Sign in to follow this  
The Canaries Trust

Four ordinary NCFC shares for sale

20 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

Tempting though it is, Duncan, for us to have a whip round to buy you a wooden spoon for your birthday, all flippant thoughts aside, the reality is that if a seller wants to list their shares, to test the market, that is, of course, their prerogative. It would also be inappropriate for us to bid on any listing, not least because we would probably be open to an accusation of insider trading. 

If you buy Essex’s shares, I sincerely promise that all you’d receive is gratitude. F

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If you buy Essex’s shares, I sincerely promise that all you’d receive is gratitude. F

Now that is what I like to see Dunc, some good marketing skills.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Now that is what I like to see Dunc, some good marketing skills.

@Duncan Edwards has another good skill, it's called reading the room so may i suggest you ask him for some lessons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Can you find me 2,000 people who want to buy 1 share each at £80 per share in the Football Club for a lifetime home membership? 

If you are genuinely interested in listing your own shares you can do so by using the link below and clicking on the green sell request button within the text.

https://www.canariestrust.org/ncfc-shares

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's true. He took the club to the Football Ombudsman, and the Ombudsman found against him and said the club should not feel it necessary to respond to him any further, such was the amount of club employees' time he had wasted.

He's been very excitable on here about his lovely Cambridge United season ticket, but sadly not excited enough to drop his tedious one-man crusade against NCFC.

There's always one like him and it's not just because he's an accountant. A bloke I know has been in constant dialogue with his local council for years. It's all super trivial things and he is such a pain the a*se. You have to wonder if Kevin's family are all like him. I suspect they're not and find him as irritable as everyone else.

Someone on here said NCFC must rue the day they sold him those shares. I bet they do.

Can you find me 2,000 people who want to buy 1 share each at £80 per share in the Football Club for a lifetime home membership?

You don’t actually own 2,000 shares, so, unless you’re claiming to be instructed by someone else, it’s a daft question.

It does beg the wider question, are you really that spiteful that you’d actually split your holding 1,000 ways just to pi55 off the Club?

I think we can guess the answer…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMF said:

Contradiction, or not, there’s your answer, right there in the Articles of Association, so why bleat about it? If it’s all the same to you, it’s not a hill I’m personally interested in dying on.

They missed out the line stating that 1000 shares entitled somebody to a lifetime of pointless whinging 

3 hours ago, GMF said:

It does beg the wider question, are you really that spiteful that you’d actually split your holding 1,000 ways just to pi55 off the Club?

I think it's more that they like the idea that 1000 shares = £80k in value, but there's no way of realising it so gave this example?

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think it's more that they like the idea that 1000 shares = £80k in value, but there's no way of realising it so gave this example?

Alternatively, the idea of receiving £80k is quite attractive (hard to disagree with that, to be honest) but probably believes that he’s unable to shift them (who knows without putting it to the test) so is minded to make it almost impossible to achieve, hence the ridiculous suggestion.

Notwithstanding that, if he wants to continue using his seat, then he’s entitled to do so for the rest of his life. The longer he uses it, the lower the average annual cost of the initial investment - twenty-two years and counting. If not, then the stark choice is to list the shares and sell them, probably in smaller quantities, as has previously been suggested by another poster.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Google Bot said:

How the hell were we to guess that one then?! 🙂

I just support the team so don't really know about all these little cliques and old boys networks, but if ties were cut for such a reason then could suggest the club were looking for an excuse and there's far more to it than that?  Again, I have no knowledge on any of this and neither do I care a great deal, sorry.

I'm really not sure that a limit is being crossed when a woman wears sandals at a Q&A session.  And this idea that women can be more liberal is very much an old school belief as society is heading towards the ideal that a man can turn up in a dress and not be negatively stereotyped as you are doing with Zoe.

If Wagner sat in sandals and a skirt at the forum would you question his ability?  I think most of us would raise an eyebrow, and many would laugh - and that just shows how far off we are at reaching such a balance.

So, surely today we can allow women to demonstrate some liberal clothing without it reflecting bad on them as a professional, eh?

Misandry and ageism, sure, very common.  Seems that the more dominant groups are being deliberately weakened or silenced as a tactic to create what is being defined as a more balanced society.  Luckily I don't have a dog in either fight, but if you're holding on to traditions I can appreciate what a tough ride this is, and will be.

I can very safely say that the quality of my advice as a seasoned accountancy professional does not change dependant on what I wear on my feet, or any other part of me for that matter.  I’m through to the final stage of interviews with a very serious organisation for a senior role, and I’ve worn chinos, DMs and a casual shirt for each of the previous 4 interviews (yeah, senior enough for 5 interviews).  I’m wearing a suit for the next one, but that’s simply because I’m meeting with two incredibly senior partners and I’ve been advised to look the part.  They probably wouldn’t care if I turned up in the same chinos/casual shirt combo, but they might, and for the money on offer I don’t want to screw it up over a suit.

As for anyone who would judge the seriousness of a professional, be they male or female, based on the clothes they wear, I have only one thing to say.  Welcome to the new world.  We do things differently to how you did it.  If you don’t like it, that’s no bother.  We don’t care, and you won’t have that much longer to worry about it.

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There's always one like him and it's not just because he's an accountant. A bloke I know has been in constant dialogue with his local council for years. It's all super trivial things and he is such a pain the a*se. You have to wonder if Kevin's family are all like him. I suspect they're not and find him as irritable as everyone else.

Someone on here said NCFC must rue the day they sold him those shares. I bet they do.

Not all accountants are like that.  I’m not.

9 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

58 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

Not all accountants are like that.  I’m not.

On reflection I think Kevin would still be like he is if he somehow ended up a F1 racing driver or front man in a famous rock n’ roll band 🙂

Accountancy does have a reputation as a haven for dull bean counters. The ones I know are pretty staid but it’s a bit of a generalisation to be fair. There’s plenty of Kevins in all walks of life.

I wish I could get that Monty Python sketch out of my head though.😉

20 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Maybe it is precisely this kind of attitude that ridicules the skills of accountants that leads to the levels of fraud that we are currently seeing in today's society as organisations fail to protect themselves by ensuring their regulations are up to date and watertight.

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

On reflection I think Kevin would still be like he is if he somehow ended up a F1 racing driver or front man in a famous rock n’ roll band 🙂

Accountancy does have a reputation as a haven for dull bean counters. The ones I know are pretty staid but it’s a bit of a generalisation to be fair. There’s plenty of Kevins in all walks of life.

I wish I could get that Monty Python sketch out of my head though.😉

The one about the 2 old ladies sitting in a park discussing the purchase of a piston engine. Why did you buy that for? Because it's cheap.

The one about the 2 old ladies sitting in a park discussing the purchase of a piston engine. Why did you buy that for? Because it's cheap.

How about this one - A bloke is in a hot air balloon totally lost, he decides to drop the balloon as low as he dares to ask a walker he has spotted for help, "Excuse me can you tell me where I am?", "You are about 75 feet in the air, standing in a whicker basket suspended from an envelope filled with propane" replied the walker, "You are an accountant aren't you" replied the balloonist, "Yes, how on earth did you know that?" replied the walker, "Because whilst what you told me is 100% factually correct it is absolutely **** all use to me"...............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

How about this one - A bloke is in a hot air balloon totally lost, he decides to drop the balloon as low as he dares to ask a walker he has spotted for help, "Excuse me can you tell me where I am?", "You are about 75 feet in the air, standing in a whicker basket suspended from an envelope filled with propane" replied the walker, "You are an accountant aren't you" replied the balloonist, "Yes, how on earth did you know that?" replied the walker, "Because whilst what you told me is 100% factually correct it is absolutely **** all use to me"...............

An existenstential question attracts an existential answer. Seems fair enough unless perhaps this scene came from 'The Meaning of Life'.

On 15/03/2024 at 09:34, Feedthewolf said:

That's true. He took the club to the Football Ombudsman, and the Ombudsman found against him and said the club should not feel it necessary to respond to him any further, such was the amount of club employees' time he had wasted.

People can read the outcome of his various complaints here:

https://www.theifo.co.uk/associate-director-issues-at-norwich-city/

21 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

People can read the outcome of his various complaints here:

https://www.theifo.co.uk/associate-director-issues-at-norwich-city/

18. With regard to the complaint about non-replying to the complainant, the Club said that the complainant’s constant queries on the same topics had taken up a lot of staff time at the Club and their Legal Officer had reluctantly had to advise staff not to contact him further, so as to avoid getting drawn into protracted correspondence