If we are waiting until the end of the season to replace Wagner which it looks likely, I would love to see him replace Wagner. With Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season, he is going to pursue his own career as a head coach in the summer.

Been at PSV, Porto and Liverpool as a coach and Assistant Manager. So many Liverpool fans rate him very highly and he is very much in the Klopp mould.

Just now, HB1989 said:

If we are waiting until the end of the season to replace Wagner which it looks likely, I would love to see him replace Wagner. With Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season, he is going to pursue his own career as a head coach in the summer.

Been at PSV, Porto and Liverpool as a coach and Assistant Manager. So many Liverpool fans rate him very highly and he is very much in the Klopp mould.

Very much in the Klopp mould = won't be coming to the championship.

3 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Some liverpool fans would not mind him taking over so he will not be coming here with 10 quid to spend 

1 minute ago, nu_matik said:

Very much in the Klopp mould = won't be coming to the championship.

Got to start somewhere. This is a great place for an up and coming Head Coach or someone at a big club starting their journey as a Head Coach for the first time. See McKenna……

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Some liverpool fans would not mind him taking over so he will not be coming here with 10 quid to spend 

Yes you are correct, I’m not saying it would be easy to entice him here but you never know. Would fit the style of play Knapper wants from his Head Coach.
Doubt Liverpool will give him the main job, big job for someone to go in after Klopp.

47 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Yes you are correct, I’m not saying it would be easy to entice him here but you never know. Would fit the style of play Knapper wants from his Head Coach.
Doubt Liverpool will give him the main job, big job for someone to go in after Klopp.

i think until Delia leaves it will be hard to get anyone of real note ,

my thoughts are MA needs full control then it is his club his money if he is going to spend some ,

imagine being equal shareholder and you are the only one putting money in 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HB1989 said:

Got to start somewhere. This is a great place for an up and coming Head Coach or someone at a big club starting their journey as a Head Coach for the first time. See McKenna……

We are a great club, you're right. Not the right time or state of the club to get a manager who's been assistant at that level that is more ready to step up immediately than McKenna.

We've got no ready cash at the moment and won't for a few years. He'll want to spend as its all he's been around 

38 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

We are a great club, you're right. Not the right time or state of the club to get a manager who's been assistant at that level that is more ready to step up immediately than McKenna.

We've got no ready cash at the moment and won't for a few years. He'll want to spend as its all he's been around 

Or the opposite is the case and he would want to show he can succeed when he doesn’t have vast amounts of money to spend.

Wikipedia says he went to manage NEC in Holland and was sacked after 5 months and returned to Liverpool as assistant again.

So I don't think he's ready to jump in and manage a big club right now, but as you say, if he's any good (I don't know the guy) and had the hunger to try being head coach again, i'd say we'd be quite an attractive proposition should we part ways with Wagner.

4 hours ago, HB1989 said:

Klopp free at the end of the season - why settle for a cheap imitation -  get the original !

24 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Klopp free at the end of the season - why settle for a cheap imitation -  get the original !

We wouldn’t be able to afford his fines for all the rants he goes on!

OK with Lijnders, how do we do this ? Entice him ?

How about during the game - we ambush him in the gents !

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or the opposite is the case and he would want to show he can succeed when he doesn’t have vast amounts of money to spend.

Happy to admit I jumped the gun a little and generalising the situation. As above I looked a little more into him and he has had a chance as manager and didn't do very well.

Doesn't mean he won't do well at some point of course. 

There is also nothing to say that he doesn't have his own style that isn't Kloppball

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Happy to admit I jumped the gun a little and generalising the situation. As above I looked a little more into him and he has had a chance as manager and didn't do very well.

Doesn't mean he won't do well at some point of course. 

There is also nothing to say that he doesn't have his own style that isn't Kloppball

And I had just assumed he hadn't already been a manager/head coach, and as you say not done too well. But in general I think we would be a very attractive club for an assistant wanting to move up to head coach.

Blimey, his name alone would cause endless problems. We had enough of those with Hughton/ Houghton and I can never remember whether it's Neal or Neil.

Perhaps it would provide a good crossword clue, though?

P.S. And I've just been informed I got McLean wrong for the umpteenth time.

Edited by BroadstairsR

34 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Blimey, his name alone would cause endless problems. We had enough of those with Hughton/ Houghton and I can never remember whether it's Neal or Neil.

Perhaps it would provide a good crossword clue, though?

P.S. And I've just been informed I got McLean wrong for the umpteenth time.

Just call him Kenny. 

I spent ages learning Omidalibale then we sold him. It reminded me of the BBC newsreader who spent all weekend learning how to pronounce the name of an African dictator. On her first day back at work someone shot him. 

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just call him Kenny. 

I spent ages learning Omidalibale then we sold him. It reminded me of the BBC newsreader who spent all weekend learning how to pronounce the name of an African dictator. On her first day back at work someone shot him. 

The funniest one I remember was from Paul Merson, known for such confusions, and exemplified when he called Huckerby "Huckleberry." on Sky Sports.

• Haha 1

I guess if people are ruling out Lijnders they won't be interested in Carlos Cuesta either? 

I'm not saying we rule out current assistant managers, but if Knapper restricts candidates to proven Head Coaches and presumably those out of work, it does thin down the search somewhat.