DraytonBoy

Ipswich Town Investment

If it all pans out for them, they'll just become another mid table mediocre Premiership side who won't be able to compete at the top level, every Club has a ceiling. 

If it all goes wrong, see Portsmouth, Blackburn, Swansea,  Stoke and Reading who all had extended spells in the Premiership,  couldn't compete financially and were relegated....

..... if you think the last administration was detrimental,  this time it would be devastating.....

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Gunn, Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent (and possibly Nunez) are worth well north of thatmythical "investment" and we have 15+ very highly rated youngsters coming through, plus a state of the art training ground (already paid for) to attract and keep more. Yeah, you're riding a wave at the moment but as a club, you are still way behind. 

I'm a blue and would have to agree with you here. We have made great strides on the pitch but in terms of the infrastructure of the club we are still several years behind you. Of course we can't fix this overnight after years of neglect under Evans and the club seem to be moving as quickly as they can to address the issues. Whether this new this 'investment' is good, bad or neutral remains to be seen but so far the ownership have done exactly what they said they were going to do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

I remember when you last came to FCR waving £20 notes at us. Within months you were in administration not just s****** on local businesses but not even bothering to pay the Red Cross, proving you really are s***.

we even had to pay their debt to stop the pieman going out of buisiness

Interesting quote from a Financial Times piece - "Take private equity, where investors commit their cash for up to a decade in unsaleable investments". Hmmm!

16 hours ago, Yella said:

Sad to see so many fellow yellas clutching on hope it all goes wrong over in Suffolk. They clearly have some very astute businessmen over there doing a sterling job. Rather than our own global business experts on here trying to pick holes we should be hoping we can het similar investment and management try build a similarly glorious history.

We come across as a bit envious, desperate and sour. It's a shame, we're better than this.

This is just so lame and obvious. It's laughable.

Have you been kicked off TWTD ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You really do make it obvious don't you?

Least Keith and Vince pretend to be subtle

old Pig mince is the least obvious ever

8 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

I'm a blue and would have to agree with you here. We have made great strides on the pitch but in terms of the infrastructure of the club we are still several years behind you. Of course we can't fix this overnight after years of neglect under Evans and the club seem to be moving as quickly as they can to address the issues. Whether this new this 'investment' is good, bad or neutral remains to be seen but so far the ownership have done exactly what they said they were going to do. 

you need to own your own stadium and training ground first 😉

as for the investment who knows do know someone who says the plan was to make a profit for the fund first chance so reducing risk makes sense dont know how much they have spent so far but any % increase on that will look good

8 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

The difference between this sort of thoughtful response and the pathetic, wouldn't-fool-a-child trolling of the other ITFC fan on this thread is night and day. Going to say again, really enjoy your contributions on here, @BlueHope76

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The difference between this sort of thoughtful response and the pathetic, wouldn't-fool-a-child trolling of the other ITFC fan on this thread is night and day. Going to say again, really enjoy your contributions on here, @BlueHope76

Thanks, however I think you may be in the minority there! 🙂

On 22/03/2024 at 18:50, Yella said:

Sad to see so many fellow yellas clutching on hope it all goes wrong over in Suffolk. They clearly have some very astute businessmen over there doing a sterling job. Rather than our own global business experts on here trying to pick holes we should be hoping we can het similar investment and management try build a similarly glorious history.

We come across as a bit envious, desperate and sour. It's a shame, we're better than this.

'Astute businessmen' but not football businessmen.

Out to make a quick profit at minimal outlay and then **** off to the next project. That's how private equity firms work.

5 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Thanks, however I think you may be in the minority there! 🙂

A minority that doesn’t include me. I remember the thread after the derby in December. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

A minority that doesn’t include me. I remember the thread after the derby in December. 

Did I say some bad words Nigel?

20 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

You’re playing a blinder but some more are seeing through it now…

21 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Bantz init? 

👀