Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

wanna larf ?

Aside from seeing these g0b****es fall on their arz, the reality is they are not as good as they bleat. McK has done a great job with a very average squad. None of whom look anywhere near PL quality. Playing to their limited strengths and good coaching has got them to where they are, but that can only take you so far. Both goals were through a packed defence. Where on earth was the defending for Cardiff's second ? After today, I would welcome this rag bag of hopefuls in the play off semis - it is now looking more likely, or to be honest, a possibility, that at the fag end of 2023 looked as likely as getting a sausage roll warmed up if you turned up early at CR today 😉

https://www.skysports.com/football/cardiff-city-vs-ipswich-town/485136

• Like 2

The binners have S'oton, Coventry and Hull in April, as well as us. Boro and Watford being the other two.

They have won only one game in their seven against the other top six teams, and all the above are top half

As said McK has been able to coach them to grind out results against the 'lesser' teams but when it comes to games against ex PL teams they have been found wanting, the quality is just not there. Which does not bide well if they find themselves in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

My goodness, to knock a team that has been at the front of the queue for most of the season and could very well gain automatic promotion,I find this a sad post that does you no favours.Concentrate on your own team dont keep worrying about the others and for christ sake get off this stupid us versus them down the road bandwagon.Its really boring.
We are currently doing ok and plodding along quite nicely  but it has been a bumpy ride but I sure as hell wish we had had a season as stress free  as Ipswitch.
Sods law says that if we meet them in the playoffs that will be the day that our unbeaten run will end. 

• Like 2

Just now, Grumpy said:

My goodness, to knock a team that has been at the front of the queue for most of the season and could very well gain automatic promotion,I find this a sad post that does you no favours.Concentrate on your own team dont keep worrying about the others and for christ sake get off this stupid us versus them down the road bandwagon.Its really boring.
We are currently doing ok and plodding along quite nicely  but it has been a bumpy ride but I sure as hell wish we had had a season as stress free  as Ipswitch.
Sods law says that if we meet them in the playoffs that will be the day that our unbeaten run will end. 

Binner

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binner

If your forum name is anything to go by I would say that I am more of a City supporter than you will ever be.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

If your forum name is anything to go by I would say that I am more of a City supporter than you will ever be.

And I'm happy to see you're living up to your username!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

The difference is we are on the ascendancy and they are currently struggling for form.

That said our away form has been.poor all season, but once you get to the playoffs form.goes out the window. Its all about who wants it more

17 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Weird isn’t it.

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

The difference is we are on the ascendancy and they are currently struggling for form.

That said our away form has been.poor all season, but once you get to the playoffs form.goes out the window. Its all about who wants it more

Before today, they’d won 6 on the bounce! I wouldn’t say that’s struggling for form!

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Hadn't they won 6 in a row before today?

My mistake. I dont follow their results closely. They had a bad patch but clearly have picked up again

12 hours ago, RobJames said:

They have won only one game in their seven against the other top six teams, and all the above are top half

An extraordinary statistic thank you. They are flat track bullies. 

Ignore the nonsense above, surely we all want to be better than them? Now more than ever. 

13 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Weird isn’t it.

You have to remember it is Bill/City1st.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

At the prospect of playing in a higher League I’d have thought all the teams would want it big time.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.