Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Highlights - 8 mins

That’s a far more ‘balanced’ set of highlights than the poor Sky effort - which as ever showed just about all their shots and hardly any of ours. 

14 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

the more times I watch Stacey taking that throw in back into our danger area leading to their goal the more idiotic it becomes.

Sent a clip of that to our u9s WhatsApp group to show what can happen if you don't take a defensive throw by going down the line!

1 minute ago, Matt Juler said:

Sent a clip of that to our u9s WhatsApp group to show what can happen if you don't take a defensive throw by going down the line!

I’m sure there was a lot of thoughtful chin stroking when they saw it ( not )

On 04/02/2024 at 07:45, Peregrine Shorts said:

the more times I watch Stacey taking that throw in back into our danger area leading to their goal the more idiotic it becomes.

Remember being a young lad of 16 playing in a pretty good men’s team, took a throw in half way in my own half a played it back towards my goal to our right back who probably wasn’t best placed and instantly got an earful of pretty blue language from the captain, after that it was thrown forward and well away from danger every time for the next 25 years.

i don't blame Stacey, as a number of other City players contrived to let O'Hare poke the ball into the net. The fault lies with this idiot idea of fu cking around at the back. Nevermind getting the ball as far away from our goal as possible, pss about before eventually doing what should have been done in the first place, hit upfield. The other thought being that the opposition will not watch how we play and set out to counter that nonsense.

The problem when we have throw in's is there is no movement so whoever does it won't throw it forward, so it will go either sideways or backwards. And also what gets me is in the rules you can't be offside from a throw in.

I still maintain that, although asking for trouble, the throw-in from Stacey isn't that bad. McLeans decision to try and get just anything on it & put it back into traffic, and the 2 CBs not giving him the call to let it come across his body, equally culpable.

We then have Duffy getting sent for Cromer crab before the goal (and exactly the same minutes later, Angus bailing us out big-time).

So yes, silly decision by Stacey, but very much a collective failing. Celebration was worse though.

There has been talk of changing some of the throw-ins to some kind of kick. In the modern game having a throw-in in your own half is often a disadvantage, because of the quality of marking and pressing these days,