Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

Crazy (non football) sports stat

Lebron James has played against 35% of all the nba players in history. That is mental!

I wander what footballer has played against the most players. I think Shilton has played the most games so I'd imagine it's him.

When I've got a spare couple of days I might work out how many different players I've seen play.

More likely someone like Earnshaw as he played for a lot of years and in a lot of leagues. Shilton played most of his career at the top level.

• Like 1

Jamie Cureton must have a shout having played over 1,000 games across the Premier League down to Ithsmian League North…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Lebron James has played against 35% of all the nba players in history. That is mental!

I wander what footballer has played against the most players. I think Shilton has played the most games so I'd imagine it's him.

When I've got a spare couple of days I might work out how many different players I've seen play.

Boys netball isn't a real sport.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Different for football as it's across a world stage. Bobby Charlton must be well up there as well at least in the context of when he was playing.

Modern day it gets really tricky what with top players playing Champions League and countless internationals.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Different for football as it's across a world stage. Bobby Charlton must be well up there as well at least in the context of when he was playing.

Modern day it gets really tricky what with top players playing Champions League and countless internationals.

Certainly can't compare football top divisions with NBA

• only 30 teams in the whole of NBA, but all those teams play each other multiple times each 'regular season' regardless of the two geographical conferences.
  • on top, his teams probably got into the playoffs every season exposing him to more games and players.
  • timeline-wise it's only been going since 1946 with only 9 teams for 20 years, rising to just 23 by the late 70s.
  • we can presume a great expansion in squad sizes leading up to and/or within Lebron James' time (debut in 2003) in NBA as the sport's popularity surged

Combining the above with basketball's in-game squad rotation, the stat becomes clearer.

However, it's still an interesting stat for this man standing out from all other NBA players

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much what you said. I'm not comparing the sports. I know nba is relatively young and a closed shop. I still find it a crazy stat. 

A footballer equivalent would have a 50 year professional career in many leagues to get close

• Like 1