre-back??!!  Looks so much more comfortable on the ball than I remember.  Mousinho seems to have been as good for him as he has for Kamara

• Like 1

Contract expires in 2025 so if he doesn’t renew like Gunn he will be off this summer presumably ??

Again poor decision in getting promising youngsters signed.  Should have been considered soon as AK started to impress at Pompey, now it is unlikely will sign now.  A move at bargain price will see a move.

4 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Contract expires in 2025 so if he doesn’t renew like Gunn he will be off this summer presumably ??

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  I see from the @Feed-the-wolf Contract Conundrums thread that he signed his contract back in 2021 so it's a bit surprising it hasn't been updated.  So you may well be right and he'll be off this summer which will be a great shame.  The only hope is that he gets a wage increase and the expectation of regular game time.  He seems to have found his best position out on the right flank so I guess that would mean Rowe leaving in the summer which does seem likely.

From what I saw last night and other bits and pieces I've seen or read, he seems the sort of player who needs regular starts rather than someone who forces his way into the picture through making an impact as a sub or from occasional starts.

He scored an excellent goal last night and was clearly seen as the main threat by Derby but also he mis-controlled the ball a few times and also misplaced a couple of passes so I think patience will be needed - but the rewards could be huge as he's getting better all the time. 

A concern is his contract is only to 2025 - maybe we have a years option (hopefully)

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

A concern is his contract is only to 2025 - maybe we have a years option (hopefully)

Almost surely be an option as well.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Started to get worried he's going to pull a Mumba

Needs a Kellen Fisher for that to happen. Remember, Fisher's performances in pre-season were what convinced Wagner that Mumba could be sold.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Started to get worried he's going to pull a Mumba

Not a chance. We’ll need him here next season to replace Sara….he’ll get a move along with Sargent if we fail to get up! To be honest I’m now 50/50 on our chances of promotion, as none of those above look so strong! Could be a very competitive playoff this year!

Edited by Indy