Sign in to follow this  
S27

REFEREE TODAY

Another decent performance. Allowed the play to continue & brought back for free kicks when no obvious advantage. Good decision on yellow cards. Only minor criticism is didn’t clamp down on Cardiiff’s time wasting after they scored and tried to kill the game off.

Yeah, he was fine. He's got a few PL games under his belt, used his common sense and let the game flow as best he could. Not too many contentious decisions to deal with, the game was played in a pretty good spirit.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's amazing how we only get the crap ones when we lose.

That's called "stating the obvious"!

I'm not totally convinced. I think McCallum was fouled in the box twice and there were a bunch of other fouls not given or obvious yellow cards that he kept in his pocket. The fact is that we were so good that it didn't matter but, on another day, might have made a difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm not totally convinced. I think McCallum was fouled in the box twice and there were a bunch of other fouls not given or obvious yellow cards that he kept in his pocket. The fact is that we were so good that it didn't matter but, on another day, might have made a difference. 

One of those McCallum fouls was, I presume, the one where he crossed the ball for Barnes's offside goal? That one was outside the box. Surprised he didn't bring it back for a free-kick when the flag went up, to be honest, but in those situations the offside call seems to trump the foul...

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One of those McCallum fouls was, I presume, the one where he crossed the ball for Barnes's offside goal? That one was outside the box. Surprised he didn't bring it back for a free-kick when the flag went up, to be honest, but in those situations the offside call seems to trump the foul...

There was another one down the Barclay end where he was in a footrace with the defender. Got just inside the corner of the box and stuck his leg out to get contact.

It was a savvy little move and the sort of thing VAR gives regularly. No-go in the Championship though.

In a broad sense I didn't mind the ref. there were a few questionable offsides and no card for an NFL-style tackle late on, but generally stayed out of the way when he could.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

There was another one down the Barclay end where he was in a footrace with the defender. Got just inside the corner of the box and stuck his leg out to get contact.

It was a savvy little move and the sort of thing VAR gives regularly. No-go in the Championship though.

In a broad sense I didn't mind the ref. there were a few questionable offsides and no card for an NFL-style tackle late on, but generally stayed out of the way when he could.

Yeah, it struck me as a relatively easy game to referee by Championship standards. In games where you're able to stay in the background and not have to chuck your cards around, always best to do so. And unless it's an absolute stonewaller, you're always going to attract less attention by not giving a penalty than you are by giving it.

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

No idea .....